What Year Was This?

SaintRay

atlanta-falcons-1966-69-nfl-mini-helmet_zpsa5c5c557.jpg

THAT WAS THE GOOD OLE' DAYS, 60's & 70's. I STILL LOVE THAT LOGO. I THINK THE ONE WE GOT NOW SUCKS. IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT. AT LEAST YOU GUYS HAVE NEVER MESSED WITH THE SAINT LOGO. I SAW A CLIP ON ARCHIE MANNING A LITTLE WHILE AGO. I LIKED ARCHIE, HE WAS A GOOD QB. HE JUST DIDN'T HAVE ANY HELP. BUT THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES. THAT LOGO TAKES ME BACK.biggrin.png

Correct.

Randy Johnson and Bob Berry wore this style helmet, and so did Steve Bartkowski for awhile.

I thought it was a cool looking helmet. But today unless it's black, it isn't evil enough.

DANG RAY, YOU BEEN AROUND. RANDY JOHNSON WAS ATLANTA'S FIRST QUARTERBACK. BOB BERRY DID VERY WELL WITH US, HE PLAYED FOR THE VIKES BEFORE HE CAME HERE. AND STEVE BARTKOWSKI, HE WAS THE MAN. BAD KNESS ENDED HIS STAY WITH US. THIS IS HOW I RATE'EM, MATT RYAN, STEVE BARTKOWSKI, MIKE VICK, AND A HOST OF OTHERS.

I thought they still used those into early eighties?

PROBABLY SO. DON'T REMEMBER THE EXACT YEAR. BUT I DO REMEMBER I DIDN'T LIKE WHAT THE REPLACEMENT WAS. BUT TIME LETS THINGS GROW ON YOU. I STILL LIKE THE OLD LOGO BETTER. I WONDER IF ITS BECAUSE I'M JUST OLD SCHOOL?huh.png

I have one of those helmets. tongue.png And I'm not gonna pretend I was around in the 60s, but I always thought that was the first helmet the Falcons wore. It's what they wear with our throwbacks now too.

I like the new Falcons logo fine though.

I like the old logo, the new one just seems too Arena League looking. Love the Red helmets though.

im a fan of the old logo too

At the time it came out in '65, It was one of the most modern looking logos in the NFL at the time. I remember all the kids loved it! Of course they were all used to seeing the Browns logo, so anything was an improvement.

DANG RAY, YOU BEEN AROUND. RANDY JOHNSON WAS ATLANTA'S FIRST QUARTERBACK. BOB BERRY DID VERY WELL WITH US, HE PLAYED FOR THE VIKES BEFORE HE CAME HERE. AND STEVE BARTKOWSKI, HE WAS THE MAN. BAD KNESS ENDED HIS STAY WITH US. THIS IS HOW I RATE'EM, MATT RYAN, STEVE BARTKOWSKI, MIKE VICK, AND A HOST OF OTHERS.

I hated Bartkowski. That dude won a lot of games at the expense of my favorite team. He was a pretty good QB in the 70's. Then Montana came along in the 90's and dominated my team for a decade.

I hated Bartkowski. That dude won a lot of games at the expense of my favorite team. He was a pretty good QB in the 70's. Then Montana came along in the 90's and dominated my team for a decade.

BART WAS THE FIRST QB WE EVER HAD, THAT GAVE US A FEELING THAT WE COULD WIN AGAINST ANYBODY. AND WITH HIM THE BETTER TEAMS FOUND OUT OUR FEELINGS WERE NOT IN VAIN. HE WASN'T A CHAMPIONSHIP QB, BUT HE WAS A COMPETITIVE QB. MEANING .... YOU HAD TO BRING YOUR "A" GAME TO BEAT US. IF YOU DIDN'T HAVE YOUR "A" GAME TOGETHER ... ATLANTA BEAT YOU. I DON'T CARE WHO YOU WERE.biggrin.png