Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ethos

Alex Smith Throwing Deep Balls For Kansas City Chiefs

232 posts in this topic

It's amazing that my Ledbetter account got suspended for BS and this guy gets to stay around and troll with free will. Good lord....

This is Ryan's contract year. The way I see it. If he fails to deliver by not bringing a Lombardi to the ATL then we franchise and trade him for multiple picks. Use those picks to build an ailing defense, while DD is the starter for 2014-2015, see what he can do for this team while being a much cheaper option. If the DD route fails then the following season the Falcons should pursue Alex Smith as a potential FA option. Either way your setting up the team for success because there will be enough money to resign Julio, Spoon, Roddy and multiple other important players to this team. This is more important because it keeps the future and hope alive, hopefully TD can actually hit on some picks for the defense. A strong elite defense will always be in the mix for contention all they need is an above average QB to compliment them. Or i'm sure some of you would rather resign Ryan to a mega deal and cripple this franchise for the next decade.

so we will be trying to get rid of Matt because he cant get it done, but someone else will be offering "multiple picks"? thats not the way it works. if youre gonna try and do this, at least do it right....

so we will be trying to get rid of Matt because he cant get it done, but someone else will be offering "multiple picks"? thats not the way it works. if youre gonna try and do this, at least do it right....

It's like the special Olympics of trolling nowadays.

Hey Falconine, I like your work ethic, but you just aren't up to snuff when it comes to this trolling business. If you'd like I could set you up with a few other message boards that have a collectively low intellectual ability such as yourself like the Saints' boards or a Dora the Explorer board? I'm here for you buddy, cause I feel like you're a hard worker and you deserves more results. It's not everyday that you get a guy that puts his heart and soul into something and is still the laughing stock. You're kinda like that kid who tries really hard and even practices for gym class and still throws air balls more than he hits the rim. It's okay though. While it seems like everyone hates you (mostly everyone does), I don't. I don't know how you feel, but I'd assume it sucks buddy! Chin up rolleyes.gif

Rai and Drunken Minotaur Zebra like this

You have no idea how the NFL works

In 2002 McNabb was signed to the richest contract in NFL history at 12 years $115 million. In the final two years of his deal he was traded to the Redskins and fans of the Eagles turned on him. Don't sign Ryan to a mega deal when almost a decade later the team will still be without a Lombardi and Falcons fans will turn on Ryan. Don't let history repeat itself.

In 2002 McNabb was signed to the richest contract in NFL history at 12 years $115 million. In the final two years of his deal he was traded to the Redskins and fans of the Eagles turned on him. Don't sign Ryan to a mega deal when almost a decade later the team will still be without a Lombardi and Falcons fans will turn on Ryan. Don't let history repeat itself.

Peyton Manning, who had a similar early career to Ryan, signed a record contract in 2004 and brought home a Lombardi 2 years later.

Ethos, BrandonDell_, Rai and 2 others like this

Peyton Manning, who had a similar early career to Ryan, signed a record contract in 2004 and brought home a Lombardi 2 years later.

Shhh obviously Matt Ryan is more like Donovan McNabb than Peyton Manning....

huh.pngrolleyes.gifhuh.pngrolleyes.gifhuh.png

PK Manley likes this

Yea but Ryan isn't a poor man's Peyton Manning. He's more like a rich man's Chad Pennington. But you have a point, I won't completely write Ryan off. I will continue to cheer for him every Sunday despite his inadequacies.

Peyon is a choker in the playoffs. The only reason he got a SB was defense and handing the ball off. Eli is better, more clutch

Peyon is a choker in the playoffs. The only reason he got a SB was defense and handing the ball off. Eli is better, more clutch

Eli never won a play off game when the defense gave up more than 20 points. Not sure I would consider him over Payton.

He was pretty close last year, he might be better this year.

OP is one of those people who are threatened by such comparisons. It makes it more fun.

OP is one of those people who are threatened by such comparisons. It makes it more fun.

I wasn't in this thread before, didn't even see who the Op was, my mistake. LOL

You have no idea how the NFL works

im just saying, if Ryan is such a failure and we need to dump him as you suggested, wouldnt other teams realize Ryan is a bum? and once they realize that, why would they trade "multiple draft picks" for him? this really isnt a question of me knowing how the NFL works, but more just me being confused by your logic. nobody trades multiple draft picks for a QB that is considered a lost cause, like you suggest Matt Ryan is.

For example, Mark Sanchez in New York. He is pretty much considered a lost cause/bum/failure of an NFL QB at this point. Would you trade "multiple draft picks" for him right now?

First alex smith isnt a franchise qb. He sucked monkey balls until harbaugh got the job. He made alex into a decent qb. And kaep is a very good qb. He will have to continue to get better but he is off to a great start

Yea but Ryan isn't a poor man's Peyton Manning. He's more like a rich man's Chad Pennington. But you have a point, I won't completely write Ryan off. I will continue to cheer for him every Sunday despite his inadequacies.

you are out of your mind. Pennington has never ever had the amount of individual success ryan has. Stats don't lie
TheFatboi likes this

im just saying, if Ryan is such a failure and we need to dump him as you suggested, wouldnt other teams realize Ryan is a bum? and once they realize that, why would they trade "multiple draft picks" for him? this really isnt a question of me knowing how the NFL works, but more just me being confused by your logic. nobody trades multiple draft picks for a QB that is considered a lost cause, like you suggest Matt Ryan is.

For example, Mark Sanchez in New York. He is pretty much considered a lost cause/bum/failure of an NFL QB at this point. Would you trade "multiple draft picks" for him right now?

Kevin Kolb, Carson Palmer, Matt Schaub, Matt Flynn

Those are the types of trades he might be referring to in that type of scenerio. It's possible, but very doubtful. Ryan is TD's prized possession so if he somehow is no longer with this team then I wouldn't be surprised if TD leaves as well.

This doesn't surprise me. He's in Andy Reid's system now, and Reid likes throwing the football. He's got Dwayne Bowe, a great pass-catching RB in Jamaal Charles, and a good pass-catching TE (forgot his name). Smith should be throwing it deep, especially since he'll have to keep pace with Peyton Manning and Phillip Rivers twice a year.

And here I thought this might actually be an interesting thread to talk about how good the Chiefs might be next year. Instead it's just another troll topic.

This is Ryan's contract year. The way I see it. If he fails to deliver by not bringing a Lombardi to the ATL then we franchise and trade him for multiple picks. Use those picks to build an ailing defense, while DD is the starter for 2014-2015, see what he can do for this team while being a much cheaper option. If the DD route fails then the following season the Falcons should pursue Alex Smith as a potential FA option. Either way your setting up the team for success because there will be enough money to resign Julio, Spoon, Roddy and multiple other important players to this team. This is more important because it keeps the future and hope alive, hopefully TD can actually hit on some picks for the defense. A strong elite defense will always be in the mix for contention all they need is an above average QB to compliment them. Or i'm sure some of you would rather resign Ryan to a mega deal and cripple this franchise for the next decade.

You really are trying too hard.

Excuse me but I didn't find that rule while flipping through the pages of my Franchsie QB requirement handbook.

You also obviously missed the part where a franchise QB has many years of success as well. Never leading his team to an above 500 record in his first 6 years is not being part of a franchise QB. Never throwing more than 18 QBs in a season for 8 years isn't either.

So, not a valid comparison to Ryan.

Here' I'll help you out. Nobody has ever traded a young franchise QB. Ever. Because they're too valuable, they're too hard to find- any GM who did that would be fired.