Antrel Rolle Takes Shot At The Cowboys

Rave

Antrel Rolle takes shot at the Cowboys

June, 5, 2013

Jun 5

2:04

PM CT

By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

Tuesday afternoon's mess at Valley Ranch garnered plenty of attention, even in New York.

Giants safety Antrel Rolle had some strong comments regarding the Cowboys, who on Tuesday saw Jerry Jones imply that Bill Callahan would take over play-calling duties, which Callahan later confirmed and Jason Garrett avoided addressing. Jones also said Tony Romo was unlikely to participate in the veteran minicamp next week, yet Garrett said he wasn't so sure.

"The Dallas Cowboys are a good team," Rolle said on NFL Network. "Maybe they're missing a couple pieces of the puzzle, but I don't think the pieces they're missing are actually the players."

The Giants and the Cowboys both missed the playoffs last season, so maybe Rolle doesn't have much room to talk. Then again, Rolle is one of the highest-paid safeties in the league and has a Super Bowl title on his résumé, so he can say what he wants.

Hence why Im not mad. I thought he was popping off when I saw the article. Then I read it and Im like, "whats wrong with telling the truth". This guy is on the field with our players twice a year. If anyone has an insight into what we are its the players in our division.

Jerry, this is a wake up call, if you can hear it.

Jerry, this is a wake up call, if you can hear it.

I DIDN'T SEE ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT HIS COMMENTS EITHER. I WAS EXPECTING TO SEE A MIGHTY TONGUE LASHING LAMBASMENT AGAINST THE COWBOYS. ALL IN ALL, HIS COMMENTS WERE KIND OF GENEROUS.

Although I could care less about what a giants players says/thinks.

Because if I remember correctly coughlin was on his way out of NY before the giants turned it on and made that miracle run.

Did that happen because coaching/management finally get things right the last quarter of the season?

Or was it because they were the benefactors of a ton stuff going their way?

The dude just saw the media circus caused by one Jerry Jones and took his shot.

Don't blame the dude, but in the end it plays into Jerry's hands because in the end its the Dallas Cowboys he's talking about.

And Jerry always ways there no such thing as bad publicity.

What kind of miracle happens twice?

Good one. I thought the giants were lucky on their first Super Bowl win, but their second run makes me think differently.

DOC, YOU SET YOURSELFF UP FOR THAT ONE BIG-TIME. E32 WAS WAITING ON YOU. HE'S BEEN WAITING FOR AN OPENING ... AND YOU GAVE IT TO HIM ... AND HE DROPPED THE BIG ONE!