Richard Seymour / Dunta Robinson.............similar Outcome ?

Bring It

Was thinking about all the Hoopla of the possibility of signing Seymour. Maybe it would turn out too much like the Robinson experience........................signing a so called "Star Player" for all the wrong reasons, like the hometown feel good flavor, etc. I'm thinking the front office will only sign him if the "price" is right.................................like in CHEAP "right". Just a thought.

What? We needed a corner badly and D-Rob at the time was the best FA CB. If we wanted him we had to overpay. He might not have played up to his contact, but he was still worth getting. He helped us more than he hurt.

Seymour is at the end of his career. If we add him it's more like adding Tony G. High priced for 1 year.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports talks between the Falcons and free agent DT Richard Seymour are in a holding pattern.

GM Thomas Dimitroff has acknowledged the Falcons are keeping in touch with the former Raider and Patriot, but Rapoport reports the talks have led to "nothing at this point." It's almost certainly because Seymour's price isn't right. The Falcons have $6.3 million in cap space, and Seymour would expect to procure a good chunk of it.

Related: Falcons

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter Jun 3 - 11:01 AM

Guest Masbinacci

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports talks between the Falcons and free agent DT Richard Seymour are in a holding pattern.

GM Thomas Dimitroff has acknowledged the Falcons are keeping in touch with the former Raider and Patriot, but Rapoport reports the talks have led to "nothing at this point." It's almost certainly because Seymour's price isn't right. The Falcons have $6.3 million in cap space, and Seymour would expect to procure a good chunk of it.

Related: Falcons

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter Jun 3 - 11:01 AM

last time we were in a hold, it took two weeks......Looking at you, Osi.

I think he meant the " Home Town" theme. We needed a corner bad and had no leverage. in this situation, we'll be ok regardless. I'd like to add another Superbowl champ to our team though, if possible. Seymour also played for the Raiders so he's probably ready to win again.

Guest Masbinacci

Unlike Robinson, Seymour actually has a pretty consistent history of being a good player.

Robinson had zero you mean?

plese tell me how all his seasons sucked.

Robinson had zero you mean?

plese tell me how all his seasons sucked.

How did you get "he never had a good season" from what I said.

His seasons in 2008 and 2009 were piss poor. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt in 2008, but 2009 was just bad, and he never improved here. Last year was his best season with us, and it wasn't good regardless of the number on his contract.