Final Stadium Concept Unveiled

If you like the Pantheon, you'll be happy. They tweaked the original Pantheon design to open it up to provide skyline views. My only criticism of the original Pantheon was that it was too closed off. This is the best of both worlds, and will create an amazing stadium experience.

http://www.wsbtv.com.../gCBRT/#3548837

ATLANTA —

The Atlanta Falcons and the architecture firm chosen to build a new downtown stadium presented a final conceptual design to the Georgia World Congress Center Authority on Monday.

Officials with 360 Architecture showed images of the retractable roof stadium from above, as well as views from end zone and club seats.

Channel 2's Dave Huddleston attended the meeting on Monday and said the authority would vote to approve the concept design on Tuesday.

Officials said the final conceptual design may not reflect the final stadium once constructed but provide a starting point for future work.

Official said the next step would be a detailed schematic design and then a final design, which the Falcons anticipate by next April.

On Friday, 360 Architecture announced three local firms will partner in the design. Goode Van Slyke Architecture, Stanley Beaman & Sears and tvs design will join 360 Architecture, which is based in Kansas City.

Huddleston will have more on the final concept on Channel 2 Action News starting at 4.

Edited by AndrewsFrancisBart

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you like the Pantheon, you'll be happy. They tweaked the original Pantheon design to open it up to provide skyline views. My only criticism of the original Pantheon was that it was too closed off. This is the best of both worlds, and will create an amazing stadium experience.

http://www.wsbtv.com.../gCBRT/#3548837

ATLANTA —

The Atlanta Falcons and the architecture firm chosen to build a new downtown stadium presented a final conceptual design to the Georgia World Congress Center Authority on Monday.

Officials with 360 Architecture showed images of the retractable roof stadium from above, as well as views from end zone and club seats.

Channel 2's Dave Huddleston attended the meeting on Monday and said the authority would vote to approve the concept design on Tuesday.

Officials said the final conceptual design may not reflect the final stadium once constructed but provide a starting point for future work.

Official said the next step would be a detailed schematic design and then a final design, which the Falcons anticipate by next April.

On Friday, 360 Architecture announced three local firms will partner in the design. Goode Van Slyke Architecture, Stanley Beaman & Sears and tvs design will join 360 Architecture, which is based in Kansas City.

Huddleston will have more on the final concept on Channel 2 Action News starting at 4.

Thought the final design would not be unveiled for awhile. But I love the Patheon design so hopefully this is what it ends up looking like.

Thought the final design would not be unveiled for awhile. But I love the Patheon design so hopefully this is what it ends up looking like.

This isn't the final design, MAD...just the "final concept." Basically this means they are ditching the Solarium idea, and working off the Pantheon as the guide for final design of the stadium.

This isn't the final design, MAD...just the "final concept." Basically this means they are ditching the Solarium idea, and working off the Pantheon as the guide for final design of the stadium.

That's good, Looking forward to taking my son their when it opens. I'm glad they are going with a unique design that will really show off Atlanta. Could be a nice tourist thing just for the design alone. Maybe it will inspire some more futuristic building design in downtown Atl.

Agree. Dam.n thing looks tacky. The quality of a kids plastic playground, like a pile of rubble, trying too hard to make a statement. In ten years it will be an embarrassment and they'll talk of a $400million refurbishment plan. LOL

right. Just design a dome with.a.retractable roof. Period.

right. Just design a dome with.a.retractable roof. Period.

Why do that when their is a great opportunity to actually design a unique world class stadium? Who wants just another glass box? Something as unique as the Patheon could be an attraction just for the designs alone.

You know that's basically what this is right? A dome-shaped stadium with a retractable roof. It can either be a dome or an outdoors stadium, and it's shaped rather like a dome...

That's the irony. The plan, once you take out the folded planes is just like the existing dome. While it is 'retractable' it still is more closed than open. I wanted a stadium, not a Dome part II

I like it,I hated watching football in the fulton co stadium,I love the dome,but the falcons have out grown it.yep,for supposedly fickle,unsupporting fans,WE have out grown our dome.,how many more will be able to cheer on our team?10,000 ,20,000 maybe 30,000?!?!,more fans,more revenue and more jobs.plus bigger venues such as final four and SUPERBOWL(S)!!!!!