Another Football Topic: Which Udfa Will Surprise And Get Significant Playing Time If Any?

MSalmon

And Adam Repogle for UDFA at DT. He's a powerful solidly built guy with good quickness and room to add weight on his frame. The more I watch him the more he reminds me of a taller Kelly Gregg.

I think he could have been drafted had he been on a better team

This is just going off the college tape that I've watched, since I don't really have anything else to go off of, but I'll list off my favorites, by position. Also, to keep things simple, I'm only listing 2013 UDFAs that Iike.

OT: Ryan Schraeder

OG:Theo Goins

WR: Darius Johnson

RB: Ronnie Wingo

DE: Brandon Thurmond

DT: Adam Replogle

LB: Paul Worrilow

Edited by hjerry

Gonna have to go with my boy Bartu, he is like a rabid bear chasing down runners

Also - Worrilow, Darius Johnson, Replogle

You know I like Bartu as well. Worrilow is an athletic beast.

I don't know what to think about Darius Johnson. I know 40 times aren't everything, but 4.6 from a 5'9" 180 pound WR doesn't bode well. Plus he played in that gimmicky June Jones scheme. I hope I'm wrong.

I still like Repogle best. I just love a 6'3 300 LB DT that runs a sub 5 40 amd pushes up 38 reps yet gets udrafted! You know he's got a chip on his shoulder. In the few Indiana games I saw he was a rare bright spot on a terrible team. And he has one speed--fast. I love his motor

This is just going off the college tape that I've watched, since I don't really have anything else to go off of, but I'll list off my favorites, by position. Also, to keep things simple, I'm only listing 2013 UDFAs that Iike.

OT: Ryan Schraeder

OG:Theo Goins

WR: Darius Johnson

RB: Ronnie Wingo

DE: Brandon Thurmond

DT: Adam Replogle

LB: Paul Worrilow

You think they'll all see playing time?

They will all show something as they have nothing to lose and everything to gain. A few will be on the practice squad. I doubt any make the final squad. Outside shot is Bartu.

Right now, we have two open roster spots on the Oline and one open roster spot at LB, and that's assuming that none of them beat out a current player for their spot, also. Unless, we go and add some vet depth, there will be a minimum of three UDFAs making this roster.

Edited by hjerry

Right now, we have two open roster spots on the Oline and one open roster spot at LB, and that's assuming that none of them beat out a current player for their spot, also. Unless, we go and add some vet depth, there will be a minimum of three UDFAs making this roster.

I figured about the same. Im adding three nore areas open to competiotion:

3rd & 4th RB:

We carried 3 rbs (Turner, Quizz and Smith), one hybrid RB/FB (Snelling) and 1 FB (Cox) for 5 total. We know that SJax replaced Turner, Quizz is safe and Ewing should be FB.

I could , however, see Snelling or Antoine Smith's spot being open for completion-- or maybe both.

Maybe Wingo? He's got great measurable and plays both HB and FB. Antoine Smith is a STs dynamo so as much as it pains e he could be safe--but who knows? One other wildcard is Josh Vaughn who we kept on PS last season.

DT Rotation:

I do think the DT rotation is open for competition. I do not think Jerry has a spot secured. I think Peters and Babs are guaranteed spots. Last year they carried 5 DTs. So with Walker gone that's one spot open for sure and no draft pick--so at least that one is open. I do think a vet will be signed to replace Walker (hope is Seymour). So if we go with Babs, Peters and Vet signing as the guaranteed 3--that leaves 2 slots . I'm not so positive tat either Jerry or Robertson have those slots guaranteed. If we got a vet like Seymour, I could see us dumping Jerry. Keeping Robertson and either Repogle or Huynh making final roster--with the other going to practice squad. I really don't know anything about Huynh other than he's big at 6'4" 315--got any info on Huynh?

WR ROTATION:

Could HD get pushed this year? Don't know. Ill have to think about this one. The only UDFA WR that seems capable might be Toone or Johnson from a STs perspective.

And Adam Repogle for UDFA at DT. He's a powerful solidly built guy with good quickness and room to add weight on his frame. The more I watch him the more he reminds me of a taller Kelly Gregg.

I think he could have been drafted had he been on a better team

DON'T STEAL MY GUY!!!

Seems to me, an injury at almost any position on our team would make things very very interesting. I'll go with LB, where Weatherspoon has trouble staying healthy. If Nicholas and Spoon both go out, one of these UDFAs will have to play some. Or William Moore would have to move up, with Mitchell or Mota or Alford taking his place at safety.

Seems to me, an injury at almost any position on our team would make things very very interesting. I'll go with LB, where Weatherspoon has trouble staying healthy. If Nicholas and Spoon both go out, one of these UDFAs will have to play some. Or William Moore would have to move up, with Mitchell or Mota or Alford taking his place at safety.

Moore as a LB? God I hope not. I'm hoping we sign a vet LB at some point

3rd & 4th RB:

We carried 3 rbs (Turner, Quizz and Smith), one hybrid RB/FB (Snelling) and 1 FB (Cox) for 5 total. We know that SJax replaced Turner, Quizz is safe and Ewing should be FB.

I could , however, see Snelling or Antoine Smith's spot being open for completion-- or maybe both.

Maybe Wingo? He's got great measurable and plays both HB and FB. Antoine Smith is a STs dynamo so as much as it pains e he could be safe--but who knows? One other wildcard is Josh Vaughn who we kept on PS last season.

DT Rotation:

I do think the DT rotation is open for competition. I do not think Jerry has a spot secured. I think Peters and Babs are guaranteed spots. Last year they carried 5 DTs. So with Walker gone that's one spot open for sure and no draft pick--so at least that one is open. I do think a vet will be signed to replace Walker (hope is Seymour). So if we go with Babs, Peters and Vet signing as the guaranteed 3--that leaves 2 slots . I'm not so positive tat either Jerry or Robertson have those slots guaranteed. If we got a vet like Seymour, I could see us dumping Jerry. Keeping Robertson and either Repogle or Huynh making final roster--with the other going to practice squad. I really don't know anything about Huynh other than he's big at 6'4" 315--got any info on Huynh?

WR ROTATION:

Could HD get pushed this year? Don't know. Ill have to think about this one. The only UDFA WR that seems capable might be Toone or Johnson from a STs perspective.

I see Harland Gunn, Phillipkieth Manley, Kevin Cone, Tommy Gallarda, Terrence Johnson, Shann Schillinger, Tim Toone, Robert James, Peria Jerry,and Antone Smith as players that have made the roster in the past, that are on the roster bubble. All the others, I see as safe.

Last year we got one starter undrafted. We found two backups with starter potential. Josh Harris had solid year. Davis and Manley were nice additions.

This year I like WR Martel Moore and OL Terren Jones to make the team. Ronnie Wingo has Antone Smith blocking him unless he really performs. Bartu and Worrilow are both fighting for a single spot against Robert James. WR Drew Davis has shown glimpses and could be in trouble if a second WR shows well. Darius Johnson has the hands to make the kind of catches that bail a QB out and keep drives alive.

3rd & 4th RB:

DT Rotation:

WR ROTATION:

no way snelling spot is up for competition. He plays grear on special teams.

Way to Go Martel !!! Falcons fans are lucky to have you in their uniform and you are blessed to have the opportunity to play in the NFL in Atlanta. ..Show them what i have seen you do since Warren high in San Antonio.. showtime !!! Go falcons !!!

Yeh I like him too. Everyone's fan favorite is Darius Johnson atm to win the 5th WR spot but I think Moore will get it, he looks really athletic on film.