Its Falcons Rushmore Voting Time!

lilhoney

I started that thread because I got my idea from PFT. But now the real voting is open, my spanky toy.

Do they actually say who wins the poll? Seems like they always say they are voting for some team. But i dont recall seeing who wins any teams.

It may seem too soon, but I'll go ahead and put Matt Ryan up there. He's arguably the best QB the team's ever had. What with the team never having a single back to back winning season and all before 2008. Then I'll go White--all time Falcons reception leader. Deion Sanders, because 'nuff said. And guess I'll throw in Tuggle too.

It pains me to see Vick making people's list...

Edited by Da Bird is Da Word

Do they actually say who wins the poll? Seems like they always say they are voting for some team. But i dont recall seeing who wins any teams.

I dunno, I just go to that site for entertainment, Mike Florio and the posters there are pretty uninformed. Thy have made a big deal out of this for so long I think they will post results though

I am surprised Rankin Smith isnt on the list. I don't care if he sucked, he helped get the team here.

Bart

Nobis

Sanders

Van Note

Some of you younger fans may not know much about Tommy Nobis or Jeff Van Note, but they were about all the Falcons had back in the 60's & early 70's, and they were very, very good.

Edited by jb 3.0

It pains me to see Vick making people's list...

NEVER FORGET, WHEN MIKE VICK GOT HERE, WE WERE DEAD IN THE WATER. HE BROUGHT THIS TEAM BACK TO LIFE. PUTTING ALL THE NEGATIVE STUFF ASIDE, HE DID A LOT FOR US. SOME PEOPLE REMEMBER THAT. BUT .... JUST AS HE BROUGHT US BACK TO LIFE ..... HE KILLED US AGAIN. BE THAT AS IT MAY, I AIN'T MAD AT MIKE. MOE' POWER TO HIM. I WISH HIM WELL.

Bart

Nobis

Sanders

Van Note

Some of you younger fans may not know much about Tommy Nobis or Jeff Van Note, but they were about all the Falcons had back in the 60's & early 70's, and they were very, very good.

DANG JB, YOU GOT SOME GOOD ONES ON THERE.

NEVER FORGET, WHEN MIKE VICK GOT HERE, WE WERE DEAD IN THE WATER. HE BROUGHT THIS TEAM BACK TO LIFE. PUTTING ALL THE NEGATIVE STUFF ASIDE, HE DID A LOT FOR US. SOME PEOPLE REMEMBER THAT. BUT .... JUST AS HE BROUGHT US BACK TO LIFE ..... HE KILLED US AGAIN. BE THAT AS IT MAY, I AIN'T MAD AT MIKE. MOE' POWER TO HIM. I WISH HIM WELL.

Truth. Vick gave us more good times than bad. I don't necessarily wish him well, but I'll never discount his contribution to our team while he was here, either.

Like I said, the falcons don't have a MT Rushmore... they have a Lincoln Memorial at best...

and his name be Jessie Tuggle...

EVERY TEAM has those 4 Best! Including the Falcons. I know I give you guys a lotta ****, but I remember years ago watching the Falcons back in the late 60's and early 70's and it seemed every time I watched them, which was rarely because I was living on the west coast, the Falcons would upset someone. Usually the Vikings, who were very, very good back then.

cant believe I put Sanders on there

just 3 yrs ago I Bashed him for all he was worth lol

and thats alot , esp if you are Redskins lol

But since he went to Canton as a Falcon, and has clearly embraced the team he once threw to the curb...

Guess the best Cover Corner of all time has a spot lol

Ryan? REALLY??? Over all those other guys? Like Bartkowski & Van Note? Somebodies really drinking the Kool-Aid.wink.png

Falcons had never had back to back winning seasons, ever. Ryan led Falcons have never had a losing season. He's the best QB to play for the Falcons in their history. Yes, that means I believe he's better than Bart/Chandler/Vick (not counting Favre)

Let's not pretend that his career is over entering his 6th season. IMHO, Ryan will go down as the greatest Falcon ever, even surpassing Tuggle.

How is that for homerism?