About This Seymour Fella....

E. T.

Do you guys feel that if signed, Seymour will give us 100%? I'm having mixed feelings about him. He has said he will retire if the price is not right and if anyone knows how the Falcons negotiate...this deal may fail. It seems he is all about the money at this point of his career since he has already had some championships under his belt.

I seriously think Babs, Peters, Jerry, and all other DT's need to get it in gear and step it up!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he will sign.

1. He is a hair too young to retire and is healthy.

2. Atlanta residency.

3. He would want to get the Oakland taste out his mouth.

4. Playing for a contender.

5. We should have enough money.

6. We need someone that can push the pocket to both improve our pass rush and limit the option.

I disagree with that comparison. Jackson has still produced very good numbers recently. Seymour has not. Comparing Turner with Seymour might be a little closer

what are you talking about? seymours career high in sacks is 8. his last healthy year in 2011 he had 6. last year he had 3 in 8 games. those are high quality numbers from the dt position when you just look at sacks....

I disagree with that comparison. Jackson has still produced very good numbers recently. Seymour has not. Comparing Turner with Seymour might be a little closer

If Seymour plays at 80% of his Patriots days ... That would be enough for this team. We are not Oakland.

I think he is past his prime and people are in love with the Seymour from 5 years ago, not the Seymour that exists now

Seymour had 3 sacks in 8 games last year, before being injured. Babineaux, Jerry, and Peters combined for 3.5 sacks all last year (all Babineaux). Seymour played at a Pro Bowl level in 2011. I don't see the big decline, or why he wouldn't be an upgrade.

Edited by Phillipkeith Manley

I think he will sign.

1. He is a hair too young to retire and is healthy.

2. Atlanta residency.

3. He would want to get the Oakland taste out his mouth.

4. Playing for a contender.

5. We should have enough money.

6. We need someone that can push the pocket to both improve our pass rush and limit the option.

I see what you are saying, and some of those signs point to him signing here... but I just think we might be getting into another "Ray Edwards" type of deal. All money and no production or leadership. Hope im wrong but ......

I see what you are saying, and some of those signs point to him signing here... but I just think we might be getting into another "Ray Edwards" type of deal. All money and no production or leadership. Hope im wrong but ......

He could have pulled a Ray Edwards in Oakland if that were the case. He wasn't happy about being traded there at first, yet still went on to play at a high level for 3 years, even after getting paid.

Seymour had 3 sacks in 8 games last year, before being injured. Babineaux, Jerry, and Peters combined for 3.5 sacks all last year (all Babineaux). Seymour played at a Pro Bowl level in 2011. I don't see the big decline, or why he wouldn't be an upgrade.

Babs got 3 sacks in first 5 games when he was playing as 3 tech DT same as Richard Seymour. Babs numbers took a dive after he started playing LDE because Ray getting benched and cut. Richard Seymour will most likely be a part time guy on snap count. I wouldn't pay him more than 2-3 M at most.

If Seymour plays at 80% of his Patriots days ... That would be enough for this team. We are not Oakland.

Seymour was on snap count last year even when healthy, if he was part time player on a Raiders team, it should say something. He will help this team but most likely a guy on the rotation and hopefully can make some big plays.

Love all my current and former Bulldogs but... Seymour is an old, injury-prone DT who will be overpaid just to sit on azz the whole season...

It's ridiculous how much hype he's getting on this board...

I have to agree to some extent, he will probably help the Falcons but I am not sure if he is a full time starter.

He isn't all about the money. He just needs a certain amount to be able to put his body through another NFL season. Just like Tony. No one is question what TG's effort will be like this year despite the fact that he needed a significant sum to play this year. I'm convinced that once he is in he is the kinda guy that will give it his all.

Heck anyone that plays as hard as he did for those comical Raider teams isn't a worry in my book.

I have to agree to some extent, he will probably help the Falcons but I am not sure if he is a full time starter.

34 year-old DTs don't usually have a good reputation in being successful. I'm sure he'd get a sack or two, but highly doubt he would make an impact.

34 year-old DTs don't usually have a good reputation in being successful. I'm sure he'd get a sack or two, but highly doubt he would make an impact.

Warren Sapp age 34 = 10 Sacks

John Randle age 34= 11 sacks

Randy White age 34= 6 sacks

Plus guys like Bob Lilly, Joe Greene, Alan Page and most other HOF DT(there really aren't very many) played into their mid to late 30's and from everything I can find played well. Can't get their sack stats as they didn't track them then.

Seymour is considered Canton bound and aside from a hammy injury has shown little sign of slowing down.

DL guys, especially the best ones, seem to age better than any other position.

Edited by Cam Topdrew Bottom