Most Overrated & Underrated Falcons

M3T3

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All time underrated would probably be Jessie Tuggle, one of the league's all time leading tacklers but in no conversation for all time great LBs. All time overrated is really kind of hard, our team and players never have been hyped up. Some of you say Vick, but Vick was the type who half loved, and half hated, for reasons of his style...not really an overrated player.

Past:

Overrated: Vick

Underrated: Rod Coleman (dude was a beast, just imagine if Nolan had a DT like him right now)

Present:

Overrated: Spoon (for now but I believe that he will have a big year this season)

Underrated: Kroy (he was a big part of the defense last season despite not being highly productive in getting sacks)

All Time:

Over: Vick

Under: Tuggle

Now:

Over: Blalock

Under: Roddy (mainly by media)

I like this one too. Now though , the past is what I said. lol

Blalock is " decent ".

Roddy needs a lot more love. Only player I have ever been angry about not getting love.

Past:

Overrated: Vick

Underrated: Rod Coleman (dude was a beast, just imagine if Nolan had a DT like him right now)

Present:

Overrated: Spoon (for now but I believe that he will have a big year this season)

Underrated: Kroy (he was a big part of the defense last season despite not being highly productive in getting sacks)

Rod Coleman was fairly well respected, I wouldn't call him underrated. He was a beast of a pass rusher, but 05-06 he was only average versus the run. Our 05 run D was largely the fault of Chad Lavalais, but if Coleman had been a beast of a run stuffer that year we wouldn't have been as bad as 29th.................I agree on the part of wanting to see Coleman on Nolan's D now. Coleman brought pressure up the middle, which is especially difficult for a QB. With all our ball hawks, we would get a lot of picks with the help of pressure from Coleman to cause the mistakes.

I like this one too. Now though , the past is what I said. lol

Blalock is " decent ".

Roddy needs a lot more love. Only player I have ever been angry about not getting love.

lol I actually didn't notice that but glad we agree, I feel the same about Blalock and especially Roddy... he's really under appreciated by the national media.

When the man stops "being always ready" and actually "is ready for every game we play" I will change my mind.

Yeh I understand but when he plays he's a beast, he has niggling injuries which to me is more bad luck than being overrated.

Yeh I understand but when he plays he's a beast, he has niggling injuries which to me is more bad luck than being overrated.

On this board he is, he needs to stay healthy and learn how to man coverage and to wrap up.

He seems to me more of a highlight player with the big hits and he is good at zone coverage.

I rate him but he still has a way to go, got all the potential in the world so I am hoping he gets better, but right now I don't think he is a top 3 player on this D. Let alone the NFL.

On this board he is, he needs to stay healthy and learn how to man coverage and to wrap up.

He seems to me more of a highlight player with the big hits and he is good at zone coverage.

I rate him but he still has a way to go, got all the potential in the world so I am hoping he gets better, but right now I don't think he is a top 3 player on this D. Let alone the NFL.

lets-get-ready-to-rumble-o.gif

Edited by kane#7

I can't think of any player who was/is "overrated" Vick seems to be the name coming up a lot, but keep in mind, Vick was a trendsetter, probably the reason we see the "read option" now. The Falcons were hardly ever on primetime tv before Vick. He was exciting,& took QB speed on the field to another level. I'm not a Vick fan now, but I was glad to get the attention that he brought to Atlanta,( until the dog fighting stuff) You have to admit the Vick years had the dome rocking. There are however, a lot of "underrated" Falcons past & present: Nobis,Tuggle,Metcalf, C. Smith,Mathis W. Dunn, P. Kerney,Abe. Present Birds: Roddy, McClain,even Deuce-Deuce

Yeh agreed he needs to stay healthy and improve his fundamentals but he is a top 3 player on this D, along with Spoon and Babs. Our front 7 needs to improve so he can play more downhill, then he'll be much more effective.

Vick wasn't a trend setter. he followed in Randal Cunningham and Steve Young's footsteps. and i don't recall him running the read option. he dropped back and if receiver one was covered he took off, i cant remember him ever running down the line and faking a pitch then taking off. definitely overrated vs what we gave up to get him. i will say he brought excitement to Atlanta. but it was usually because we were all afraid he was going to get hurt on any given play.

most underrated to me was P Kerney, the FO didn't appreciate him enough to extend his contract and our pass rush went to crap after he left. they thought they could replace him with JA98 and we all know how that for them.

I can't say all time...I will go from 2008 - present.

O = MR

U = HD

They go hand in hand.

Lol you have that backwards

Hd isn't underrated at all he is OVERRATED. Drew davis has almost the same production as Douglas in half the snaps

And ryan is underrated. He was left off the top 100 for tim freaking tebow last year. Idk how that is overrated. Ryan and rodsy are the most underrated players on offense

Edited by BrandonDell_