Any Word On Kr/pr During Otas?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, you think Fair Catch Turkey Franks will return the Punts. Did you fell asleep from the draft day, how many times TD and MS said the same thing.

This team has a knack at putting the worse option available at KR/PR. I hope you are right but ill believe it when I see it

Just curious to know if we have used any of our new guys at KR/PR during drills? Im hoping Alford steps up and takes the job.

It is a very safe opinion to have that Alford all but wins it hands down. It will not be Fair Catch Franks again. Alford would have to literally break a leg.

*knock on wood.

If I recall correctly though there was a few things here and there that they are impressed with Alford's return skills. It is just so hard for anyone to actually come out and say something finite right now. They can't really even touch each other right now so STs practice is just for show.

If I recall correctly though there was a few things here and there that they are impressed with Alford's return skills. It is just so hard for anyone to actually come out and say something finite right now. They can't really even touch each other right now so STs practice is just for show.

True but I would guess they would still have to have someone out there with the starters during KR and PR duties. Just wondering if anybody knew if Alford was the guy doing it right now

How? Do you really think Frnks was our best option when he was returning them? Or Weems? The last return man I was happy with was Norwood and that was just the first year or two.

While Weems was a Falcon I believe he was the best option. He might not of been a to the house threat but he was very smart with his returns. Not to mention tough as can be.

How? Do you really think Frnks was our best option when he was returning them? Or Weems? The last return man I was happy with was Norwood and that was just the first year or two.

Weems was good, Franks was what Falcons had unless risk an injury to Douglas. Quizz returned the kick offs. Norwood was made of glass and got hurt on the first kick he returned in 2011. Other than Franks returning punts, I don't see how you can make a statement like that.

True but I would guess they would still have to have someone out there with the starters during KR and PR duties. Just wondering if anybody knew if Alford was the guy doing it right now

As far as I know? Yes , he is the guy right now. Don't quote me but in one of those many OTA articles last week they said something about Alford returning. Does that mean he was doing it there? I don't know.

While Weems was a Falcon I believe he was the best option. He might not of been a to the house threat but he was very smart with his returns. Not to mention tough as can be.

He took few to the house. Weems was only player in NFC to return both a kick off and Punt for Td in 2010. He got paid more by Bears last year and left in FA.

Weems was good, Franks was what Falcons had unless risk an injury to Douglas. Quizz returned the kick offs. Norwood was made of glass and got hurt on the first kick he returned in 2011. Other than Franks returning punts, I don't see how you can make a statement like that.

Weems was good when he chose to return them. I cant count the number of times he would let the ball bounce and land inside the 10 to give us an extremely long field.

As far as I know? Yes , he is the guy right now. Don't quote me but in one of those many OTA articles last week they said something about Alford returning. Does that mean he was doing it there? I don't know.

Cool. Thanks for the info

Weems was good when he chose to return them. I cant count the number of times he would let the ball bounce and land inside the 10 to give us an extremely long field.

Cool. Thanks for the info

He returned more than what Norwood did, the coaching staff instruct players when to return and when not to return. Ever listened to interviews of ST coordinator? Players need to be smart about when to return and when not to return.

He returned more than what Norwood did, the coaching staff instruct players when to return and when not to return. Ever listened to interviews of ST coordinator? Players need to be smart about when to return and when not to return.

I understand that but Weems was not always smart about it. He let ALOT bounce when there was no one within 10 yards of him. Either way I got the answer I was looking for. Thanks

I understand that but Weems was not always smart about it. He let ALOT bounce when there was no one within 10 yards of him. Either way I got the answer I was looking for. Thanks

Weems might as well of been Einstein when we are discussing Franks.

Weems might as well of been Einstein when we are discussing Franks.

True. Franks was beyond terrible but I wasn't too impressed with Weems either. Hopefully Alford wins the job and gives us good field position on a regular basis. If not, it sounds like the Giants will have 0 wrs playing for them this year so maybe we can pick up Cruz on the cheap and try him out lol

I guess OP confused franks letting the ball bounce with Weems.

No I did not. Weems did it a lot. **** there were weekly posts on here about it when Weems was the return guy. Yes Franks was worse at it but that doesn't make Weems great at it. He was just a little better by comparison.

True. Franks was beyond terrible but I wasn't too impressed with Weems either. Hopefully Alford wins the job and gives us good field position on a regular basis. If not, it sounds like the Giants will have 0 wrs playing for them this year so maybe we can pick up Cruz on the cheap and try him out lol

I am not a big stat guy but if you look at the history of the Falcons returners Weem's is one of the best we ever had.