5 Things We Learned Today At Otas

Statick

5 things we learned today at OTAs

060613_falcons_CC8.jpg

Falcons running back Steven Jackson runs an agility drill during practice.

• June 1, 2013By D. Orlando Ledbetter

• FLOWERY BRANCH – The Falcons hit the halfway mark of their Organized Team Activities on Wednesday. “I really like the way that the guys have been working,” Falcons coach Mike Smith said. “I think it’s been very competitive through the first half of the OTAs. There are some positions that are more competitive than others. With the offensive line, I really like the competition that we have there.”

Here are five things that we learned from the open session on Wednesday.

• Philipkeith Manley, once considered a possibility to start at right guard, in his a fight to save his once promising NFL career. (hmmm, wonder why...)
  • AJC columnist Jeff Schultz will not be allowed in the locker room with the mandatory cameras for pre-game.
  • Running back Steven Jackson is fitting in just fine with the new offense.
  • The new Number 55 (linebacker Nick Clancy) is not as fast as the old No. 55 (John Abraham).
  • Second-string quarterback Dominique Davis appears just fine moving the second-team offense.

Didnt know AJC has a twitter like word limit for their articles now...geez, cant believe people get paid to do such sub-blog **** work

Lol I thought he was doing the Pat Y: my article is a link to 5 other other articles but Led only linked to one.

"The new 55 isnt as fast as the old 55." Seriously? That's what he learned watching a whole practice.

When (if ever) was Manley considered for starting RG?

I do not remember reading anything like that.

He was on TATF. He made the roster last year after GR went on IR, spent some time on PS prior to that. He will be probably fighting for a roster spot, not sure if he can beat out Hawley or Mike Johnson.

Guest Negatorris

I'm looking forward to seeing Domonique Davis and the rookies in pre-season. Should be fun to watch how they operate. I'm pretty sure DD is going to beast out there and increase his trade value.