How In The +$&*

Does all the power go completely out in one **** bedroom in my house and everything else is perfect. I don't know what happened in a 3 hour frame yesterday but the power in my daughters room just stopped working. I know it wasn't her because we all were in the living room. I reset the breaker and boom nothing. Smh, add this crop to my list of growing bills lol

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

could be a number of things. . . you can easily isolate the issue since the issue has already isolated itself. Usually, a bedroom is on its own circuit

could be a short circuit. . .in this case, no the breaker will not close the circuit

could be a bad breaker and just needs to be replaced

could be an overcurrent condition on that particular circuit. . . some device could be drawing too much current and would need to be removed from outlet power before resetting the breaker

Edited by ABFonly

could be a number of things. . . you can easily isolate the issue since the issue has already isolated itself. Usually, a bedroom is on its own circuit

could be a short circuit. . .in this case, no the breaker will not close the circuit

could be a bad breaker and just needs to be replaced

could be an overcurrent condition on that particular circuit. . . some device could be drawing too much current and would need to be removed from outlet power before resetting the breaker

her bedroom is on the same switch as our bedroom. Our bedroom is fine except one plug on the wall on the side of her room. I checked her room out and there are only 2 plugs plugged in. I'll pull those out and try resetting again.

Guest fibonacci

I got this one.

It's your triplex in the ground. One of the three went out.

Call Georgia power and they will fix it for free.

Guest fibonacci

I used to be an electrical lineman... This one i know. It might be a fuse...... But more then likely it's the tri in the ground.

Usually they happen after a bad storm. But a seen a few (including mine) that happened for no reason.

Guest fibonacci

would my local power company be able to do it. I don't have Georgia power.

yep. They have to.

They'll come out and hook a box on the side of your house until they can get a crew to come out there and do the work.

The box will give you free electricity cough cough.

And it last for a week.

Call them.

yep. They have to.

They'll come out and hook a box on the side of your house until they can get a crew to come out there and do the work.

The box will give you free electricity cough cough.

And it last for a week.

Call them.

lol ain't nothing wrong with free electricity. I got away with a freebie Last year because of an error on their behalf lol

Guest fibonacci

Sounds like he has seen this issue. I dont know what else to tell you

yep. I loved what i did and was a wimp at climbing... Hence the reason i don't do it anymore. I went into Crane work after that and was allowed to work under and above lines.

Usually you have to take a test, but i already had higher licenses.

Guest fibonacci

lol ain't nothing wrong with free electricity. I got away with a freebie Last year because of an error on their behalf lol

i know some tricks.... But i won't do them. Nor do i recommend trying them. Honestly.

My close friend, uncle died stealing it all the time. And one day.... Well it was his last.

yep. I loved what i did and was a wimp at climbing... Hence the reason i don't do it anymore. I went into Crane work after that and was allowed to work under and above lines.

Usually you have to take a test, but i already had higher licenses.

that's what's up. Not really to fond to climbing myself but have to every here and there

i know some tricks.... But i won't do them. Nor do i recommend trying them. Honestly.

My close friend, uncle died stealing it all the time. And one day.... Well it was his last.

only thing I would try is getting free cable and Internet from charter lol but I can never catch one of those guys. Last year they came and read my water meter completely wrong and it ended up having a negative reading which lead to me having a negative balance. The following month I got a 400 bill and gave them a call. They came and straightened it out and dropped the bill to 153 lol. I remember it like it was yesterday

Guest fibonacci

only thing I would try is getting free cable and Internet from charter lol but I can never catch one of those guys. Last year they came and read my water meter completely wrong and it ended up having a negative reading which lead to me having a negative balance. The following month I got a 400 bill and gave them a call. They came and straightened it out and dropped the bill to 153 lol. I remember it like it was yesterday

lol that's a first. Hilarious actually

Guest fibonacci

Fibonnaci

ohhhh snap sorry guys.

Pee wow. Sorry it's the meds.

And i think i just made the funniest comment of the day, and only you two will ever know.

Guest fibonacci

surely will. I would hate to call an electrician and get charged 3 arms and 4 legs. Already waiting for this doctor bill to come. Don't need another

lol sorry for that typing. My mind is on one thing.

Also they should not charge you. It's their fault basically.

Snapping shoals and Georgia power don't charge.