Falcons Close To Signing Alford

It's been almost 2 months with a rookie wage scale!!! It has to be contentious. the Falcons are obviously unhappy with their selfish demands.We might just have to let Alford and Trufant walk, or trade them for Champ Bailey and sign Josh Cribbs. [/swiftlogic]

It's been almost 2 months with a rookie wage scale!!! It has to be contentious. the Falcons are obviously unhappy with their selfish demands.We might just have to let Alford and Trufant walk, or trade them for Champ Bailey and sign Josh Cribbs. [/swiftlogic]

Just can't let it go, huh?

You do know with rookies there is a pay scale . lol

no rush with rookies they will be in camp

big dog Ryan still no contract tho

But there's a rush for a guy who's contract expires over a year from now? Right. Apparently you missed the first sentence.

I expect this comment from a brent grimes fan. Not many teams have signed there top picks either.

I expect this comment from a brent grimes fan. Not many teams have signed there top picks either.

I was making fun of another posters logic that the Matt Ryan contract was taking too long despite being a year away from expiring. Hence the closing HTML tag. How could you read that and take it seriously?

it is my understanding that Ryan is not a FA. I think He's under contract through next year. So they have nearly and entire year to get that deal done. Why such a rush??? They work on it all season long

Many players don't like to do contract negotiations during the season.

This made me laugh. lol

I actually felt this way jokingly. Fu*k these rookies! Their agents have life fu*ked up!

it is my understanding that Ryan is not a FA. I think He's under contract through next year. So they have nearly and entire year to get that deal done. Why such a rush??? They work on it all season long

Its a couple reasons.

1) Flacco wanted a contract extension last offseason and didnt get one. They ended up winning the Super Bowl so he asked for more money now than he did last year and Bmore had to pay him because he's the Super Bowl MVP.

2) If you get Matt's contract done now that could clear up more space towards the team's cap hit right now.

3) Its not something you want your franchise QB thinking about in the back of his head throughout the season. It doesnt affect all players but it definately affects some.

4) You have a very early ball bark figure of how much cap space you'll have next season and TD can start looking into next offseason free agent acquisitions a year in advance.

Edited by Yep281986

lol, you seem to be having bad luck this week on here Paulitik.

Yeah, apparently the offseason has sucked away people's senses of humor and their ability to detect sarcasm. I'll take the blame on the DBlock one, but this one should've been obvious.