Sean Lee Wants To Stay With The Cowboys

Rave

Sean Lee wants to stay with the Cowboys

June, 5, 2013

Jun 5

10:30

AM CT

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas – Sean Lee is entering the final year of his contract. The Cowboys have ample salary-cap room to sign one of their defensive captains to a new deal.

In the recent past, the Cowboys have been able to lock up players to new contracts in training camp. But Lee, who is set to make $630,000 this season, is not paying much attention to any talks.

“I would love to stay in Dallas,” Lee said. “I love this organization, love playing for the fans and this city, but when it comes to that, that’s not what my focus is on at all. It’s being the best I can be, helping us win and hopefully when that happens it happens, that stuff will play itself out.”

The Cowboys have been in talks with Jordan Woy about a longer-term deal for defensive end Anthony Spencer. With the franchise tag, Spencer is counting $10.6 million against the cap. A multi-year deal would lower that number and give the Cowboys more room this year, which they could use on players such as Lee, Dez Bryant or even Tyron Smith and/or Bruce Carter. They could also choose to carry over money to the 2014 cap when they will face another crunch that will require more restructuring.

There's no way they let Sean Lee walk. He has been injured, but the guy is a monster. He breaks off the snap and zeroes toward the ball like hes in the other teams huddle.

In OTAs they were watching Frederick, our rookie C, having to go against Lee. They were saying that Lee was one step behind Frederick before he came out of his stance.

Lee is a freak of an athlete, Im just glad hes not one to leave for "greener pastures".

In OTAs they were watching Frederick, our rookie C, having to go against Lee. They were saying that Lee was one step behind Frederick before he came out of his stance.

Lee is a freak of an athlete, Im just glad hes not one to leave for "greener pastures".

practicing against guys like that will be good for Fredrick in the long run

practicing against guys like that will be good for Fredrick in the long run

Exactly what I was thinking. Same with Smith going against Ware these last 2 years.

Also, Lee is only making $630k, man is he underpaid, ph34r.png

Not playing in 3-4 will help him and carter IMO.

May hurt Ware, but I'm not sure if he has a spot on the roster in a couple years.

Especially if spencer gets re-upped.

I like Lee but....

Carter is this teams best linebacker after this upcoming season.

Crosses fingers.

Hoping these guys stay on the field all season.

Agreed, like them both, but Carter is clearly the more athletic.

Guest Masbinacci

Bump... I'm bumping any post that is football talk an not drama.

One way to quit the drama, is to stop caring and replying to it. Let these fools talk among their self and stay out of it. (they eventually die off)

That's my two cents. Now enjoy all the football bumps.

Guest Masbinacci

Jerry has some deep pockets but the Cowboys are strapped. But they have some talent so its not a bad choice to wanna stay there.

they should have their full cap max, right?

remember redskins and cowboys had to take a max cap pay cut, for front loading all those contract....... I wonder if they are still in affect

anyone know

they should have their full cap max, right?

remember redskins and cowboys had to take a max cap pay cut, for front loading all those contract....... I wonder if they are still in affect

anyone know

I thought they got some relief in June. But the backloaded contracts where what was gonna kill them with dead money.