Most Undeserving Team To Win A Super Bowl

SaintRay

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you say a team is UNDESERVING of a Super Bowl Title, as a Saints fan, you of all people should realize just how hard it is to get there and WIN. There are several cases of undeserving teams getting there, such as the '85 Pats, '95 Chargers and '98 Falcons. All that does it make it a bit easier for the eventual Champion.

But I'll NEVER say a team doesn't deserve their title. Not up until this point anyway. Perhaps I can be convinced otherwise, but I doubt it. This thread should have more than a few posts about how the '02 BUCS & '09 Saints don't deserve theirs, but we all know that's nothing but sour grapes.

Fixed...Willie convinced me.wink.png

Edited by jb 3.0

How can you say a team is UNDESERVING of a Super Bowl Title, as a Saints fan, you of all people should realize just how hard it is to get there and WIN. There are several cases of undeserving teams getting there, such as the '85 Pats, '95 Chargers and '98 Falcons. All that does it make it a bit easier for the eventual Champion.

But I'll NEVER say a team doesn't deserve their title. Not up until this point anyway. Perhaps I can be convinced otherwise, but I doubt it. This thread should have more than a few posts about how the '02 BUCS & '09 Saints don't deserve theirs, but we all know that's nothing but sour grapes.

Agree. Undeserving players you can understand, surprise teams you can understand, but not undeserving winners.

2005 steelers

The way I see it you cannot blame the outcome of a game on the refs. Sure they blow calls, they're not infallible. But, a team shouldn't be in a position that the one call made that big of a difference. Seahawk fans can whine all they want, but BOTH teams play with the same refs, no matter how good or lousy they may be.

Okay Willie, tell us why the Falcons deserved to be there simply by a missed field goal by the best team in the NFC at that time.

Please, I'm all ears.

falcons comeback from down 7 on the road and beating the team in overtime? and the falcons only won one less game than the vikings that year

falcons comeback from down 7 on the road and beating the team in overtime? and the falcons only won one less game than the vikings that year

All good points, that was all that I was asking. I don't remember much of the game other than the Vikes lost on a missed field goal.

JB, I didn't say I thought any team was undeserving, but it was implied in another thread, so I threw it out there for discussion. I think if you get there, you earned it. You beat all comers in your conference.

That's just the way I took the question. Like I said, there may be rather undeserving participants, but in the world of the NFL the cream seems to ALWAYS rise to the top and the better team in the Super Bowl ALWAYS wins. That's just how I see it.

Fixed...Willie convinced me.wink.png

i don't think any fan, regardless of what team they cheer for, has any idea how hard it is.

Sorry, but I disagree.

Thats you , if the falcons won a superbowl like either of those teams they would cease to exist to me .........I would have a billboard put up expressing my disgust with the whole dayum team and I've been a Falcon fan as long as theres been Falcons team.

I would rather die never having seen the Falcons win a SB than to see them winning one cheating ........thats just ME and you can disagree as much as you want JB......nothing but respect for you .

My mind will never change on this subject either win it fair and square or you didn't win it at all in my opinion

sam

Thats you , if the falcons won a superbowl like either of those teams they would cease to exist to me .........I would have a billboard put up expressing my disgust with the whole dayum team and I've been a Falcon fan as long as theres been Falcons team.

I would rather die never having seen the Falcons win a SB than to see them winning one cheating ........thats just ME and you can disagree as much as you want JB......nothing but respect for you .

My mind will never change on this subject either win it fair and square or you didn't win it at all in my opinion

sam

Not gonna get into a big discussion on the exacts of Bountygate or Spygate. The seasons getting too close, and I know how passionate some of the Falcon fans here are about the whole thing. We could spend the entire season debating this without either one of us coming off our stance.

its hard to call a team undeserving if they make a playoff run. the ravens last year looked pretty bad the second half of the season, but they went into the playoffs swinging and all is forgotten.

i can't really think of an undeserving team.

sam

so are you ignorant or a double standard having hypocrite?

so are you ignorant or a double standard having hypocrite?

HYPOCRITE ? I talk straight up and say EXACTLY whats on my mind. like me or not like what I say or not with me you get a honest opinion I expect the same from everyone else.

I never cheat if I can 't win without cheatings I'll never be a winner but I'll sleep well at night .

I will never support any team that cheats or respect any team that cheats .........thats just me you do what you want to but don't try to convince me that a cheating team won anything........they didn' t win it they STOLE it......nothing against you its the way I was raised by my mom and dad and that will never change

sam