Something I Just Noticed About Jags Helmets

Farmer2

I remember Matt Ryan saying in an interview that he really likes the red helmets b/c they're easier to see on the field. Well logic would tell you that it would be easier for the opposing QB to see our defensive players. That brings me to the jags. I'm watching nfl network and they're talking about the jags and they're showing their practice. I realize with their faded helmets, they get the best of both worlds. As the WRs run their routes the QB sees a light brown helmet that sticks out. But when the jags are on D, especially in a zone they're facing the Qb, so the opposing QB sees a normal black helmet.

As much as I hate the faded look, a red to black fade could give us a slight advantage. And in the NFL, even the slightest advantage could equate to wins.

I remember Matt Ryan saying in an interview that he really likes the red helmets b/c they're easier to see on the field. Well logic would tell you that it would be easier for the opposing QB to see our defensive players. That brings me to the jags. I'm watching nfl network and they're talking about the jags and they're showing their practice. I realize with their faded helmets, they get the best of both worlds. As the WRs run their routes the QB sees a light brown helmet that sticks out. But when the jags are on D, especially in a zone they're facing the Qb, so the opposing QB sees a normal black helmet.

As much as I hate the faded look, a red to black fade could give us a slight advantage. And in the NFL, even the slightest advantage could equate to wins.

I like the idea. Always thought we should use the red in some way.

Guest Masbinacci

I've been telling y'all, what we need to add are plumes to the helmets:

WhI2Cpo.png

I'm for it

54488-This-is-Sparta.gif

woops I still have soccer on my mind as well :D

Interesting. I loved the old Unis. My favorite new uniform of ours is the black helmet, black shirt and white pants that we wore for like... 2 games.

2400185_display_image.jpg?1327297016

I like that look a lot too. It was the Falcons home look for 2003 when they changed the uniforms. They only wore the red jerseys for a couple of games in 2003. But then Mora was hired and changed the red jerseys to the primary jerseys.