Victor Butler Tears Acl?

cnasty

Guest Masbinacci

It's a blow to the Saints D for 2013. Butler was signed and penciled in to start at OLB in the new 3-4. Young player sitting behind D-Ware in Dallas with relatively few starts who the Saints saw as an upcoming NFL player.

I did not know he was penciled in for that spot.

Man this does sink

It's a blow to the Saints D for 2013. Butler was signed and penciled in to start at OLB in the new 3-4. Young player sitting behind D-Ware in Dallas with relatively few starts who the Saints saw as an upcoming NFL player.

yeah thats a big blow. Assumed starter at SOLB . YIKES

Tez Wilson was the guy battling with him so it looks like Tez gets his shot as of right now.

Guest Masbinacci

yeah thats a big blow. Assumed starter at SOLB . YIKES

Tez Wilson was the guy battling with him so it looks like Tez gets his shot as of right now.

Vilma and lofton together..... Can only be better.

This injury is not a omg we go 0-16. But it does have a little hit on a guy who can play 3-4

Vilma and lofton together..... Can only be better.

This injury is not a omg we go 0-16. But it does have a little hit on a guy who can play 3-4

Correct. Its not a season killer. I just wanted to see him get a chance to start and see what he could do.

We have Wilson & Thomas behind him and neither have any NFL exp at SOLB in a 34. Thomas was a very solid college player though

That is a huge blow!

That sucks, hate to see anybody hurt.

Out of the guys they mentioned in that article, Butler was THE guy in New Orleans at the "Jack" position. It remains to be seen what the other guys do there. "Jack" is a primary pass rush position.

That article seems off. Everything out of OTAs had Butler at SAM not Jack

In Dallas, He backed up Spencer at SAM moreso than Ware at the JAck position

Well that sure sucks the big one!!!

Pretty sure Ryan was expecting good things from Butler this year,especially considering that he already knows the defense and he was DWare's understudy for a couple of years.

I think this was a big loss.

Disappointing for him. This was his turn to stay on the field and make a name for himself.

The team was throwing a lot of darts at the board looking for pass rushers. With this loss, they may sign another vet, but Butler had the buzz and upside

I doubt they go after another vet. Still got 3 on roster. I think 1 of them will get the nod. But Butler when he does get healthy will probably take the starting job back.

I doubt they go after another vet. Still got 3 on roster. I think 1 of them will get the nod. But Butler when he does get healthy will probably take the starting job back.

I dont know man. I think his contract has a player option in year 2. He may walk after this season

I dont see any vets worth it right now.

Maybe some Cuts later will bring a vet along but I see them staying with what they have

Even so, they got him there this year. If he likes the org and treat him right he may give them first run at keeping him. Unless someone really fills in good, Loomis will probably make a fair attempt to keep him unless they go and draft someone.