For The People That Would Rather Have Stafford Than Ryan Eat Your Heart Out With This Stat

J-Wall

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don`t recall anybody claiming they wanted Stafford over Ryan.

The lions have a bad cap situation because Stafford, Megatron and Suh were all high draft picks in the last CBA. That means they all have huge cap eating contracts. The 3 of them are 40 mil of a 120 mil cap. Makes it hard to build a team around them.

Stafford is Jeff George without the attitude. Got a beautiful and powerful arm and can make every throw, but lacks some undefined intangible to uplift his team. He was like that at UGA as well

agree w/ this.....Stafford does not seem to consistently rise to the moment. He was AWOL at UGA in the most important games when they had the talent to win the National Championship.

Sounds alot like Murray, LOL ...

yeah, was hoping to see Murray win that BAMA game and go on to beat ND to change his perception among the UGA fans and national media - alas, more of the same.

Murray needs to RISE UP if Dawgs are going to have any hope of a National Championship or contention - its his team - good or bad.

yeah, was hoping to see Murray win that BAMA game and go on to beat ND to change his perception among the UGA fans and national media - alas, more of the same.

Murray needs to RISE UP if Dawgs are going to have any hope of a National Championship or contention - its his team - good or bad.

from watching Murray play (not a dawgs fan) go Broncos! He is nothing special.

Well, at least we were able to beat Florida despite his Ryan Leaf like performance LOL

Guest Masbinacci

i have heard numerous times on here people wanting stafford over Ryan I would guess probably 20 times I have.

agreed

Also nice find

To Stafford's credit here, the NFC North is a tough division...I mean, the Vikings, Bears, and Packers all post winning records (9-7 included) so that's between 3-6 losses a year since 2009.

And I have read posts mentioning they would take Stafford over Ryan due to his arm strength, ability to throw the deep ball, etc, etc.

SMH is all I do...

To Stafford's credit here, the NFC North is a tough division...I mean, the Vikings, Bears, and Packers all post winning records (9-7 included) so that's between 3-6 losses a year since 2009.

And I have read posts mentioning they would take Stafford over Ryan due to his arm strength, ability to throw the deep ball, etc, etc.

SMH is all I do...

another Ryan advantage over Stafford is health. Granted, Stafford has been relatively healthy the last two years but he seems to be a little more injury prone.

the "mental part" of the game is a big part of being a QB - both smarts and intangibles - and Matt Ryan dominates Matthew Stafford in this aspect.

To be fair, most QBs will fair better against teams with a losing or even record regardless. Teams with a winning record tend to be very good opponents - and most QBs are not Brady. Even Ryan has a career 53.6% win percentage against winning teams vs. 89.7% win percentage against losing teams. Against even teams, slightly better than winning teams at 54.5% and against playoff teams, he has a 50% win percent.

That being said, I really liked Stafford as a Bulldog, but thought he was a little fragile injury wise and came out a bit early for the draft. I think one more year at College would have benefited his NFL career immensely.

I will take MR any day of the week. But I am sure Det didn't think they drafted Stafford to beat all these teams by himeslf and a single WR.

fair enough that Lions only have Stafford and CJ on offense....Pettigrew(TE) was also a 1st rounder as well and some highly drafted running backs. They got Reggie Bush as well so excuses are about to run out.