Julio Jones # 26

Dusty

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Julio has an overall talent level unmatched by anyway in the NFL(Save Calvin). Im not being a homer, I am just saying raw talent and ability. He can do it all. He isnt AS good at some things as other WRs, but CJ may be the only other WR I can name that can do everything at an elite level.

Speed

Leaping

Catching

YAC

Catch in Traffic

Strength(If you ever watched him at Bama you know what Im talking about)

I just dont see any kind of weakness in his game from a talent standpoint.

(side note: Wes Durham and Dave Archer have GOT TO BE the best duo in broadcasting today)

http://www.nfl.com/t...ap2000000210554

Everyone thinks their hometown guys are the best, but Wes and Dave are very average. I've listened to them too many times and heard little to no description of what's going on. The game against KC this past year was one of the worst games I've ever heard. I had no idea what was going on at all times. I listened to the crowds reaction, not them. However, they'll have really good games too, like against the Saints.

I've listened to almost everyone because I have Sirius at work. Kevin Harlan (he does MNF, nationally I think. He might do Jets games, I don't know because I hate the Jets), is by far the best play-by-play radio guy. He paints a perfect image of what's happening. He makes you feel like you're sitting front row. He crams so much atmosphere before the snap and words it so perfectly that you almost salivate. During the play you can close your eyes and it's like you're watching the game on TV.

As for local guys, Bob Papa is top of the line. He does NYG games and I believe he's been getting national attention. The Ravens have a good team too. The Redskins team is pretty bad. Probably the biggest homers on radio and Doc Walker is ALWAYS jumping calls. Also, I find western teams aren't that good, Arizona, Oakland, San Diego are all pretty dull and listless.

Gonna be BS to see AJ GReen above Julio and RG3 above Ryan......

I'm okay with A.J. being above Julio. It's hard to say either guy is better than the other. Been pretty even so far in their careers.

As for RGIII... That speaks to the knee-jerk reactions that people have about guys who are just coming into the league. After Ryan's rookie year, a lot of people wanted to call him top-5, even though he had a lot still to learn. Now that he really is in that top 5 or 6 group, people don't care much anymore, and tend to rate guys like RG3, Russell Wilson, and Kaep above him.

Maybe those guys end up being better? But personally, I'm bracing for the Mark Sanchez trajectory. Once their run games and defenses get old and dissolve, they'll be relegated to 6-10 records.

As far as stats I don't think he can match what megatron did but as far as being overall better I believe Julio can be as long as #2 is under center & this team stays in the direction were in. Mark my words in 2-3 yrs he will be the best wr in the league & in the argument for best ever parring something catastrophic happening (knocks on wood)

As far as stats I don't think he can match what megatron did but as far as being overall better I believe Julio can be as long as #2 is under center & this team stays in the direction were in. Mark my words in 2-3 yrs he will be the best wr in the league & in the argument for best ever parring something catastrophic happening (knocks on wood)

Let's not get too carried away. It's possible he will surpass AJ and be the best of his generation if he can somehow surpass Calvin. His blend of speed, strength, soft hands and explosive leaping ability sets an uncommonly high ceiling for Julio. That being said, Rice is widely regarded as the best player of all-time, regardless of position. His receiving records are Gretzky-esque and as such appear unattainable. So let's enjoy his career while it unfolds. If he puts up staggering numbers for 10-12 straight years and we hoist a few Lombardi's, we can then revisit this topic.

Let's not get too carried away. It's possible he will surpass AJ and be the best of his generation if he can somehow surpass Calvin. His blend of speed, strength, soft hands and explosive leaping ability sets an uncommonly high ceiling for Julio. That being said, Rice is widely regarded as the best player of all-time, regardless of position. His receiving records are Gretzky-esque and as such appear unattainable. So let's enjoy his career while it unfolds. If he puts up staggering numbers for 10-12 straight years and we hoist a few Lombardi's, we can then revisit this topic.

You take your logic and shove it up your arse!

This is Julio lovin time!

Not even a popularity contest. This makes MLB All Star voting look scientific and unbiased.

MLB all star voting is scientific. San Fran somehow always gets all the votes, and then the rest of the league splits the remaining lol.

It is a joke. I do wonder if San Fran cheats somehow. They are one of the technology capitals of the country. Im sure someone in that town can hack MLBs system.

MLB all star voting is scientific. San Fran somehow always gets all the votes, and then the rest of the league splits the remaining lol.

It is a joke. I do wonder if San Fran cheats somehow. They are one of the technology capitals of the country. Im sure someone in that town can hack MLBs system.

Mets trying to get David Wright some votes through a cougar dating site.

Jerry averaged 75 1/2 yards a game. That stat alone isnt completely unachievable. The point where it becomes Gretsky-ish is when you realize this was over 20 seasons! HOT ****.

Julio is averaging 74 yards a game so far, so he is on pace.....if he can keep it up for 18 years!....

To catch up Julio has to average 1,152 yards a season. Even if Julio plays an amazing 16 years he would have to average 1500 yards a season to catch up.

Da-mn you Jerry Rice!