If Matt Ryan Pulled A Jim Brown And Retired In His Prime How Would You Feel?

nycfalcon

A lot of ppl here say they want another QB. What if Matty Ice said he was hanging it up after training camp ala Jordan, Jim Brown or Barry Sanders because he wanted to pursue other passions or spend more time with his family? People lose passion for their jobs all the time. They say you don't miss a good thing til it's gone. I wonder how his haters would feel?

I personally would choose the word : Flabergasted

Side note: it's the offseason.

Ryan has to find god like Glen Coffee did for Niners, retiring in his second season. I don't see that happening unless he hangs out with Tim Tebow. Or other possibility is retire like Rolando McClain, but thats tough too. Five years in the NFL for a QB is not even 1/3rd of their career.

I actually think the younger QBs will have longer careers than previously average. I easily see guys like Ryan and Flacco staying on longer, several years longer than guys like Peyton . Well the pocket passers at least. The mobile guys will have much shorter than average obviously.

A lot of ppl here say they want another QB. What if Matty Ice said he was hanging it up after training camp ala Jordan, Jim Brown or Barry Sanders because he wanted to pursue other passions or spend more time with his family? People lose passion for their jobs all the time. They say you don't miss a good thing til it's gone. I wonder how his haters would feel?

I personally would choose the word : Flabergasted

Side note: it's the offseason.

well e doesn't have any kids so I don't see why he would do that

So was Sanders, Tiki, and Brown. It's irrelevant though because all of those guys were running backs. Can anybody think of a productive starting QB who retired early not because of an injury? I can't off the top of my head. And no, Joey Harrington doesn't count.

Kurt Kitner for the mfing win

I actually think the younger QBs will have longer careers than previously average. I easily see guys like Ryan and Flacco staying on longer, several years longer than guys like Peyton . Well the pocket passers at least. The mobile guys will have much shorter than average obviously.

It is amazing how fast 5 years goes by.

I think a lot of people are taking advantage this "it's the offseason" excuse in order to make meaningless threads.

It is called "The Off Season Blues" get used to it.

Well, I'm a gonna raise a fuss, I'm a gonna raise a holler

I've been working all summer just to try and earn a dollar

Well, I went to the boss, said I got a date,, The boss said "No Dice, son, you gotta work late"

Sometimes I wonder, what am I gonna do

There ain't no cure for the summertime blues

Well, my mom and poppa told me, "Son you gotta earn some money

If you want to use the car to go out next Sunday" Well, I didn't go to work, I told the boss I was sick He said "You can't use the car 'cause you didn't work a lick"

Sometimes I wonder, what am I gonna do There ain't no cure for the summertime blues

Gonna take two weeks, gonna have a fine vacation Gonna take my problems to the United Nations Well, I went to my congressman, he said, quote "I'd like to help you son but you're too young to vote"

Sometimes I wonder, what am I gonna do There ain't no cure for the summertime blues

Maybe we could rewrite the lyrics,,,,,,,,,