Rank The Nfc South

jdawg4876

just for fun rank what you think the final placement of all four teams will be at the end of the season.

4. panthers- while I love what their building with their defense especially along the d line and lbs, I dont think they have done much with the offense and I dont trust cam newton, until he proves he can win when the pressure is on his stats dont matter to me. its not all his fault he had a stop gap te in greg olson and they didnt run the ball enough, and only one true wr threat. I see them going 8-8 at best

3 saints- I know this might shock some but I see them down treading even with payton back. they got a new dc and a good one in a ryan brother but I dont think he has good enough pieces. the once mighty saints o line has falling apart and the only weapon I truly fear is jimmy. they still got drew brees who is a game changer, but I dont know if its enough anymore. I see them going 9-7 to 10-6 at best

2. the bucs- I have loved what this team has done the past two offseasons. they have quietly drafted great and brought in great free agents. Im not sure about gracino sp as a hc, but doug martin is a beast. they have a really good o line, and two top notch wrs, to now go along with two really good dbs. the only x factor I truly see is josh freeman, bc he is out of excuses he is either a starting qb or not and its this yr we find out. either way I see them going 10-6 or 11-5 and making the playoffs.

1. falcons- of course I got them at number one. I think we have a top tier qb and HC and OC and DC. I think we def upgraded the rb spot, and all other weapons have returned. I also think this might have been TDs best offseason since 08 when we got matt, turner, and sam baker. the only question mark I now have that I didnt have before this offseason is o line. (even if we kept abe I still would have questions about the d line and lb spots this off season). I truly believe jackson will help us close out games and keep chains moving even behind a sub par o line. 12-4 nfc south champs

what do you guys think right now????

Edited by jdawg4876

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jdawg i would put my 2 cents in but i would be repeating a lot of your post. i agree with the order and most of the comments you made. Good Post

thanks yeah I would go as far as to say both the last two off seasons the bucs were in the top two to 5 team as far as outcome. I also think TD this offseason was a top 5 picker between draft and FA, and if he does get richard its a slam dunk

I dont think enough folks have paid attention to what the bucs bee ndoing but oh well

I know the bucs have made some nice moves but they are NOT good enough (imo) to beat out the falcons or aints for the top 2 spots.

The Panthers have also made some nice moves and they went on a tear at the end of the year. If they continue the way the finished the bucs aren't beating them out either.

Somebody has to be last and the bucs aren't as good as the other nfcs teams

I see a 8-8 season for the bucs maybe 9-7.

Edited by BrandonDell_

see we agree, so you dont really see the saints improving either

While I see Payton giving them another win , maybe two , I don't see him as a wizard who can magically fix the defense. I definitely don't think Rob Ryan can do it. Taking a bad defense and giving them a whole new scheme to learn and their 3rd DC in 3yrs doesn't make me think improvement either.

Brees will win games no matter what. It is all on their defense now really.

As far as the Bucs go I think they'll look pretty good , but it is all on Freeman as to how good.

The Panthers are the Panthers and until I see it I won't believe they are more that what they've been.

While I see Payton giving them another win , maybe two , I don't see him as a wizard who can magically fix the defense. I definitely don't think Rob Ryan can do it. Taking a bad defense and giving them a whole new scheme to learn and their 3rd DC in 3yrs doesn't make me think improvement either.

As far as the Bucs go I think they'll look pretty good , but it is all on Freeman as to how good.

The Panthers are the Panthers and until I see it I won't believe they are more that what they've been.

amen but I disagree its all on freeman, bc doug martin i think can be like peterson is for the vikings and take a lot of the load off of freeman and is one of the main reasons I picked them over the saints

I know the bucs have made some nice moves but they are NOT good enough (imo) to beat out the falcons or aints for the top 2 spots.

The Panthers have also made some nice moves and they went on a tear at the end of the year. If they continue the way the finished the bucs aren't beating them out either.

Somebody has to be last and the bucs aren't as good as the other nfcs teams

I see a 8-8 season for the bucs maybe 9-7.

I agree the panthers went on a tear when it didnt matter, like I said I dont care about cams stats he has to perform when the pressure is on, and even in his rookie season they never won win the pressure was on

I was sold on Bucs last year, but till they have Freeman, it probably won't matter. He is too inconsistent and doesn't show up every week.

I was sold on Bucs last year, but till they have Freeman, it probably won't matter. He is too inconsistent and doesn't show up every week.

I agree but the bucs are like the jets a couple of yrs ago. I mean I know the jets are a running joke now bc of tebow and sanchez but lets not forget they went to two afc championship games in 5 yrs and its bc of a great defense and good run game. I can see the bucs doing one better by not only being a great defense but also have a great run game, and freeman only has to be like mark a couple of yrs ago and not turn the ball over, aka a "game manager."

amen but I disagree its all on freeman, bc doug martin i think can be like peterson is for the vikings and take a lot of the load off of freeman and is one of the main reasons I picked them over the saints

What I mean is it is all on Freeman as to how far they go. Relying on Martin is fine and well but if Freeman screws the pooch none of that matters.

What I mean is it is all on Freeman as to how far they go. Relying on Martin is fine and well but if Freeman screws the pooch none of that matters.

I think he can play at the mark sanchez level a couple of yrs ago and game manager their way into a wildcard spot

I agree but the bucs are like the jets a couple of yrs ago. I mean I know the jets are a running joke now bc of tebow and sanchez but lets not forget they went to two afc championship games in 5 yrs and its bc of a great defense and good run game. I can see the bucs doing one better by not only being a great defense but also have a great run game, and freeman only has to be like mark a couple of yrs ago and not turn the ball over, aka a "game manager."

Bucs defense is no where near to what jets defense was, adding Revis is nice but not exactly makes them a top 10 defense. They were one of the worst defenses last year. They might get better but we will see if its good enough.

Guest King Jigsaw

I disagree with you Brandon. I think the Bucs will be the number 2 team this year in the NFCSouth. I don't think getting Payton back will fix all of NO's problems. And Carolina.. Well.. Yeah.

1. Falcons

2. Bucs

3. Saints

4. Panthers

Bucs defense is no where near to what jets defense was, adding Revis is nice but not exactly makes them a top 10 defense. They were one of the worst defenses last year. They might get better but we will see if its good enough.

I know stat wise they werent the best but I watched a lot of their games and that defense in my opinion is def on the up swing plus just like a run game will help a struggling qb it will also help out the defense.

Freeman wouldn't be so bad if he was consistent. He is like Jekyll and hyde.

I don't think schiano is to high on Freeman either that's why they drafted a qb so early

I agree its def a make it or break it yr for freeman this yr, but if he is a game manager i see the bucs earning a wild card spot as the nfc west beats the crap out of each other.