Sione Po'uha Over Seymour, Is Who I Want

Guest fibonacci

Guest fibonacci

I don't know what happened to my thread. But anyhow po'uha imo is better.

I Also feel the coaches just need a good rotational player, and not a starter. We need to keep our guys healthy.

It's only June 16. Let get through mini-camp and training camp first too see what these young guys (the ones who has the potential to stick around for a while) can do before we bring in a older vet that will only give us a year or two.

The Falcons would know how things are by then and rather or not to grab someone of the market.

Geno Atkins will be a UFA next year unless the Bengals chose to franchise him or sign him. I rather wait for a player like that.

Guest fibonacci

It's only June 16. Let get through mini-camp and training camp first too see what these young guys (the ones who has the potential to stick around for a while) can do before we bring in a older vet that will only give us a year or two.

The Falcons would know how things are by then and rather or not to grab someone of the market.

Geno Atkins will be a UFA next year unless the Bengals chose to franchise him or sign him. I rather wait for a player like that.

Yeah atkins isn't going to get the green light.

And why wait and see what we have? We've been seeing it. And if the Falcons were looking.... Then clearly they are looking for a reason.

Yeah atkins isn't going to get the green light.

And why wait and see what we have? We've been seeing it. And if the Falcons were looking.... Then clearly they are looking for a reason.

Its called being smart.

If they felt DT was a giant need as some here due we would have addressed it.

We felt RB was need so we cut Turner and signed Jackson

We felt a vet D-end was a need after cutting Abe and we wasted little time grabbing Osi.

We felt corner was a need after we cut drob and let Grimes and Owens walk so we traded up to get the guy we wanted and then spend the next pick at the same position.

Every position we identified as a big need we addressed.

If DT or Linebacker were as big of concern to the FO as it is to the fan base we would have signed one/ drafted one. earlier than june 16th.

Its called being smart.

If they felt DT was a giant need as some here due we would have addressed it.

We felt RB was need so we cut Turner and signed Jackson

We felt a vet D-end was a need after cutting Abe and we wasted little time grabbing Osi.

We felt corner was a need after we cut drob and let Grimes and Owens walk so we traded up to get the guy we wanted and then spend the next pick at the same position.

Every position we identified as a big need we addressed.

If DT or Linebacker were as big of concern to the FO as it is to the fan base we would have signed one/ drafted one. earlier than june 16th.

I definitely agree with you to a point but they could have easily picked a LB or DT in the draft if the right one was available. I wouldn't go as far as saying its not a big concern. They were trying to sign Seymour for a reason.

Guest fibonacci

I definitely agree with you to a point but they could have easily picked a LB or DT in the draft if the right one was available. I wouldn't go as far as saying its not a big concern. They were trying to sign Seymour for a reason.

Yeah we wanted two great CBs, and after that, there wad no good DT

That's the words of Nolan

After the CB picks and trade, we didn't pick again until the 120's, so in a sense, there were not many great DT prospects at that point. While we needed a great DT prospect, there was also plenty of room for another Vance Walker type of player - a guy that could give you effective rotational snaps, like Seymour and Pouha, for a lot cheaper.

Guest fibonacci

If this is the case, we should look into Casey Hampton.

heck no. That guy needs retirement

Also only good for the run

I wouldn't mind him but TD doesn't sound keen on 320+ pound DT for some reason, we like our smaller more athletic ones

Its the way the game is now and for the most part even Nolan has said he wants 3 down guys and for that reason I believe we have'nt gone after those bigger guys because of the fact alot of teams are going to these fast paced offense's now which limits these bigger guys.

The 300 lb guy is going to be the staple going foward upfront the days of monster lineman ie Jerome Brown's of the world will get slowly phased out for the more mobile type DT.

Its the way the game is now and for the most part even Nolan has said he wants 3 down guys and for that reason I believe we have'nt gone after those bigger guys because of the fact alot of teams are going to these fast paced offense's now which limits these bigger guys.

The 300 lb guy is going to be the staple going foward upfront the days of monster lineman ie Jerome Brown's of the world will get slowly phased out for the more mobile type DT.

I can't wait for this to come full circle.

Just once all the teams go small fast guys someone brings back power running and an intimidating D.... dominates the league old school.

Guest fibonacci

Just once all the teams go small fast guys someone brings back power running and an intimidating D.... dominates the league old school.

Agreed

Horses for courses thats all I'll say it just seems like its a long way away if you look at the likes of RG3 Wilson Kaepernick and such throw in Ryan Manning Brees Brady and alike all run up tempo style offenses.I gotta think its a decade away at least before that circle you mentioned comes back around.

If I'm honest as long as the Falcons are ahead or at the front of the cue when they come back I'm good but for now it is what it is.