Steelers Making Noise About Tebow

SaintRay

Seems a few of the Steeler players are talking up Tebow.

Wonder what's up with that?

-----------------------------

Players on the Steelers’ defense still think Tim Tebow can play

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 8, 2013, 6:57 PM EDT

If anyone in the NFL still believes in Tim Tebow, it would be the players on the defense that got shredded by Tebow in the playoffs after the 2011 season.

So it shouldn’t be surprising that multiple players on the Steelers’ defense told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that they still think Tebow can succeed in the NFL.

“He won some games, had some success,” Steelers linebacker Larry Foote said. “We know it first-hand. I think he should be somewhere at least competing for a job. I think he’s earned that.”

Tebow threw for 316 yards, with two touchdowns and no interceptions, when his Broncos beat the Steelers on January 8, 2012. One of the Pittsburgh defensive backs who was burned by the Broncos’ passing game that day, Ike Taylor, continues to think Tebow can compete, even though there don’t appear to be any NFL coaches or general managers who agree.

“Tim Tebow is real decent,” Taylor said. “But [his future] isn’t up to me. You gotta ask the owners and coaches and GMs. As far as being a competitor, he’s one of the best competitors I’ve seen.”

Steelers defensive lineman Brett Keisel also still believes Tebow can play.

“He beat us. You have to give him credit for that,” Keisel said. “I think he’ll get another shot.”

Tebow getting another shot seems like a long shot. But Tebow leading the Broncos to a playoff win over the Steelers once seemed like a long shot, too.

I believe if Tebow would drop the need to be a QB, he'd be good 2nd or 3rd back, contributing especially inside the 20. He could run sweeps with options to pass. He would put defenses in a tough spot. Just like the spot players have enjoyed success (Sproles, Harvin, etc) Tebow could offer a similar package of effective plays to a team.

The problem with Tebow is the press he gets and that can become a club distraction.

Guest Masbinacci

Bump... I'm bumping any post that is football talk an not drama.

One way to quit the drama, is to stop caring and replying to it. Let these fools talk among their self and stay out of it. (they eventually die off)

That's my two cents. Now enjoy all the football bumps.

What???? Why did i not see this... Wait don't answer that.

Wow. I hope he does go to them

Guest Masbinacci

People Gave tebow the starts.... Tebow is a good back up.

And people don't need to think a back up, should be just as good as the starter. You need a good qb who can pull out wins, yet you don't have to pay him a lot.

I believe if Tebow would drop the need to be a QB, he'd be good 2nd or 3rd back, contributing especially inside the 20. He could run sweeps with options to pass. He would put defenses in a tough spot. Just like the spot players have enjoyed success (Sproles, Harvin, etc) Tebow could offer a similar package of effective plays to a team.

The problem with Tebow is the press he gets and that can become a club distraction.

THE THING MIGHT WORK OUT. IN THE DISTRACTION DEPARTMENT, TEBOW CAN'T BRING ANYMORE THAN BEN HAS BROUGHT. TEBOW MIGHT FIT RIGHT IN THERE. I KNOW IT WOULD BE THE RIGHT COACH FOR HIM. I LIKE TEBOW, I HOPE HE LANDS SOME WHERE.

Yeah owners dont wanna deal with the constant Teebow QB questions if he is used in anyway thats not starting QB.

But ability wise he is good enough to get a job. But media distraction wise... no team wants to deal with that. Not to mention if he is your back up and your starter goes down. Then Teebow comes in and wins the game. The you have the rebirth of teebowing 2.0 back with everyone in the stadium doing some weird pose.

Bump... I'm bumping any post that is football talk an not drama.

One way to quit the drama, is to stop caring and replying to it. Let these fools talk among their self and stay out of it. (they eventually die off)

EXACTLY! THIS IS WHAT I'M DOING.