If Seymour And Abraham Are Such Great Assets.........................

Bring It

If they're both such great players................................why aren't NFL teams lining up, chomping at the bit to SIGN THEM ??? Lord knows there's been enough time to grab them both......................between 32 TEAMS. Welcome to the "World of Hype".

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Abe didn't do jack the second half of the season, can't even stay on the field the longer the season goes on, and what the OP said, why isn't he being scooped up by one of the other 31 NFL teams? Yeah he was a great Falcon but an expensive player to have around for what we were getting in return later half of the year.

Abe didn't do jack the second half of the season, can't even stay on the field the longer the season goes on, and what the OP said, why isn't he being scooped up by one of the other 31 NFL teams? Yeah he was a great Falcon but an expensive player to have around for what we were getting in return later half of the year.

John Abraham saved the game against the Cardinals when he forced a fumble that resulted in a TD. That happened in the second half of the season.

He had a great game against the Saints when the Falcons shut down Brees, with a sack and two passes defended. He was great in that game. That happened in the second half of the season.

This notion that Abraham just disappeared for the entire second half of the season..just fiction.

If you don't think it is fiction look at how effing sad the Falcons D looked once he was hurt.

I don't get the point of the post. Obviously, if Abe and Seymour have set their market price higher than teams are willing to pay. It doesn't mean that neither is worthy of having for a year or so at a lower price. Both have had great careers (one of them was our stalwart defensive player for years), so what's with putting them down? If they don't want to play for league minimum, that's understandable. If teams don't want to commit for two years and $7-8 million, that's understandable.

I don't get the point of the post. Obviously, if Abe and Seymour have set their market price higher than teams are willing to pay. It doesn't mean that neither is worthy of having for a year or so at a lower price. Both have had great careers (one of them was our stalwart defensive player for years), so what's with putting them down? If they don't want to play for league minimum, that's understandable. If teams don't want to commit for two years and $7-8 million, that's understandable.

Exactly. Very well said.

Abe is looking to be more of a full time player, and teams don't seem to view him that way, whereas Seymour is earning 12mil in dead money from the Raiders this season, so has no interest in playing unless it's the right situaton. There are unique situations for both of them. That's what's been reported at least.

Both them are good players that expects a one last huge contract before they retire. The problem is that NFL GMs are not willing to give big contracts to old vets on their way out. They used to, just not anymore. The market of salary has changed from what they're accustomed to.

So lets see 15 total tackles, 3 sacks and goose eggs for the playoffs, and how much time on the bench? Compare that with 20 tackles and 7 sacks to start the season...yeah he gets better as the season wears on. Seriously you can love a player but the dude is old and his best is behind him, 31 other teams with far greater knowledge of the game can agree on that.

And I can't quite figure out what John Abraham did to deserve the hate he is getting from people lately. It's wierd to me.

I guess it is just an overzealousness to defend TD or something, but he certainly doesn't deserve it.

No, no.............I don't "Hate" Abe, in fact I don't even like the word HATE....................waaay too much of it in the world today. I agree, Abe WAS a very productive player but I believe his body is wearing out .......................like fast. Our coaches know this. His days of being an impact player are pretty much over and the Falcons probably decided they can't afford to use a very valuable roster spot on a "Part Time" player, especially at a high income. Abe made some incredible plays for us over the past few years, absolutely. He WAS awesome..................the key word being "Was".

Well put.

And I can't quite figure out what John Abraham did to deserve the hate he is getting from people lately. It's wierd to me.

I guess it is just an overzealousness to defend TD or something, but he certainly doesn't deserve it.

Who hates Abe, or has been hating on Abe? lol

Think maybe you're seeing things that aren't there.

Who hates Abe, or has been hating on Abe? lol

Think maybe you're seeing things that aren't there.

No one hates Abe, some of us though have seen him disapear far to much over the last few years and are ready to move on.

We do know of one person (cough) peyton (cough) that has admitted to hating TD for cutting Abe so it's pretty obvious Peyton's rage is clouding his judgement not the other way around.

The fact he still tries to argue like he is unbiased is like some bizarro world thing going on.

Like people said go back look at the 2012 season entirely look at the teams John Abraham actually did a lot of damage too. Let's look shall we I see Arizona, Oakland, San Diego, and Kansas City he even had a fair game against Carolina the first time in Tackles, but no sacks. So what does this say he was at least good the first half the season against SORRY TEAMS in the second half he had one good game everything else is forgettable. That one game was against the saints oh keep in mind those games he did very well in still possibly could have won regardless if he's there or not. Then topping that all off he didn't do a whole lot in the playoffs anyways so what makes it really justifiable to bring him back, and then he's being an *** trying to get all this money when everyone knows he's done, or at least a shell of himself.

Why will anybody hate on Abe?