Why Are There So Many Shows/movies Filmed In Atl?

I just saw a tweet from the ajc that said there are 15 reality shows currently being filmed here. That's the most of ANY city. I can't turn in the tv without seeing another reality show being filmed here

There are also a lot of tv shows (walking dead etc) being filmed here and movies.

Why? Lol

Not tatf realted but ATL related.

Its like Atlanta is becoming the new hollywood smh..

They have been buuilding studios all over GA the last few years. GA has mountains and coast. So that is attractive. The main reason they all came here is because of state tax incentives. I have been working with a lot of people in the movie industry and as the new studios are finished building more and more movies and shows will be filmed in GA. They are calling it Hollywood East.

Because Georgia offers tax incentives to film companies and because most counties are camera ready.

And because states like Michigan got rid of their tax incentives for feature films. Besides TV, plenty of movies are filming and have filmed here. I can think of 10 in the last few years. I walked onto a few sets by complete accident the last few years, but that's just another bonus of city living!

And because states like Michigan got rid of their tax incentives for feature films. Besides TV, plenty of movies are filming and have filmed here. I can think of 10 in the last few years. I walked onto a few sets by complete accident the last few years, but that's just another bonus of city living!

Lol that must have been awkward

Edited by BrandonDell_

Tax incentives is the answer as well as ease of talent to come in and out as necessary with our airport being busiest in the world. I don't live in Georgia anymore, but it is definitely noticeable that filming is happening frequently in ATL these days. Both of the last two trips I was in ATL, I was in Bloomingdales in Phipps or Lenox or whichever one it is on and both times there was a woman there buying about 25k worth of mens clothes if not more without a whim or worry about size and I was like wtf? The employee who checked me out at the register told me that they were costume designers for movie sets and that was when it hit home how popular we were becoming for filming.

LA and NY have the better environment and also they bring in more money than Atlanta does. Though it would bring more money for Atlanta if a show was taped there and the economic reasons due to it.

What does la or ny have to do with the question at hand? Ny and la are two of the largest media markets in the world no one is asking whos is better between the two. There are TONS of movies, shows , etc filmed in Atlanta though. Atlanta has more reality shows then any city and they arent to far behind on tv shows etc. I was just wondering why

And ny doesn't have a better environment lol

Edited by BrandonDell_

"Because Atlanta is a rotten and plagued city that NOBODY cares about visiting, yet even stepping foot in, because they're afraid that malaria or some other misfortune will devour them." -----In the words of delusional Saints fans rolleyes.gif

Georgia passed a law a few years back that incentivised the production of movies here. I know the owners of River wood studios and they were so happy when it happened. Mitch Seabaugh had a part in it as well. I did his voice over for his ad campaign. Paul Lombardi and Scott Tigelahar are the owners. I've sold many of them cars.