Critics Of Td, Matt Ryan, Etc...

I have a simple question for you:

What is it you want, instead?

Look at it objectively - the Falcons have been a joke for a long time with the exception of 1998, and a couple Vick-era games.

This is by far the winningest, most competitive, and most stable team we have had in our history. We are winning games. Period. We are not the Browns, if we were, I could understand the bitching.

This is a sports team, here for our entertainment. You watch football to enjoy it and be entertained. What is the point of hating on a team's staff that wins games and fills the bleachers? I don't get it.

Not to mention, not one **** arm-chair GM on these forums has anywhere near the inside information nor knowledge that it takes to run a world class sports organization.

It's pathetic. Really.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another ryan thread?

This has to be a record.

But I agree with you. We were at rock bottom before td and company arrived. No gm, no qb and a coach that quit during the season. We had to rebuild our team offense and defense. 5 years later we are the winningest team in the nfc and we came up a DROPPED pass away from playing in only our 2nd sb. And we have gotten better this off-season to make another run

Edited by BrandonDell_

There's nothing realistic. They wanted to pick up broken, injured Peyton, when we have a simllar QB that's a decade younger and healthier. They want some kind of magic himdsight power where we can go back in time and grab Russell Wilson, some magic way to trade for Aaron Rodgers, or even a few bring Mike Vick back.

They think being a GM in the NFL is like Madden. Yet, when we trade for a Super Star like Julio, they pitch a fit. It's about what could have been, not making the best of what we have. What we have is pretty **** close.

There's nothing realistic. They wanted to pick up broken, injured Peyton, when we have a simllar QB that's a decade younger and healthier. They want some kind of magic himdsight power where we can go back in time and grab Russell Wilson, some magic way to trade for Aaron Rodgers, or even a few bring Mike Vick back.

They think being a GM in the NFL is like Madden. Yet, when we trade for a Super Star like Julio, they pitch a fit. It's about what could have been, not making the best of what we have. What we have is pretty **** close.

Agreed. I really think it comes down to people just being angry in real life and wanting to vent it through bitching about football. Kind of hard to do that when your team is the winningest in the NFC though, lol

For the sake of honesty I'll bite. Ryan is not my type of QB even in the smallest sense. I did not like him at all to start out with.

Now, he is fast becoming my favorite. I think he may even be in the top 3. Sometimes its hard to let go of what you want and what you like. I like nasty defenses with mammoth DT's. We don't have everything I like or won't and that will not be the case all of the time.

Sometimes you have to come to the here and now and see what is really going on. BTW...Ozzie is my favorite GM of all time, but TD is coming up fast!!! If you look at it, they are from the same executive tree and Ozzie came up very similar to TD in terms of success.

Critiquing is fine. Being blatantly negative 24/7 under the guise of "objectivity" is lame. When downplaying something the Falcons did while at the same time hyping up something similar another team did (under said guise of "objectivity") you are just an idiot and probably not a fan to begin with.

Critiquing is fine. Being blatantly negative 24/7 under the guise of "objectivity" is lame. When downplaying something the Falcons did while at the same time hyping up something similar another team did (under said guise of "objectivity") you are just an idiot and probably not a fan to begin with.

Or they are suffering from some kind of medical condition..

For the sake of honesty I'll bite. Ryan is not my type of QB even in the smallest sense. I did not like him at all to start out with.

Now, he is fast becoming my favorite. I think he may even be in the top 3. Sometimes its hard to let go of what you want and what you like. I like nasty defenses with mammoth DT's. We don't have everything I like or won't and that will not be the case all of the time.

Sometimes you have to come to the here and now and see what is really going on. BTW...Ozzie is my favorite GM of all time, but TD is coming up fast!!! If you look at it, they are from the same executive tree and Ozzie came up very similar to TD in terms of success.

I could have written this.

When we first drafted Ryan, I was still recovering from 2007, where at least there was leg room at the stadium. I was so hurt and let down over the whole Vick fiasco. I was such a huge fan, and I was sure he was going to get us all the way every year. Watching him play was awesome - he was such an athlete - and you never knew what might happen next.

There was the whole "here we go again" feeling that I've felt so many years as a Falcon faithful. It is such a horrible feeling leaving the stadium after every game with your head down - listening to the other fans dig and claw and caw. You can't look anyone in the eye - and you just want to cry all the way to your car. That 3 hour drive home is rough after a loss.

But, I kept my mind open. The more I read about Ryan, the more I liked him. He had guts, he was smart, he was a study of the game and he was as competitive as anyone on the field. I started liking him from training camp really. I was hopefully optimistic - but then again - I always am during preseason (lol).

Then when the season came and I watched his heart - watched his leadership, I became a fan.

As I've watched him grow more and more into the position - and watched him handle the resentment for something he had no control over, especially that first year. We could not have a game where they actually talked about the game. We had to hear about Petrino, Vick and all the other crap over and over. It was frustrating for me as a fan - but I had fun that year - and I've had fun every year since.

I enjoy laughing and interacting with the other fans after games. It's fun to hold your head up and smile all the way to the car. The ride home is fun.

Yeah, I've had the heartbreak at the final loss each year. Yes, I'm still aching for that final move. But, I'm having a blast watching my team all year. I'm really enjoying the games.

And I believe again. I believe we will get there - and that makes it even more fun. I love my Falcons - and I love the game. I'm happy that I can enjoy both.

seems like that is a unrealistic goal for some here

Everybody here wants the Falcons to win a SB.

The only thing that differs some posters from others is that some of them think that their way is the right and only way instead of just waiting to see what happens because that is the only thing that they can do anyway.

This x100

I could have written this.

When we first drafted Ryan, I was still recovering from 2007, where at least there was leg room at the stadium. I was so hurt and let down over the whole Vick fiasco. I was such a huge fan, and I was sure he was going to get us all the way every year. Watching him play was awesome - he was such an athlete - and you never knew what might happen next.

There was the whole "here we go again" feeling that I've felt so many years as a Falcon faithful. It is such a horrible feeling leaving the stadium after every game with your head down - listening to the other fans dig and claw and caw. You can't look anyone in the eye - and you just want to cry all the way to your car. That 3 hour drive home is rough after a loss.

But, I kept my mind open. The more I read about Ryan, the more I liked him. He had guts, he was smart, he was a study of the game and he was as competitive as anyone on the field. I started liking him from training camp really. I was hopefully optimistic - but then again - I always am during preseason (lol).

Then when the season came and I watched his heart - watched his leadership, I became a fan.

As I've watched him grow more and more into the position - and watched him handle the resentment for something he had no control over, especially that first year. We could not have a game where they actually talked about the game. We had to hear about Petrino, Vick and all the other crap over and over. It was frustrating for me as a fan - but I had fun that year - and I've had fun every year since.

I enjoy laughing and interacting with the other fans after games. It's fun to hold your head up and smile all the way to the car. The ride home is fun.

Yeah, I've had the heartbreak at the final loss each year. Yes, I'm still aching for that final move. But, I'm having a blast watching my team all year. I'm really enjoying the games.

And I believe again. I believe we will get there - and that makes it even more fun. I love my Falcons - and I love the game. I'm happy that I can enjoy both.

Beautiful. My sentiments exactly, and why I defend Ryan.

I felt like his first pass was a new era, washing away the sins of the past. He's not perfect, but he's our guy, and I'm behind him as long as he's a Falcon. Same goes for TD, Smitty, and Blank.

The current Browns are an expansion team less than 20 years old. The original Browns are in Baltimore hoisting another Lombardi.

This is precisely what I'm talking about. I'm sorry man but what would make you happy? Really? The Browns are the Browns. What happened 20 years ago is about as relevant to the 2013 Falcons as the crap I'm about to take.

A Lombardi. The comparison is bad. Just like a Rams comparison would have been. The Lions maybe.

Be a man and own up to your wishes, as pathetically idiotic as they may be, YOU WANTED JAKE LOCKER!!!

If it were not so imbecilic, it would be funny.

You got ppl who've been fans for decades and they're truely tired of not having a Super Bowl yet. They provide legit complaints at times so thats understandable imo.

Then you have ppl who really dont know wtf they're talking about and just bjtch and complain.

As far as the rest in concerned, hataz goin hate.

Can't complain about Dimitroff and Blanks but Smith and his power run game had to go. Still not convinced Smith is the right head coach but this coming season will tell the story...If this offense struggles to score like it did at times last year then Dimitroff has to pull the plug on this guy period.

Can't complain about Dimitroff and Blanks but Smith and his power run game had to go. Still not convinced Smith is the right head coach but this coming season will tell the story...If this offense struggles to score like it did at times last year then Dimitroff has to pull the plug on this guy period.

Smith is not the OC, though over all responsibility falls on him.

You are never going to figure out some of the people on this board. Some of them simply have problems.

This team was a mess for 40 years. I don’t think that there was ever a team that was any lower then the Falcons in 2007. A new GM and Coach came in a selected a QB from a school not known for being a football power. That team has been a winner ever since.

That GM, Coach and QB are winners and they will take us to and win Super Bowls. Yes I said Super Bowls as in plural.

And guess what will happen then--those same naysayers will claim to have been fans all along. The only problem for them is we will remember and remind them what kind of fans they really are.

This is my take on it all. Up until the past five years all the little things the team did right (not a long list) it was a team thing. For instance in 1998, never heard Chandler this and Chandler that. You heard the Falcons did this and how.

Now, its Ryan, TD and Smith did this and did that. People forget this is a team game. Ryan would not be the winniest (spelling) QB is team history if it was not for help from guys named Turner (who is forgotten anytime 2008 is mentioned), Roddy (without his hands that long throw by Ryan that led to the gaming win TD would not have happened), TG (this guy has been a security blanket for Ryan when it comes to first downs and red zone opportunities) and the list goes on. Turner was ridden like a horse for a long time and gets little credit from the masses. Yes, he gets credit when the thread is about him but in other cases not a mention take the thread given props to TD, Ryan, Blank, etc.

I know all don't feel like this but its how it sounds with some.

Don't get me wrong I am not on the wagon that wants Ryan gone. Heck no. The guy is good maybe even great but he didn't do it all by himself. He had help from 50 something other players, good coaching staff, good front office and an awesome owner. But I will say this if Ryan is going to get all the credit for being the reason we are were we are, he will get all the backlash when we don't make it to where we want to be. It goes both ways. I do believe in the guy and if I didn't the two most important things in my life would not be wearing his jersey. Check the avatar. And mine would not be hanging in the closet still being worn thru the offseason.

I don't know if most will understand this because I suck at writing and typing, so grammar nazis eat a fat one.

TEAM game.

Just realized that what I just said may not have anything to do with the topic...but I don't care.