R.i.p Deacon Jones

mvcrook

The man who mastered the Head Slap has passed on.

One of the toughests SOBs to play the game.

YES HE DID. DEC WOULD HIT THAT HELMIT RIGHT OVER THE EAR HOLE, IT WOULD STOP UP THE PLAYERS EAR, DISORIENT HIM. DEACON JONES ALSO INVENTED THE TERM "QB SACK." HE SAID YOU HIT QB'S SO HARD THEY THINK THEY'VE BEEN PUT IN A SACK AND SOMEONE WAS BEATING THE SACK. THE DEACON WAS ONE BAD MAN ..... BARE-NOON. SAY IT AIN'T SO .. SAY IT AIN'T SO.

YES HE DID. DEC WOULD HIT THAT HELMIT RIGHT OVER THE EAR HOLE, IT WOULD STOP UP THE PLAYERS EAR, DISORIENT HIM. DEACON JONES ALSO INVENTED THE TERM "QB SACK." HE SAID YOU HIT QB'S SO HARD THEY THINK THEY'VE BEEN PUT IN A SACK AND SOMEONE WAS BEATING THE SACK. THE DEACON WAS ONE BAD MAN ..... BARE-NOON. SAY IT AIN'T SO .. SAY IT AIN'T SO.

Yes he did! Too bad they outlawed the Head Slap, but had they not we'd be looking at a lot of O-lineman with severe head trauma.

DANG JB, ALL MY GUYS ARE DROPPING LIKE FLIES.

AND I AM IN THE ON DECK CIRCLE. SO BE IT.

Tell me about it! He was 74, we gotta make good use of what little time we have left. I just hope I'll still be around to witness the BUCS win ANOTHER Lombardi Trophy!wink.png

First football player to ever scare me.

As a kid, he looked like the meanest SOB the tundra could ever create.

Later on, I found out he was a really sweet guy.

The Fearsome Foursome is in heaven now.

Running down QBs, just for the hunt.

First football player to ever scare me.

As a kid, he looked like the meanest SOB the tundra could ever create.

Later on, I found out he was a really sweet guy.

The Fearsome Foursome is in heaven now.

Running down QBs, just for the hunt.

Rosie Greer's still alive! He's now 80, but still with us.

THE FEARSOME FOURSOME WERE 4 BAD DUDES. YOU DON'T SEE DEFENSIVE FRONTS WITH 4 BAD DUDES ANY MORE. ONE OR TWO, MAYBE THREE, BUT YOU NEVER SEE 4 ANYMORE. MIGHT BE THIS FREE AGENT THING. ITS HARDER TO KEEP THEM TOGETHER NOW.

THE FEARSOME FOURSOME WERE 4 BAD DUDES. YOU DON'T SEE DEFENSIVE FRONTS WITH 4 BAD DUDES ANY MORE. ONE OR TWO, MAYBE THREE, BUT YOU NEVER SEE 4 ANYMORE. MIGHT BE THIS FREE AGENT THING. ITS HARDER TO KEEP THEM TOGETHER NOW.

Fearsome Foursome

Steel Curtain

Purple People Eaters

Doomsday Defense

When football was football, and they hadn't yet put quarterbacks & wide receivers in skirts, bras & panties!

Wow, I just had it in my head that dude was dead.

My favorite Rosie story was that he was the guy who ripped the gun from Sihans hands when Sirhan killed Kennedy.

Fearsome Foursome

Steel Curtain

Purple People Eaters

Doomsday Defense

When football was football, and they hadn't yet put quarterbacks & wide receivers in skirts, bras & panties!

All monster defenses worthy of their monikers.

Dont forget the "no-name" defense though... them boys brought the wood as well and have the Lombardis to show for it.

Guest Masbinacci

Bump... I'm bumping any post that is football talk an not drama.

One way to quit the drama, is to stop caring and replying to it. Let these fools talk among their self and stay out of it. (they eventually die off)

That's my two cents. Now enjoy all the football bumps.

True bump for a great player that i never got see