Life Is Good .....

SaintRay

lol i just started noodling this summer. Nothing huge just a few 20 pound cats. Its fun thought.

Never done it. Not really into fresh water whatsoever but something about noodling that looks fun as heII. I am into the rush of fishing. Hooking a Marlin or any giant pelagic fish is the biggest rush. I think that sticking my hand in a muddy hole and enticing a big arse catfish to bite my arm sounds awesome! lol

Yeah i've never been a beach/ocean kind of guy. Mostly hungout in the mountains but i'd like to go one day.

Its a rush for sure. This past year i've been getting more and more primal when it comes to out doors. I'm actually on the hunt for a wild bee hive so i can robe the honey without getting the **** stung out of me, hopefully. lol its one of my goals for the summer.

Yeah i've never been a beach/ocean kind of guy. Mostly hungout in the mountains but i'd like to go one day.

Its a rush for sure. This past year i've been getting more and more primal when it comes to out doors. I'm actually on the hunt for a wild bee hive so i can robe the honey without getting the **** stung out of me, hopefully. lol its one of my goals for the summer.

I like this goal. lol

I have a friend who keeps bees. It isn't wild but being that I'm pretty dang allergic helping him is always fun. I keep my Epipen handy. happy.png

The trick is to use smoke to calm the bees and you won't get stung, I know beekeepers use it and I also saw on discovery channel these natives collecting whole hives for honey and used a ton of smoke in process.

The trick is to use smoke to calm the bees and you won't get stung, I know beekeepers use it and I also saw on discovery channel these natives collecting whole hives for honey and used a ton of smoke in process.

yeah thats my plan. find a hive, make a fire on the spot, collect the honey and return to camp all in one piece .)

Fishing trip was good today. Only caught 14 total, but most were good sized Redfish and a few Largemouth Bass. Couldn't get to the salty outside waters because of the winds today, so the Speckled Trout were absent this trip. Instead we fished in the backwater bayous where the water is brackish, or much less salt.

But you can't beat being on the water at daybreak in the quiet it offers.

TimiPhoneJune2013349_zpsca58bb7a.jpgTimiPhoneJune2013353_zps2936e507.jpgTimiPhoneJune2013352_zps3db9c103.jpgTimiPhoneJune2013363_zps7e516bf6.jpgTimiPhoneJune2013367_zps00458bc6.jpg

Guest fibonacci

Fishing trip was good today. Only caught 14 total, but most were good sized Redfish and a few Largemouth Bass. Couldn't get to the salty outside waters because of the winds today, so the Speckled Trout were absent this trip. Instead we fished in the backwater bayous where the water is brackish, or much less salt.

But you can't beat being on the water at daybreak in the quiet it offers.

TimiPhoneJune2013349_zpsca58bb7a.jpgTimiPhoneJune2013353_zps2936e507.jpgTimiPhoneJune2013352_zps3db9c103.jpgTimiPhoneJune2013363_zps7e516bf6.jpgTimiPhoneJune2013367_zps00458bc6.jpg

I'm jelly

My dad talks of the 4 Cs of fishing- catch, clean,cook consume.

Grew up in Arkansas, fishing for perch bass and crappie. My mother has been pan frying fresh caught fish in the same pan for well over 30 years. Never done any salt water fishing.

People who have never had freshly caught fish have no idea what they're missing.

I caught the speck in my avatar in 2001 in Lake Ponchartrain. 10.15 lbs. At the time, it was the 12th largest speck recorded in the state and I believe it is still the 3rd largest ever recorded from the lake. I had it mounted and put on the wall at the boat launch/bait shop at the end of the hwy 11 bridge in Slidell. The sad part is, while trying to secure everything at my house and load up the kids to evacuate for Katrina,I forgot the fish! I guess it made it back into the lake and marsh along with the rest of the building. I lost my house AND my fish on the same day! I have pics of other large specks I've caught in the lake, if I can figure out how to post them

post-562624-0-02035800-1371653186_thumb.

post-562624-0-73101400-1371653200_thumb.

Edited by DAT Fishing guy

Dat Fish,

I remember reading about your trout in the local news. That is a massive trout for those who don't realize it. Most of us are pretty happy to land a 3-5 pound trout. Welcome to the Rivals board, where the true football fans of the NFCS hang out.

SaintRay

(To post the picture larger, you need an offsite internet hosting site for your picture. Then just copy and paste it in the text box. Don't use the links provided for photo. I use Photobucket.)