Fantasy Roundtable: Steven Jackson V. Matt Forte

Guest King Jigsaw

I see myself drafting AP first overall and then not getting a chance at Forte or SJax so it doesn't matter.

Oh he should break a thousand. If not he'll be right there. I just don't know what to expect receiving wise.keeping in mind Koetter seems to like using the running backs in the passing game, this is his most versatile back since having MJD.

Exactly this, I seriously doubt he breaks 1100 yds on the ground. He will be catching some passes though.

Actually a pretty good comparison fantasy-wise except for one thing...touchdowns. Both guys probably won't have 300 carries, but could likely catch 40-50 balls. The big difference is that Michael Bush is Chicago's goal-line back,, while Jackson is expected to be our goal line back.

Their stats could end up very similar other than that, but Jackson has a chance at double digit touchdowns, Forte likely doesn't.

Actually a pretty good comparison fantasy-wise except for one thing...touchdowns. Both guys probably won't have 300 carries, but could likely catch 40-50 balls. The big difference is that Michael Bush is Chicago's goal-line back,, while Jackson is expected to be our goal line back.

Their stats could end up very similar other than that, but Jackson has a chance at double digit touchdowns, Forte likely doesn't.

I don't think SJax will get over 250 carries, he is a complement peice to our O while Forte is a focus of thiers.

I hope we use a very good balance of SJax and Quizz so both are fresh for the Playoffs.

I don't think SJax will get over 250 carries, he is a complement peice to our O while Forte is a focus of thiers.

I hope we use a very good balance of SJax and Quizz so both are fresh for the Playoffs.

250 carries is about what I'm thinking for Jackson...about a 10% increase in carries over Turner is reasonable IMO. Forte hasn't had more than 258 carries since his rookie year, so I think their carries could be pretty close to each other.

Forte catches a lot of balls, but Falcons RB's caught 103 passes last year, so there is just as big of an opportunity for receptions for Jackson IMO.

250 carries is about what I'm thinking for Jackson...about a 10% increase in carries over Turner is reasonable IMO. Forte hasn't had more than 258 carries since his rookie year, so I think their carries could be pretty close to each other.

Forte catches a lot of balls, but Falcons RB's caught 103 passes last year, so there is just as big of an opportunity for receptions for Jackson IMO.

True but I think Julio explodes this season, also I wouldn't be surprised if Quizz is still our 3rd down back this season as he is a very good and reliable blocker.

Also we have a lot more weapons than the Bears which is good for our offense but bad for fantasy production.

Matt Forte was great 3 years ago, in 2011, I was tearing up my fantasy league with Forte but he couldn't complete the season. Same story last year, I would take Steven Jackson over Forte any day.

Steven Jackson will probably get 1500-1600 all purpose yards (Receiving and rushing), add in 10-12 TD, its pretty good fantasy production. Would I take him over Foster, Rice or Alfred Morris? No, unless something changes in the preseason.

He will be a key part of the offense, I can see him get plenty action if the teams dare Falcons to run with deep safeties. He can grab some quick passes in the first half and close out games with run game in the second half when leading.

He will be a key part of the offense, I can see him get plenty action if the teams dare Falcons to run with deep safeties. He can grab some quick passes in the first half and close out games with run game in the second half when leading.

I wouldn't take him too high he would be a good late 1st rounder but I think I will get back on the Forte bandwagon again this yer now that the Oline could be better.

Barring an injury (Lord forbid), I have a hard time believing that Jackson doesn't break 1,000. Who would dare put eight in the box, much less play the safeties near the LOS with White and Jones running around in the secondary? San Fran and Seattle have very good corner guys and got torched by those guys. Jackson will have a field day every week if the line holds up.

Barring an injury (Lord forbid), I have a hard time believing that Jackson doesn't break 1,000. Who would dare put eight in the box, much less play the safeties near the LOS with White and Jones running around in the secondary? San Fran and Seattle have very good corner guys and got torched by those guys. Jackson will have a field day every week if the line holds up.

I think he will have a high ypc but I just don't think he will be fed the ball much.

We are a pass first team now and I think Quizz will get more carries this year than last year.

Unlike Forte who besides Marshall is the only weapon on the Bears.

I think he will have a high ypc but I just don't think he will be fed the ball much.

We are a pass first team now and I think Quizz will get more carries this year than last year.

Unlike Forte who besides Marshall is the only weapon on the Bears.

Don't sleep on Bush, he was their goal line back last year.