The Best And Worst Moves Of Thomas Dimitroff?

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best

1.Drafting Matt Ryan

2.Drafting Julio Jones

3.Signing Tony Gonzalez

4. Signing Michael Turner

5.Drafting Spoon and Willy Mo

6.Signing Asante Samuel

The worst

1.Ray Edwards

2.Peria Jerry

3. Cutting Abe

Cutting Abe.... People need to let go man. Waiting and waiting and signing him late last year was inspired work.

Jerry tore his knee up, i'm not putting that on TD bro.

If you look on the other side, Spoon needs to become that bit more for it to be a 'great move'. Based on value alone Kroy is a better pick.

TD has been exceptional.... The obvious and huge anomaly is Ray freaking Edwards.

Get ready to add steven jackson to the list of good moves. Osi... Call me cautiously optimisitic.

Too early to call the draft class, but 2 starting corners in 2-3 years would be monumental. One boom one bust... about average. And man alive lord knows we want to hit the jackpot on one of the rushers.

Cutting Abe.... People need to let go man. Waiting and waiting and signing him late last year was inspired work.

Jerry tore his knee up, i'm not putting that on TD bro.

If you look on the other side, Spoon needs to become that bit more for it to be a 'great move'. Based on value alone Kroy is a better pick.

TD has been exceptional.... The obvious and huge anomaly is Ray freaking Edwards.

Get ready to add steven jackson to the list of good moves. Osi... Call me cautiously optimisitic.

Too early to call the draft class, but 2 starting corners in 2-3 years would be monumental. One boom one bust... about average. And man alive lord knows we want to hit the jackpot on one of the rushers.

Jerry had knee problems in collage so question drafting him that hight so not a good move.

Best Ryan

Worst Anderson

Anderson isn't on TD.

Not extending Grimes way back when. Dumb move.

Not extending grimes was a GREAT move and I was a BIG graimes supporter but he got a big head.

"Hindsight is a darn sight better sight than foresight."

We can all look back and see the good moves and bad moves.

But few of us can look forward and see the good moves and bad moves.

Glad I'm not in TD shoes and have to look forward ALL the time.

Edited by delaigle

The best - Hiring Mike Smith, signing Michael Turner, trading a pittance for Asante Samuel to not risk the Curtis Lofton compensation pick, trading for Gonzo.

The worst - Trading up for Sam Baker, signing Dunta Robinson, trading up for Julio Jones, inability to address pass rush through course of time in Atlanta

Qualifier - Chose only decisions where Dimitroff didn't take the safe route.

"Hindsight is a darn sight better sight than foresight."

We can all look back and see the good moves and bad moves.

But few of us can look forward and see the good moves and bad moves.

Glad I'm not in TD shoes and have to look forward ALL the time.

Some how your missing the point he was and still is touted as a great GM with knowledge of drafting out of collage. Not a matter of looking back its a FACT he just isn't all that !!!

Now if you want some of TD's misses how about Jimmy Graham we drafted Peters and while he has talent if he had taken graham then look how good we would be now.

Or in 2009 when he took Jelly hes passed on Hakeem Hicks or James Laurinaitis or LeSean McCoy. T

TD thanks for the memories

We had just acquired Tony Gonzalez so there is no way we were going to spend a 3rd rounder on another TE. Pulling random value picks is not fair to TD as you can do that with any GM.

I'm talking about years ago, not this past season.

Smh @ "he got a big head"

If he had extended first time around we would have a BIG question make at one CB positon. coming off A sever injury and still getting paid. Again thanks but no thanks

SMH at the comment if he didn'T get a big head what do you call it. !!!!!

Edited by falcons faithful

The best - Hiring Mike Smith, signing Michael Turner, trading a pittance for Asante Samuel to not risk the Curtis Lofton compensation pick, trading for Gonzo.

The worst - Trading up for Sam Baker, signing Dunta Robinson, trading up for Julio Jones, inability to address pass rush through course of time in Atlanta

Qualifier - Chose only decisions where Dimitroff didn't take the safe route.

Are you seriously listing the Julio trade as one of TD's worst moves?

If he had extended first time around we would have a BIG question make at one CB positon. coming off A sever injury and still getting paid. Again thanks but no thanks

SMH at the comment if he didn'T get a big head what do you call it. !!!!!

What do you call what? What did Brent Grimes do?

Some how your missing the point he was and still is touted as a great GM with knowledge of drafting out of collage. Not a matter of looking back its a FACT he just isn't all that !!!

my point is we can all judge TD on his past moves

However I want you to judge him NOW on his 2014 and 2015 moves. Are you ready to do that ???

awful move . The Ravens didnt trade for Julio did they and they just won a Super Bowl

stop thinking fantasy football and sport enter highlights equals = championship

Dude, go back to AintsReport.com and GTFO our board. No one here cares about you opinion of TD. You can go discuss how Loomis traded a 1 and a 2 for Mark Ingram.

Edited by Thai Falcon

We had just acquired Tony Gonzalez so there is no way we were going to spend a 3rd rounder on another TE. Pulling random value picks is not fair to TD as you can do that with any GM.

Are YOU seriously saying that because we had just signed tony we didn't need another TE to learn under him. This year we signed USI using your logic why did we draft TWO DE one in fourth and one in fifth. Because we can always use talent.