Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ethos

Alex Smith Throwing Deep Balls For Kansas City Chiefs

232 posts in this topic

The 49ers shouldve been in the sb with Alex Smith last year. Lol

The 49ers have the best defense, offensive line and a top 3 run game...its hard nnot to succeed in that scenario

Stats don't lie

How many playoff wins do julio and spoon have?

I'm pretty sure blank and dimitroff have said signing ryan is 1st priority

QB driven league, QB dominated sport, QB most important position in the game. Of course he'd the 1st priority. Not neccesarily cuz he's a better player than JJ just that he's more important because of the position he plays. Just like Mike's job was to throw to Boobie. Ryan's job is to throw to JJ.

Smith isn't a franchise QB. You haven't answered the question.

First overall pick coming off his best statistical season in 2011, helping his team get to the NFCCG before getting a concussion last season. I don't know what your definition of franchise QB is but that sounds like one to me.

Falconine.....because Falconeight would just not be enough.

Mrs. Falconine: "Gimme 9 inches and make it hurt.

Falconine: "blanked" her 9 times and slapped her"

Karst41 likes this

QB driven league, QB dominated sport, QB most important position in the game. Of course he'd the 1st priority. Not neccesarily cuz he's a better player than JJ just that he's more important because of the position he plays. Just like Mike's job was to throw to Boobie. Ryan's job is to throw to JJ.

So this is a qb driven league yet you want to trade away a franchise qb in hopes for a Lombardi. ....do you hear yourself?

First overall pick coming off his best statistical season in 2011, helping his team get to the NFCCG before getting a concussion last season. I don't know what your definition of franchise QB is but that sounds like one to me.

1700 yards and 13 TD isn't franchise material.

Think a franchise QB has to throw 20+ TDs in a season, any season, in his first 8 years.

So, what franchise QB has ever been traded?

So this is a qb driven league yet you want to trade away a franchise qb in hopes for a Lombardi. ....do you hear yourself?

That's the thing. I believe Matt Ryan to be overvalued by a lot of Falcon fans. Wilson, Kaep, RGIII, Luck. All great seasons as starters. All with exceptional physical talent. It'd be hard for any QB to fail when they're throwing to Julio, Roddy, Gonzo, SJax. The offense is a well oiled machine that can operate on it's own. Now it's time to build the defense.

Okay let me try to map this out so I can understand it from Falconines view

Matt Ryan sucks too much to win a super bowl

Matt Ryan should be traded for a lot of 1st round picks

1st round picks would show Matt Ryan has value

Matt Ryan having value would mean that people around the NFL believe in his talents

WHAT?

Either Matt Ryan isnt good enough for a Super Bowl or he is good enough to have a high trade value. You cant have both my friend.

Okay let me try to map this out so I can understand it from Falconines view

Matt Ryan sucks too much to win a super bowl

Matt Ryan should be traded for a lot of 1st round picks

1st round picks would show Matt Ryan has value

Matt Ryan having value would mean that people around the NFL believe in his talents

WHAT?

Either Matt Ryan isnt good enough for a Super Bowl or he is good enough to have a high trade value. You cant have both my friend.

Matt Ryan fills a need for many teams. Teams like Jags, Bills would pay a pretty penny to have him. Falcons have an opportuntiy after this year if Ryan doesn't win Lombardi to dump him and his mega deal elsewhere in exchange for compensation in the form of draft picks. Matt Ryan has had great regular season success which would skyrocket any players value. It's the postseason where Ryan melts and doesn't deserve a mega deal from a team like the Falcons. Just because he has good value and teams will overpay for him does not mean he is great. I'd like to see if Ryan could replicate what Joe Flacco did this postseason with Torrey Smith, Boldin, Pitta and Rice. If the Falcons front office can't see that a QB who is 1-4 in the playoffs shouldn't take up 20-25% of the teams cap then shame on them. Falcons would be wise to go the DD route and use the draft picks + money from dumping Ryan's contract to build an elite defense because an "elite offense" that scores 0 points in the 2nd half of the NFCCG aint cutting it. It's a risky move but less risky than taking your chances on signing a proven postseason failure to 20M+.

Matt Ryan fills a need for many teams. Teams like Jags, Bills would pay a pretty penny to have him. Falcons have an opportuntiy after this year if Ryan doesn't win Lombardi to dump him and his mega deal elsewhere in exchange for compensation in the form of draft picks. Matt Ryan has had great regular season success which would skyrocket any players value. It's the postseason where Ryan melts and doesn't deserve a mega deal from a team like the Falcons. Just because he has good value and teams will overpay for him does not mean he is great. I'd like to see if Ryan could replicate what Joe Flacco did this postseason with Torrey Smith, Boldin, Pitta and Rice. If the Falcons front office can't see that a QB who is 1-4 in the playoffs shouldn't take up 20-25% of the teams cap then shame on them. Falcons would be wise to go the DD route and use the draft picks + money from dumping Ryan's contract to build an elite defense because an "elite offense" that scores 0 points in the 2nd half of the NFCCG aint cutting it. It's a risky move but less risky than taking your chances on signing a proven postseason failure to 20M+.

So, assuming a franchise QB has thrown more than 20 TDS in a season, what franchise QB has ever been traded?

Ryan had the 2nd highest qb rating in the 2013 postseason. Ryan lead us on a GW drive to beat the Seahawks and threw (what should have been) the game winning td pass to harry Douglas who fell down and dropped the ball in the nfccg. Did you actually watch ryan play this postseason? Ryan struggled in the postseason earlier in his career. His playoff record took a hit because the falcons couldn't win if ryan wasn't great like the ravens and 49ers. But if you actually watched ryan play this year there is nothing to suggest he can't win us a sb . Especially when you consider if harry Douglas didnt have two left feet we would have been in the ******* superbowl this year.

Your stupidity still amazes me. Its like you don't actually watch the games

MR Falcon likes this

I've already answered your question sir.

You did, and incorrectly- as I pointed out, can't be a franchise QB and have never thrown for 20 TDs in a year.

So, find a true young franchise QB that was traded.

can't be a franchise QB and have never thrown for 20 TDs in a year.

Excuse me but I didn't find that rule while flipping through the pages of my Franchsie QB requirement handbook.

I dont agree at all with these anti ryan trolls but kaepernick is pretty good and will continue to have success in the nfl after this season.the guy had a far more stellar college carreer than scam newton did. Hes a far better passer rhan runner, can throw the ball 70 yds like its a frozen rope and helped two other players to get drafted to nfl teams from unr based off of their time together with him under center at unr.

Kapernick is not great. I think we will see a major decline in him this year.

Wilson will be great quarterback , along with luck and rg3 (if he can stay healthy). Kaepernick is the less impressive out of that bunch

I think Wilson and Luck will be very good. I think Washington will get RG3 killed. Kaep, I don't know about. I don't buy into that whole 'wait till they get film on him' crap. Not here anyways. Harbaugh is too smart to keep him stagnant for too long. If he fails its because his head gets too big.

Part of the reason the falcons haven't won a sb is because they've never built cohesiveness by trading players too soon and drafting bad. Which doesn't make sense to those that feel we should trade Ryan if he fails to win a sb. Bullsh!t!! It always happens to the falcons. Soon as we trade our top caliber talent they go somewhere else and win a SB. Deion, Favre, Case. Can we please keep a team in place for a while and let it succeed. The Dallas's and the Pittsburgs and the NE's didn't become powerhouses by trading top talent and firing good coaches before winning the big game. We're too close to getting over that hump to trade Ryan at this time contract year and all. We'll remain competitive as long as Ryan, Julio and Roddy are together and we'll get the accessories we need.

MR Falcon and neekah like this

Part of the reason the falcons haven't won a sb is because they've never built cohesiveness by trading players too soon and drafting bad. Which doesn't make sense to those that feel we should trade Ryan if he fails to win a sb. Bullsh!t!! It always happens to the falcons. Soon as we trade our top caliber talent they go somewhere else and win a SB. Deion, Favre, Case. Can we please keep a team in place for a while and let it succeed. The Dallas's and the Pittsburgs and the NE's didn't become powerhouses by trading top talent and firing good coaches before winning the big game. We're too close to getting over that hump to trade Ryan at this time contract year and all. We'll remain competitive as long as Ryan, Julio and Roddy are together and we'll get the accessories we need.

We should trade Ryan straight up for Alex Smith if Jake Locker is not available.