How Broke Would John Lynch Be If He Was Playing Now?

Falcon Man™

Watching "Top 10 most feared tacklers" on NFLN. Lynch was #10.

When they were showing the highlights, I remembered some of them but the guy was an absolute BEAST!

He could lay the wood!

I did notice he dropped his head ALOT during his tackling - almost to the point where I am surprised he was never seriously injured.

Thanks Rog. dry.png

Watching "Top 10 most feared tacklers" on NFLN. Lynch was #10.

When they were showing the highlights, I remembered some of them but the guy was an absolute BEAST!

He could lay the wood!

I did notice he dropped his head ALOT during his tackling - almost to the point where I am surprised he was never seriously injured.

Thanks Rog. dry.png

He's ( Lynch) commented on it on more than one occasion. Just about every tackle he use to make wood be illegal with Rog's new version of Tag Football.

He's ( Lynch) commented on it on more than one occasion. Just about every tackle he use to make wood be illegal with Rog's new version of Tag Football.

I WONDER WHAT THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE LIKE WHEN THEY GET THROUGH CHANGING RULES?wacko.png

I liked John Lynch. He would commonly drive RBs running with a full head of steam straight back, normally only WRs who haven't started running or QBs standing in the pocket get hit like that. To sum up John Lynch's beastliness as a tackler, here are a few examples....1-in 2006, Frank Gore was running and built up a full head of steam, Lynch lowered the boom and knocked him sideways, without him falling forward. Gore was praised just for even taking him on, lol. I've never seen a RB praised just for taking on a defender like that.......Then there was MJD in 2007, him running with a full head of steam, Lynch standing back there waiting for him...MJD lowers his shoulder, Lynch throws him forward to tackle him, and it's seen as Youtube worthy...that video was made to praise MJD, but the fact that that was even seen as youtube worthy shows much more of Lynch's greatness. A back who builds up a full head of steam making a safety throw them forward, who took maybe 2 steps into them is not impressive, but because Lynch is such a beast they made a video of it..........That really shows the degree to which many players were actually afraid to take him on.

I liked John Lynch. He would commonly drive RBs running with a full head of steam straight back, normally only WRs who haven't started running or QBs standing in the pocket get hit like that. To sum up John Lynch's beastliness as a tackler, here are a few examples....1-in 2006, Frank Gore was running and built up a full head of steam, Lynch lowered the boom and knocked him sideways, without him falling forward. Gore was praised just for even taking him on, lol. I've never seen a RB praised just for taking on a defender like that.......Then there was MJD in 2007, him running with a full head of steam, Lynch standing back there waiting for him...MJD lowers his shoulder, Lynch throws him forward to tackle him, and it's seen as Youtube worthy...that video was made to praise MJD, but the fact that that was even seen as youtube worthy shows much more of Lynch's greatness. A back who builds up a full head of steam making a safety throw them forward, who took maybe 2 steps into them is not impressive, but because Lynch is such a beast they made a video of it..........That really shows the degree to which many players were actually afraid to take him on.

LYNCH WAS GREAT AT PICKING HIS SPOT. IF HE CAUGHT YOU IN HIS SIGHTS, RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CROSS HAIRS .... YOU WERE DOOMED. YOU WOULD NOT BOGGY WOGGY ANYMORE. JOHN LYNCH DID NOT PLAY.unsure.png