It's Time To Legalize Weed In America

It's long past time to legalize weed in this country. It's really stupid that we think we are accomplishing anything by keeping it illegal.

You want to drug test for hiring and/or fire people who smoke marijuana? No problem. Crack down on DUI of marijuana? Knock yourself out. Act more harshly toward parents accused of neglect if they were smoking weed at the time of the neglect? Absolutely. But keeping a natural substance illegal when we have pill mills peddling much more dangerous synthetic drugs like candy is stupid. It fills our prisons and makes stupid people feel safer, but the simple fact is that marijuana prohibition is useless. Legalize it today.

It's long past time to legalize weed in this country. It's really stupid that we think we are accomplishing anything by keeping it illegal.

You want to drug test for hiring and/or fire people who smoke marijuana? No problem. Crack down on DUI of marijuana? Knock yourself out. Act more harshly toward parents accused of neglect if they were smoking weed at the time of the neglect? Absolutely. But keeping a natural substance illegal when we have pill mills peddling much more dangerous synthetic drugs like candy is stupid. It fills our prisons and makes stupid people feel safer, but the simple fact is that marijuana prohibition is useless. Legalize it today.

How many drugs do they advertise on TV that cause death... Make you more depressed/sucidal... Anal leakage... But smoking weed is bad... It's madness!

Considering that mariuana prohibition laws were instituted for racist reasons is even more reason to repeal the legislation...

Round of applause and standing ovation . . . .!!!!

Have you been sober around a person that smoked pot? They are not nearly as smart as they sound when you are high too...

Haha yeah I know exactly what you mean. I used to be a huge stoner before I was forced to quit, but even then I think I had smarter ideas than this...just saying.

But yeah pot should be legal in my opinion. Hemp would also save trees as well. About an acre of hemp provides more paper than over ten acres of forest.

I would add that it exacerbates an adversarial relationship between law enforcement and the population. We need to eliminate some of the interactions between law enforcement and average people in this country.

It makes people lazy and makes them eat a lot. Consistently smoking weed is not a smart thing to do for your budget(spending it on the drug, as well as all the food money for when your high), or if you want to get anything done. Overtime, it likely ****s with your brain alot.........These are reasons I do not smoke it, reasons that are nowhere near anything to make it illegal....People focus on the wrong things here, thinking we need to come up with all these ways it benefits the economy and other things. Here's the bottom line, the one thing that alone should make it legal...it is a person's choice whether or not to do the drug. If you want to live with the consequences, it is your problem. Darwinism to an extent, should always be present.

These 3 points are great examples of how stupid the arguments made in favor of making it illegal are. So many things would get solved easier, if people would just think about how valid the issues relating to things really are, and how much of an impact they really make. There are simple solutions to a lot of things that so many overlook. Every "concern" that arises from it being legal is really null and void, all you have to look at is alcohol....There will be no "I was high when I did it" defense in court, because there is no "I was drunk when I did it" defense....Driving while intoxicated is illegal, driving while high also can be, that does not change when it becomes legal. Parents who neglect kids under the influence of alcohol are punished, as will parents who do so while high...You can fire someone for coming to work drunk, there will be no "unfair practices" for firing someone for coming into work high. Those concerned about kids using it, well there's a drinking age and a tobacco age.....................It is absolutely ridiculous to lock someone up in jail just for smoking, or even selling weed. Enough with the "moral outrage of people actually being included in the law. We are a free society, which means people live how they want to. You live your way, others live theirs.

I was indifferent, but I have worked in Seattle the past couple of weeks and now I can say I really don't think that should be legal. You can tell it brings that city down

but had you been to seattle before that? That place is always like that. **** it rains 3/4 of the year and they all listen to grunge. They are known for being that way

Edited by Ryan2JulioTD

idvo1x.jpg