Sean Weatherspoon 2012 Highlights

atljbo

This is why I love Spoon, he plays with power. Willy Mo too. If Spoon can miss less tackles next season then I'll have no complaints.

Yup... Watching the games again over the last couple of weekend.. I have no idea why some act like the man had a bad year.... He miss some tackles (and sacks) also because at time he plays to aggressive... Dude could be a 6 sack a year 4-3 LB if he can become more incontrol of his aggressiveness/speed

Yup... Watching the games again over the last couple of weekend.. I have no idea why some act like the man had a bad year.... He miss some tackles (and sacks) also because at time he plays to aggressive... Dude could be a 6 sack a year 4-3 LB if he can become more incontrol of his aggressiveness/speed

Agreed. I notice that he ends up having to arm tackle a lot due to his power, resulting in missed tackles. Hopefully he keeps working on that. But the guy is our best LB by far, and I'm glad he's a Falcon.

He had a great year, just didn't quite live up to the hype. I think it was just the new system, and the injury. I think he'll play quicker and faster this year with another year in Nolan's system under his belt.

Off topic a little but in the WillyMo clip, the Raiders use a 7 man protection with #20 leaking out late. We rush 4 and understandably dont get the sack, Dent steps up to pick up the leak out of #20. How is it that with 6 remaining defenders in coverage against only three Oakland recievers did Thomas get so wide open in the first place?

I know there was big debate in a thread last night about sacks vs coverage etc... Well on this particular play the coverage has to hold up I think and be in better position to make a play on the ball in air, no reciever should be running that free. Dunta was the main guilty party here but maybe Willymo should have been in a closer position to break up the pass instead of a big hit after a catch. This is a weakness that reared its ugly head in the playoffs, there is too much separation in front of our safeties imo, thoughts?

He had a great year, just didn't quite live up to the hype. I think it was just the new system, and the injury. I think he'll play quicker and faster this year with another year in Nolan's system under his belt.

I think he was living up to it pretty well until the injury. Missed a month and came back probably about 80%. He was having a pro bowl season up until the injury.

lol this guy is so average its not even funny. Curtis lofton was your only good LB.

Bucs - Lavonte David

Saints - Curtis Lofton

Panther - Luke Kuechlylkyyylyey

Falcons - lol sad

This statement is hilarious, and its not just you, every single Falcon hater i know didnt give two SHlTs about Curtis Lofton until he was a Saint and now all of a sudden he was this playmaking linebacker that our defense was built around lol, you haters are so simple its scary

Off topic a little but in the WillyMo clip, the Raiders use a 7 man protection with #20 leaking out late. We rush 4 and understandably dont get the sack, Dent steps up to pick up the leak out of #20. How is it that with 6 remaining defenders in coverage against only three Oakland recievers did Thomas get so wide open in the first place?

I know there was big debate in a thread last night about sacks vs coverage etc... Well on this particular play the coverage has to hold up I think and be in better position to make a play on the ball in air, no reciever should be running that free. Dunta was the main guilty party here but maybe Willymo should have been in a closer position to break up the pass instead of a big hit after a catch. This is a weakness that reared its ugly head in the playoffs, there is too much separation in front of our safeties imo, thoughts?

I talk about the Mike Smith prevent defense every chance I get. This is what this guy does in second halves of games especially with a lead. Bend don't break or don't let anyone get behind you pop warner league defense.

It has gotten to the point where it feels like this board in general has labeled Spoon's 2012 season a failure. At least thats how it feels. I think his lack of success has been greatly exaggerated.

I think its more of a case that we thought he was going to be Derrick Brooks all of a sudden. He's great, just didn't live up to the hype yet. That's not all on him. Tacking was just bad in a lot of games last year.

I talk about the Mike Smith prevent defense every chance I get. This is what this guy does in second halves of games especially with a lead. Bend don't break or don't let anyone get behind you pop warner league defense.

You mean Moore was so open

Its called a zone D..... If the QB has enough time... There will be an opening Thats how Dunte Robinson caught 2 eagles WR slippin ...

This is part of why im glad we have Trufant, Alford, and McClain.... We can play more man coverage D in the future... ... Our zone D seems to have to many breakdowns at key moments

Nolan will blitz spoon more this year I think 6+ sacks if not more for Spoon.

The key here to me is letting him roam give him a free license this will give him the ability to make more play's.

Great Video !!! I like Spoon A lot he brings flavor and newness to our D .... I did see some critical errors in the videos ..... 1st problem is tackling we obvious have a problem wraping up .... In the video I see someone make initial contact then Spoon comes and makes the tackle if we wrap up on the first hit that would solve a lot ....2nd we have to run man more ... I know Samuel is a seasoned zone player but I dont think these new CB's will benefit from zone .... but if we do run zone or man we have to get to the QB .... Thats our #1 problem getting to the QB and getting him down on the turf ... But go Falcons

My thoughts on this are Willy Mo is not the best in coverage and has weaknesses to it. But this is absolutely part of the reason he is such a playmaker. He has outstanding recovery and can hit so hard that he can still cover a very large portion of the field and force turnovers. Perhaps if he was lockdown in coverage he would not be in the play as much. I think this is something that cannot be complained about because his playing style can amazingly complement a deficiency. Yes he would be better if he was perfect but that's not the argument.

Other than that, Our secondary is going to be incredibly scary now that the offenses don't have their receivers running away from drob's terrible coverage skills and no playmaking ability. Besides a few fumbles but I think his fumble injury ratio is about 1/1