Where Did Your True Hate For The Aints Come From?

RI Falcon

So obviously all us Falcons fans HATE the Aints.. but where specifically did it derive from? Obviously it comes purely from being a division rival, but was it the fans? A specific player? A specific game?

Me?

Obviously hated them because of being in the division but my pure hate actually came due to the media about a year or two after their return from Katrina. It was a national TV game with Falcons Aints and the announcer began to tell this bull "heartwarming" tale about how all New Orleans had through the Katrina fiasco was the Saints. They told something about a preacher saying like, "We don't have food, we don't have our homes, we don't have clean clothes, but at least we have our Saints." Then went on to Saints fans being there through thick and thin.

BULL SH*T. That story made me want to vomit. Their team was in shambles, they were paper bag wearing status, and the games were SO empty, they were about to MOVE THE TEAM. But suddenly after one good year their citizens decided to emerge from the swamps and suddenly become fans. THAT is where my pure hate truly comes from.

My hate has obviously become worse since people like Curtis Lofton, or celebrating on our logo, etc. But where did your hate derive from outside of being a division rival?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I started hating with a passionwhen they won the Super Bowl. Then when lofting signed it escalated & when bounty gate came out I wanted them to burn the team to the ground. I truly hate them but I can say not more than the panties, Why?? Half my fam is from NC so when they had their glory years (many centuries ago) they let me hear the worst of jokes, so now I do it to them solely because we're successful & they suck

It's obvious that the hate stems from jealousy of a more successful organization. Previously, we hated the Buccaneers and sometimes the Panthers more because well, the Bucs have a ring and the Panthers were moderately successful under Fox. In fact, some fans even felt sorry for the Saints.

Frankly we are just jealous. Jealous of their success, jealous of them being more favored in the media than us, jealous that they have a better QB, jealous that more bandwagoners jump on their bandwagon, jealous that most teams in the NFL would rather play us than the Saints, jealous that they get away with things because they can.

Edited by Mr. Right

It's obvious that the hate stems from jealousy of a more successful organization. Previously, we hated the Buccaneers and sometimes the Panthers more because well, the Bucs have a ring and the Panthers were moderately successful under Fox. In fact, some fans even felt sorry for the Saints.

Frankly we are just jealous. Jealous of their success, jealous of them being more favored in the media than us, jealous that they have a better QB, jealous that more bandwagoners jump on their bandwagon, jealous that most teams in the NFL would rather play us than the Saints, jealous that they get away with things because they can.

Why do you say we and us like you're a falcons fan? Gtfoh

And the falcons have hated the saints long before 2009. Falcons didn't just start hating the saints after the superbowl

Edited by BrandonDell_

But not as much as we hated the Bucs and Panthers.

Stop saying "we" like you're a falcons fan. Just stop.

And the saints are our biggest rivals. ALWAYS have been. They aren't just rivals because they won a sb and we didn't that's stupid.

And no team is bandwagoning the saints anymore. No team would rather play us then the saints. They have the worst defense in nfl history and brees lead the league in interceptions. Stop living in 2009 like the rest of the swamp people

Edited by BrandonDell_

run back into your hellhole and stop trollin, it's pathetic.......

Edited by DirtyBird8711

Stop saying "we" like you're a falcons fan. Just stop.

And the saints are our biggest rivals. ALWAYS have been. They aren't just rivals because they won a sb and we didn't that's stupid.

And no team is bandwagoning the saints anymore. No team would rather play us then the saibts. They have the worst defense in nfl history. Stop living in 2009 like the rest of the swamp

Are you serious? The 49ers, Panthers, and Bucs were bigger rivals prior to the Saints winning the Superbowl.

It's like to brothers, both unsuccessful. The second the Saints became successful, the other brother immediately became jealous.

Edited by Mr. Right

...And speaking of their SB win, it spawned a sect of sad, little, mental, out-of-work FEMA trolls who lurk here posing as Falcons fans.

It's been years since that day and it's sad they're still here.

Are you serious? The 49ers, Panthers, and Bucs were bigger rivals prior to the Saints winning the Superbowl.

It's like to brothers, both unsuccessful. The second the Saints became successful, the other brother immediately became jealous.

I know you're always trying to troll but that statement was more idiotic than the rest. Atlanta vs NOLA has been going on since the beginning of both teams. I know it had already been revoked but you seriously just lost your Fan card.

...And speaking of their SB win, it spawned a sect of sad, little, mental, out-of-work FEMA trolls who lurk here posing as Falcons fans.

It's been years since that day and it's sad they're still here.

BOOM!

I know you're always trying to troll but that statement was more idiotic than the rest. Atlanta vs NOLA has been going on since the beginning of both teams. I know it had already been revoked but you seriously just lost your Fan card.

BOOM!

No one said there wasn't a rivalry because we were on equal levels at that time. We're talking about hate, not rivalry. We hated the 49ers and Bucs more until our rival - Saints - became more successful than us.

Edited by Mr. Right

Being a somewhat "newer" Falcons fan, I never really paid much attention to the Saints nor understood why the older fans hated them so much. Then that Katrina Bowl fiasco went down in 2006 and suddenly I understood. It was the world against the Falcons that day and there was NO WAY we'd be able to win. Now here it is in 2013 and the NFL scheduled the Falcons for YET ANOTHER Saints redemption game! Gimme a break!

Then there's the Saints fans that like to rub it in our face that they're something like 11-3 against us since 2006, which isn't fair because Ryan/Smith/Dimitroff weren't here yet (7-3 sounds better at least). They throw the 09 Super Bowl in our faces like they're God's gift to the world when it fact IT was gift to THEM. Get over yourselves, you were nothing before 2009, so don't act like you're such a superior team. At the end of the day after all the recent so-called "domination" Falcons still lead head-to-head 49-41, but telling Saints fans that will only yield a blank stare. Bandwagoners.

Edited by MisterC89

No one said there wasn't a rivalry because we were on equal levels at that time. We're talking about hate, not rivalry. We hated the 49ers and Bucs more until our rival - Saints - became more successful than us.

So the falcons hated a non division team more then a divisional rival before 2009??? Lol

Please just stfu you sound stupid so stupid right now lol