Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ethos

Alex Smith Throwing Deep Balls For Kansas City Chiefs

232 posts in this topic

I just.....I have no words.

Just imagine reading him the children's book The Little Engine That Could. It all of the sudden makes sense.

Just imagine reading him the children's book The Little Engine That Could. It all of the sudden makes sense.

These threads make me want to cry. They just try way too hard.

These threads make me want to cry. They just try way too hard.

" I think I can , I think I can , I think I can , I think I can! " laugh.png

oh boy...

This is Ryan's contract year. The way I see it. If he fails to deliver by not bringing a Lombardi to the ATL then we franchise and trade him for multiple picks. Use those picks to build an ailing defense, while DD is the starter for 2014-2015, see what he can do for this team while being a much cheaper option. If the DD route fails then the following season the Falcons should pursue Alex Smith as a potential FA option. Either way your setting up the team for success because there will be enough money to resign Julio, Spoon, Roddy and multiple other important players to this team. This is more important because it keeps the future and hope alive, hopefully TD can actually hit on some picks for the defense. A strong elite defense will always be in the mix for contention all they need is an above average QB to compliment them. Or i'm sure some of you would rather resign Ryan to a mega deal and cripple this franchise for the next decade.

This is Ryan's contract year. The way I see it. If he fails to deliver by not bringing a Lombardi to the ATL then we franchise and trade him for multiple picks. Use those picks to build an ailing defense, while DD is the starter for 2014-2015, see what he can do for this team while being a much cheaper option. If the DD route fails then the following season the Falcons should pursue Alex Smith as a potential FA option. Either way your setting up the team for success because there will be enough money to resign Julio, Spoon, Roddy and multiple other important players to this team. This is more important because it keeps the future and hope alive, hopefully TD can actually hit on some picks for the defense. A strong elite defense will always be in the mix for contention all they need is an above average QB to compliment them. Or i'm sure some of you would rather resign Ryan to a mega deal and cripple this franchise for the next decade.

I can't tell if you're really this stupid or are you serious? Lol

Jesus man..you should be our gm. Lets trade away a top 10 franchise qb and start a UDFA that has never played in a real nfl game. That's the quickest way to a Lombardi. Lol you are really ******* stupid. Its almost insulting

Look how much promise joe webb showed until he actually stepped into a REAL nfl game...

We all saw what happened

If davis, renferee , doege (or whoever you want to start at qb) becomes good they will also want a fat contract when its time for their extension. You will NEVER get a Lombardi by trading away franchise qbs because they want a extension

kane#7 likes this

For all the talk Matt Ryan deep ball improved drastically , I would say it improved slightly he still threw less 20+ passes and 40+ pass plays under Koetter than he did with Mularkey

A lot of Ryan's weapons are really overlooked also. Ryan's deep ball completion percentage drops if he is passing to the Chief's Wr's. Roddy, Julio, TG would make Alex Smith look like a franchise quarterback. At this point it's just about finding the cheaper option. Davis is the cheaper option, if we tank with him then the Falcons can pursue an FA QB, maybe Smith while also using our draft pick to build a better team. At this point in time the Falcons have one last shot, the window closes after this year and then it will be time to make some drastic repairs on what is already a weak foundation.

Bruce Banner likes this

Look how much promise joe webb showed until he actually stepped into a REAL nfl game...

We all saw what happened

What does Joe Webb have to do with Davis apart from skin color? He had little to no prospects as an NFL QB. DD is raw but is being groomed properly and has all the right tools to be succesful in the NFL.

A lot of Ryan's weapons are really overlooked also. Ryan's deep ball completion percentage drops if he is passing to the Chief's Wr's. Roddy, Julio, TG would make Alex Smith look like a franchise quarterback. At this point it's just about finding the cheaper option. Davis is the cheaper option, if we tank with him then the Falcons can pursue an FA QB, maybe Smith while also using our draft pick to build a better team. At this point in time the Falcons have one last shot, the window closes after this year and then it will be time to make some drastic repairs on what is already a weak foundation.

Ryan was the most accurate qb in the nfl in 2012. You don't think that has a lot to do with how good they were? ?? Ryan made his recievers look good at bc. He did well enough to be the 1st qb drafted

What does Joe Webb have to do with Davis apart from skin color? He had little to no prospects as an NFL QB. DD is raw but is being groomed properly and has all the right tools to be succesful in the NFL.

How to you differentiate between DD and Webb on this aspect?

Didnt Webb play behind Brett Favre?

So you want to trade away a top 10 qb for a guy who has potential ? Do you really think that's smart? Webb was a guy with a good arm, mobility and Vikings fans thought highly of him until he stepped into a real game.

If davis becomes good and wants a fat extension do we trade him and start the process over?

You think that's a good way to build a successful franchise?

Look at all the most successful franchises. They all have franchise qbs. They aren't trading away franchise qbs because of money

Ryan was the most accurate qb in the nfl in 2012. You don't think that has a lot to do with how good they were? ?? Ryan made his recievers look good at bc. He did well enough to be the 1st qb drafted

Ryan is not making the receivers look good nor is the receivers making Ryan look good. Each would be good without the other.

Roddy had 1000 yd season before Ryan I believe. TG had great seasons with lesser QBs at KC. JJ was a beast with a mediocre QB in college.

For all the talk Matt Ryan deep ball improved drastically , I would say it improved slightly he still threw less 20+ passes and 40+ pass plays under Koetter than he did with Mularkey

Actually Ryan tied his career high 40+ yard passes with 10 in 2012.

As for 20+ yard passes, he had 46 passes which is his 2nd most in his career behind his 2011 total with 55.

Actually Ryan tied his career high 40+ yard passes with 10 in 2012.

As for 20+ yard passes, he had 46 passes which is his 2nd most in his career behind his 2011 total with 55.

What Koetter did was adding the screen pass. Which to be very honest is just as deadly and effective as the deep ball. MM was to chicken to try them.

Ryan is not making the receivers look good nor is the receivers making Ryan look good. Each would be good without the other.

Roddy had 1000 yd season before Ryan I believe. TG had great seasons with lesser QBs at KC. Roddy was a beast with a mediocre QB in college.

I agree.