Where To Sit In The Dome?

AustFalcon

I am coming to Atlanta in December from Australia. It might be the only time in my life I watch the Falcons live, so I want it to be memorable!

I know sitting up higher gives you a better view of the game, but because it is a one off, I am thinking of sitting as close to the Falcons sideline as possible and take a bunch of photos to look back on.

Some of the tickets I have seen are in Row 2 of Section 112, in about Row 10 of section 115, or in the front row of Section 218 on the first tier. Has anyone sat in these places and tell me what they are like?

Or should I wait for the single game tickets to be released and see what I can get?

I have never been to the dome, but personally I refuse to go to sporting events and sit way up high. I can't stand it. I would much rather sit close to the field as I can.

To be honest I would rather watch it at home then to sit up in the nosebleeds. So basically what I am saying is if you live that far away.. make it count get close seats.

Edited by RYNE

Hardly any bad seats. Personally I like sitting higher so I can see the whole field and watch the play develop. When I sit close, it's hard to tell everything that's going on. If you're going to sit close, sit near the 50 yard line, but there's nothing wrong with the 300s either IMO.

I am coming to Atlanta in December from Australia. It might be the only time in my life I watch the Falcons live, so I want it to be memorable!

I know sitting up higher gives you a better view of the game, but because it is a one off, I am thinking of sitting as close to the Falcons sideline as possible and take a bunch of photos to look back on.

Some of the tickets I have seen are in Row 2 of Section 112, in about Row 10 of section 115, or in the front row of Section 218 on the first tier. Has anyone sat in these places and tell me what they are like?

Or should I wait for the single game tickets to be released and see what I can get?

115 is dead center behind the Falcons bench and row 10 is great. You can see the action on all sides of the field. Actually, you can see clearly on all sides of the field from section 113 through 118 on the Falcons side and 133 through 137 on the opponents side of the field.

I sat in 117 row 7 on the aisle next to section 116 for a couple of years and I can tell you the view is fabulous.

I only moved back to 123 because of the fans there. The fans in 117 are not quite as roudy as the group over in 123. I love the fans in 123 - love the interaction with the players - the view is great - the experience off the charts! The downside there is that when they are on the other side of the field - you can't see them up close like when they are on your side - you may need to watch the big screen - which is huge and easy to see from that section.

122 and 123 are the sections by the tunnel where the Falcons enter and exit the field. Regardless of where you sit - get in the stadium early and make your way over to the tunnel. If you are in early enough, the players will stop to chat occasionally and will sign autographs for you.

As far as view - the section 115 is going to be the best, but honestly, there aren't too many bad view seats in the stadium. The lower level feels extremely close to the field no matter where you sit.

Row 2 section 112 would also be excellent seats - I haven't personally sat there - but I've been on the other side of that - closer to the tunnel.

Section 112 is closer to the tunnel the opponents exit from. That is also the side of the field where the opponents work out before the game. The Falcons work out on the side where their entrance tunnel is located.

Enjoy the game - and be sure to get there early enough to take in some tailgating - it is off the chain before the games. Stop by Falcons Landing as well - always a lot going on up there - including music, give aways, games and activities - food and drink.

my only suggestion is stay out of the end zone -- that's were a lot of Jr. high school free ticket guests sit and it's nearly impossible to see any of the game or the megatron (because of them). Also usually a lot of opponent fans-- many of whom are rude.

I have held season tickets on the lower level in the corner above the tunnel for 7 years and I love it there.

You get the excitement of the closeness to the action, plus the angle is just right so you can actually see everything that's happening (most of the time). And the Jumbotron is right off of your shoulder, so a quick 30-45 degree turn and you can comfortably watch the plays taking place on the other end of the field.

I already know I'm going to re-watch the games anyway so I don't care too much about missing things. Gamedays are about the experience, and spending time with my DVR later is when I can seriously get into the football.

Guest Masbinacci

50 yard line in he higher rows is my favorite. Love being able to actually watch the entire game from my seat rather than having to watch the monitor half the time to see what is going on at the other end of the field.

Agreed

I Love my row 5 in the 300 section on the 50