Nfl Legend Deacon Jones Died

Rosey Grier was acquired from the New York Giants in 1963 to join Lamar Lundy, Merlin Olsen and Deacon Jones as the Los Angeles Rams starting defensive line. They also became known as the Fearsome Foursome. **** Butkus called them "the most dominant line in football history." And my Aunt J dated Rosey who was from Cuthbert, GA. He later became an actor like Merlin Olsen. Still none of em beat more NFL azz than Deacon "Beat Yo Azz" Jones. RIP bro.

RIP Deacon.

Man was hilarious to hear talk about the new rule changes and how much softer the NFL is now. He would always use the head slap I believe which has been illegal for a while.

One of the last interviews I heard from him he was talking about hitting guys and said "if the guy got up, great, if he didn't get up, great"

He is likely the all time sack leader, but it wasn't an official stat back then.

Guest Masbinacci

I don't know him. But listening to how many sacks this guy had, sounds like he was one guy you did not want to see across from you.

RIP Deacon Jones. Ive been looking forward to one day meeting him out playing golf (i've heard of several people who have met him playing golf). One of the greatest defensive players i've ever seen and I've also heard that he was one of the nicest men you'd ever meet.

Guest Gritz

One of the first superstars in the NFL to come from a couple of smaller schools too.....South Carolina State and Mississippi Vocational.

Played with an intense passion that seems to be sorely lacking from the bulk of NFL players today.

Rest in peace Deacon. You were a superstar who added flavor to the game.