Revis Will Be Ready Week 1...according To Dominick

jb 3.0

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/08/bucs-have-no-doubt-revis-will-be-ready-to-play-the-jets-in-week-1/

Although Buccaneers cornerback Darrelle Revis has not been cleared to practice, nine months after suffering a torn ACL, the team says there is no doubt at all that he’ll be good to go for the start of the regular season.

Bucs General Manager Mark Dominik said on Pro Football Talk shortly after the trade that he was confident Revis would be good to go, and he said on NFL Network on Friday that he’s positive Revis will be able to play against his former team in the opener.

“Fully confident,” Dominik said. “He’s in great shape right now, he’s running full speed, he’s cutting, he’s doing all the things we want him to do from a training standpoint, a rehabilitation standpoint.”

Dominik said the team may slow Revis down if necessary, but he should be good to go when training camp starts.

“We’re going to keep him at our pace,” Dominik said. “But the whole point is he’ll walk out there the first day of training camp, he’ll have pads on, and he’ll be ready for, hopefully, the Jets in Week One. We’re expecting that.”

Revis playing against his old team will be one of the major stories of the NFL’s opening Sunday.

http://profootballta...jets-in-week-1/

Although Buccaneers cornerback Darrelle Revis has not been cleared to practice, nine months after suffering a torn ACL, the team says there is no doubt at all that he’ll be good to go for the start of the regular season.

Bucs General Manager Mark Dominik said on Pro Football Talk shortly after the trade that he was confident Revis would be good to go, and he said on NFL Network on Friday that he’s positive Revis will be able to play against his former team in the opener.

“Fully confident,” Dominik said. “He’s in great shape right now, he’s running full speed, he’s cutting, he’s doing all the things we want him to do from a training standpoint, a rehabilitation standpoint.”

Dominik said the team may slow Revis down if necessary, but he should be good to go when training camp starts.

“We’re going to keep him at our pace,” Dominik said. “But the whole point is he’ll walk out there the first day of training camp, he’ll have pads on, and he’ll be ready for, hopefully, the Jets in Week One. We’re expecting that.”

Revis playing against his old team will be one of the major stories of the NFL’s opening Sunday.

Is this a Pro Bucs article!!!!??? JB, you know better than to post this, now I can't comment on it, I have to call you a delusional homer.

Is this a Pro Bucs article!!!!??? JB, you know better than to post this, now I can't comment on it, I have to call you a delusional homer.

I'm sure DD will believe so. I find it to be strictly informative though. I suppose some Falcon fans feel that ONLY Falcon article should be posted here, even though it is RIVAL Central.

Cant wait to see him in action. If healthy Tampa's defense could elevate into greatness. Should be fun to watch.

Possibly, but he's only one player. It seems though, he and Goldson are having quite an influence on Banks and our other young players in the secondary. If we're not much improved defensively, you're gonna see a lotta pissed off BUC fans. For some reason we're strictly interested in results....not how good we look.

I'd say so, yeah. But our D.L. still has to step up.

Agreed, but they were already pretty stout against the run, and they do have the personnel for a passrush, if those two things come together, then playing the Bucs this season won't be pleasent, at least on the defensive side of the ball anyway.

Possibly, but he's only one player. It seems though, he and Goldson are having quite an influence on Banks and our other young players in the secondary. If we're not much improved defensively, you're gonna see a lotta pissed off BUC fans. For some reason we're strictly interested in results....not how good we look.

As it stands i think the only thing holding the Bucs back is Freeman whom i'm not high on. I believe the defense will be stellar with the new acquisitions. Its up to Freeman to take the next step or Mike Glennon could be the next N C State quarterback to push someone out of a job.

As it stands i think the only thing holding the Bucs back is Freeman whom i'm not high on. I believe the defense will be stellar with the new acquisitions. Its up to Freeman to take the next step or Mike Glennon could be the next N C State quarterback to push someone out of a job.

Thousands of BUC fans, would back you on that. I've seen where some are predicting he's going to have the season Ryan had in 2012. If so, we should be in the playoffs, and he'll have himself a nice fat contract similar to Romo's. I'll not be holding my breath though. I've been sucked in by this guy too many times since he's been here. Most of us are strictly in a "Show Me" position now.

Edited by jb 3.0