If We Dont Pickup Seymour Or Anyone Elese?

I've been disappointed with the DT for 2 years now.. No additional DT help coupled with the loss of Walker worries me. Mainly on push up the middle on pass plays.

Either they are high on Regis or one of the UDFAs

or they think Babs, Jerry, Peters, Robertson can do the job that they could not do last year even with Walker's help.

At a Loss.

Edited by delaigle

Comfortable with Peters and Babs as the starters. It's a long offseason, we'll pick up some DT help for the rotation.

DTs take more time to develop, that's a known (for the most part) Trav could look good, Jerry.. who knows, he is serviceable in the rotation at this point, I know nothing of Regis beyond speculation.

Does he have character concerns? Guy had 4 sacks in 09 and 6 in '10 iirc... that's pretty good

i'm sure there are a few knocks on him or he would still be w/ the Saints - probably not a good fit for the 3-4 though and that is probably one of the reasons the Aints let him go.

do you think we have what we can go with on the d line, i may be wrong but i get this feeling that our d-line and the new guys are going to fool some folks,.

I think they're 1.) Going to fool some folks, or 2.) Look like fools, or 3.) Make TD and the scout deparmtent look like fools. At any rate, it's foolish to speculate until we see what's up when they hit the field against the Taints in Game One of the new season. I may be fooling myself, but as pathetic as the DL has been the past couple years, I don't see how this new bunch could be as bad.

I think they're 1.) Going to fool some folks, or 2.) Look like fools, or 3.) Make TD and the scout deparmtent look like fools. At any rate, it's foolish to speculate until we see what's up when they hit the field against the Taints in Game One of the new season. I may be fooling myself, but as pathetic as the DL has been the past couple years, I don't see how this new bunch could be as bad.

yes I agree, but for some strange reason I feel a different wind blowing, I just wish we had a big fat nasty in the middle, even if we do get Seymour, I would like for our middle man to be even bigger and real mean!!!!! but who would that be???

Edited by j.lane lineman

We want know until the season start... Guys do get better.. To be honest.. I would rather save the cap... Let our young guys play... Let Matthews and/or Goodman rush from the inside on playing downs.

I cant lie.. Im not as high on Peters as some of you... I like Peters but ive always felt his thing is stopping the run .. He was the bieest difference between our 2011 and 2012 run defense... I like the fact that they asked him to bulk up some.. He can be even better at what i think he does best (and he is healthy) ... I think his play inside will determine alot dealing with our D-Line play

I am not sure of what Nolan's plan is about defense. If Dt was a big problem, like i and others think on the board, Nolan would have picked a DT in draft or FA. I was pretty sure they would pick a DT in second round, but they double dipped on CB.

I agree.. I felt like DT was a big need but the team doesnt think it is.... Again.. The D staff feeling like they can rush our bigger DE's inside may make them feel like that will help out the pass rush.

I think our D line will be fine. Peters was severely miss last season for the first 8 games or so. And Travian Robertson is about to get some more snaps. Guarantee it. Been saying it since Day 1 that he is going to be a solid player. They are high on him. Especially against the run. I guess some people forget that we subbed T-Rob in on goal line line D last year. For a guy who plays no snaps, but gets subbed in to play in that type of situation, tells me they value him as a big strong DT. I just hope he can put it all together and work his way into the rotation a bit more.

Edited by Clark Kent™

I agree.. I felt like DT was a big need but the team doesnt think it is.... Again.. Them feeling like they can rush our bigger DE's inside may make them feel like that will help out the pass rush.

I think you nailed it. And they may be right. I hope they are.

We want know until the season start... Guys do get better.. To be honest.. I would rather save the cap... Let our young guys play... Let Matthews and/or Goodman rush from the inside on playing downs.

I cant lie.. Im not as high on Peters as some of you... I like Peters but ive always felt his thing is stopping the run .. He was the bieest difference between our 2011 and 2012 run defense... I like the fact that they asked him to bulk up some.. He can be even better at what i think he does best (and he is healthy) ... I think his play inside will determine alot dealing with our D-Line play

agree atljbo - have always thought the "Peters Love" :D on this board was overdone - he is not what some of these guys think he is. Peters is not horrible but he's "just a guy"....he's OK, not a difference maker.