Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ethos

Alex Smith Throwing Deep Balls For Kansas City Chiefs

232 posts in this topic

How to you differentiate between DD and Webb on this aspect?

Didnt Webb play behind Brett Favre?

? Joe Webb was not a pocket passer in college and it was apparent he would not become one in the NFL. Without Percy Harvin, it is easier to stop Webb and A.P. A pure option QB, not even run n gun. This was a guy whose rushing yards accounted for almost 40% of his total yardage. That is not balance. In Davis first season at ECU Davis went on to pass for 3,967 yardand 37 touchdowns. He also broke the NCAA record for most consecutive passes by a QB. That is promise. Davis could run the option in his collegiate days but also be proficient as a passer. I think Davis can truly benefit from Matt Ryan and hopefully take some notes on how to become a better pocket passer. Ryan is really good with the playaction at times. Combine Ryan's work ethic with god given talent and something great can be molded here. It just needs time.

What Koetter did was adding the screen pass. Which to be very honest is just as deadly and effective as the deep ball. MM was to chicken to try them.

Yep

Ryan was also more efficient than he had ever been.

? Joe Webb was not a pocket passer in college and it was apparent he would not become one in the NFL. Without Percy Harvin, it is easier to stop Webb and A.P. A pure option QB, not even run n gun. This was a guy whose rushing yards accounted for almost 40% of his total yardage. That is not balance. In Davis first season at ECU Davis went on to pass for 3,967 yardand 37 touchdowns. He also broke the NCAA record for most consecutive passes by a QB. That is promise. Davis could run the option in his collegiate days but also be proficient as a passer. I think Davis can truly benefit from Matt Ryan and hopefully take some notes on how to become a better pocket passer. Ryan is really good with the playaction at times. Combine Ryan's work ethic with god given talent and something great can be molded here. It just needs time.

I think you are right, but it is not going to happen in Atlanta as long as MR is healthy. I don't think many are willing to take a proven QB and sit him to the side and start someone who is a big what if. This isn't SF.

But I do wish he would get some reps with the first team receivers in preseason.

This is Ryan's contract year. The way I see it. If he fails to deliver by not bringing a Lombardi to the ATL then we franchise and trade him for multiple picks. Use those picks to build an ailing defense, while DD is the starter for 2014-2015, see what he can do for this team while being a much cheaper option. If the DD route fails then the following season the Falcons should pursue Alex Smith as a potential FA option. Either way your setting up the team for success because there will be enough money to resign Julio, Spoon, Roddy and multiple other important players to this team. This is more important because it keeps the future and hope alive, hopefully TD can actually hit on some picks for the defense. A strong elite defense will always be in the mix for contention all they need is an above average QB to compliment them. Or i'm sure some of you would rather resign Ryan to a mega deal and cripple this franchise for the next decade.

35573805.jpg

So you want to trade away a top 10 qb for a guy who has potential ? Do you really think that's smart? Webb was a guy with a good arm, mobility and Vikings fans thought highly of him until he stepped into a real game.

If davis becomes good and wants a fat extension do we trade him and start the process over?

You think that's a good way to build a successful franchise?

Look at all the most successful franchises. They all have franchise qbs. They aren't trading away franchise qbs because of money

No Webb was one dimensional and Vikings fans were delusional if they thought they could get something even remotely close to a poor man's Cunningham. It's not about trading away a top 10 qb to replace him with one with potential. It's about finding the cheaper option and keeping title contention hopes alive. If Ryan want's to take an Eli Manning esque deal I would love to have him stay on this team. And no Davis can't get a fat extension off of one good year. He may be able to get past $10M but nowhere near what Ryan would command.

I hope dd becomes good. We could trade him for some good value.

Just like people said I was overrating quizz you are overrating davis. He has potential to be good but he was a UDFA, clearly other teams didn't see that much value in him. There are success stories from udfa becoming really good but they are the exception not the rule.

Its a fallacy to think we are trading away a franchise qb for potential

Smith is a decent QB who's career was hampered by a

49er's organization that is in a perpetual state of upheaval.

As a fan of the NFL, I am glad that KC and their fans got Reid and Smith.

This is good for the Chiefs and it is good for Football.

Likewise, anything that is bad for Philly, and their ratazz fans is good for Football.

neekah and MR Falcon like this

I think you are right, but it is not going to happen in Atlanta as long as MR is healthy. I don't think many are willing to take a proven QB and sit him to the side and start someone who is a big what if. This isn't SF.

Kaepernick is great, not as good as RW but still great. He was raw in his first year too and the 49er's were smart to bring him along slowly before they gave him the starting nod. God forbid but if MR went down this year then TD would be forced to think about franchising and trading Ryan. He is a cold blooded GM so I wouldn't put it past him.

No Webb was one dimensional and Vikings fans were delusional if they thought they could get something even remotely close to a poor man's Cunningham. It's not about trading away a top 10 qb to replace him with one with potential. It's about finding the cheaper option and keeping title contention hopes alive. If Ryan want's to take an Eli Manning esque deal I would love to have him stay on this team. And no Davis can't get a fat extension off of one good year. He may be able to get past $10M but nowhere near what Ryan would command.

You are taking yourself out of title contention by trading away a franchise qb not vice versa. Ryans extension will look like a BARGAIN to what rg3,, wilson , luck, tannehill and even staffords extension will be. The qb market is set, ryan did NOT set it. Its not going down its only going up. We could let ryan play out his contract but If he has another good year or win the sb that price is going to SKYROCKET. We are in a good cap situation these next few years . We will be fine

Kaepernick is great, not as good as RW but still great. He was raw in his first year too and the 49er's were smart to bring him along slowly before they gave him the starting nod. God forbid but if MR went down this year then TD would be forced to think about franchising and trading Ryan. He is a cold blooded GM so I wouldn't put it past him.

The only way that TD would consider trading Ryan is if he got injured and DD had the "Brady Effect".

That rarely ever happens.

I hope dd becomes good. We could trade him for some good value.

Just like people said I was overrating quizz you are overrating davis. He has potential to be good but he was a UDFA, clearly other teams didn't see that much value in him. There are success stories from udfa becoming really good but they are the exception not the rule.

Its a fallacy to think we are trading away a franchise qb for potential

There are fallback plans. DD could be kicked to the curb as fast as MR. He is not the final ultimatum. The most important thing is cap space to resign, Spoon, Julio, Roddy ,McClain, Peters, etc.

Kapernick is not great. I think we will see a major decline in him this year.

Wilson will be great quarterback , along with luck and rg3 (if he can stay healthy). Kaepernick is the less impressive out of that bunch

Tuggle'2 and DawnOfThemBirds like this

There are fallback plans. DD could be kicked to the curb as fast as MR. He is not the final ultimatum. The most important thing is cap space to resign, Spoon, Julio, Roddy ,McClain, Peters, etc.

Lmao you're high. You think the most important thing is to sign spoon julio McClain etc. Over a franchise qb?

Go to bed

Lmao you're high. You think the most important thing is to sign spoon julio McClain etc. Over a franchise qb?

Go to bed

You think the most important thing is to sign a QB who is 1-4 in the playoffs to 20M+ while Spoon, Julio, Roddy contracts are coming up the trenches are weak? Go to bed.

You think the most important thing is to sign a QB who is 1-4 in the playoffs to 20M+ while Spoon, Julio, Roddy contracts are coming up the trenches are weak? Go to bed.

When was the last time a young franchise QB was traded?

Wilson will be great quarterback , along with luck and rg3 (if he can stay healthy). Kaepernick is the less impressive out of that bunch

KaperVick will continue to impress this year due to the low volume of game

film on him.

But I see the league getting after him in the second half of the season.

Honestly I think Wilson has some nice potential, but the team in general

has some issues.

Good to be a Falcon.

LOL @ people hating on Kaep because he young, wild and reckless. Homie led his team to the superbowl in his first year and played like a seasoned vet in the playoffs. Even made Crabtree who was non-existent for a while look like a pro bowl WR. Stats don't lie.

Yep, and I hope that people realize that it will come a time when their teams will have to pay them as well.

The Seahawks will have to worry about paying Wilson, Sherman, and Thomas which they all could command huge money. One if not two of them will be the odd man out.

How many playoff wins do julio and spoon have?

I'm pretty sure blank and dimitroff have said signing ryan is 1st priority

When was the last time a young franchise QB was traded?

Ryan would fetch more than just a second rounder.

Picture41_crop_exact.jpg

LOL @ people hating on Kaep because he young, wild and reckless. Homie led his team to the superbowl in his first year and played like a seasoned vet in the playoffs. Even made Crabtree who was non-existent for a while look like a pro bowl WR. Stats don't lie.

The 49ers shouldve been in the sb with Alex Smith last year. Lol

The 49ers have the best defense, offensive line and a top 3 run game...its hard nnot to succeed in that scenario