If Knowshon Moreno Gets Cut By Denver I Wouldn't Mind Signing Him. Thoughts?

MSalmon

http://www.fftoolbox.com/football/nfl_news.cfm?news_id=5375

Ok, before I get the Dawg Homer-tag thrown at me, let me explain:)

Moreno certainly has not played upto his first round draft status, but he's produced fairly well (when given playing time) and has pretty good hands. He's probably getting cut because the Broncos have Hillman and just drafted Ball.

Would you bring in Moreno and give him a shot to compete? Lets be honest, do we really want a Quiz and Snelling combo if SJax got hurt?

Thoughts

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moreno is good but he's really just a bigger Quizz. He can make people miss, catch, and block. We would have to cut another back to get him. Snelling or Smith. Plus if Moreno doesn't get time on offense, he isn't a special team guy. He'll get paid to much not to play. I would love to have a DAWG on our team though.

Moreno is good but he's really just a bigger Quizz. He can make people miss, catch, and block. We would have to cut another back to get him. Snelling or Smith. Plus if Moreno doesn't get time on offense, he isn't a special team guy. He'll get paid to much not to play. I would love to have a DAWG on our team though.

I do see the Quizz comparison. I honestly have no clue if he plays STs. He may have to now, no one is going to give him a big contract

We have one starting caliber we have a decent back up type and a jack of all trades type that might be on the bubble......If Jackson or Qizz get hurt we are VERY thin at running back

Yup. Antoine Smith ain't the answer. Maybe Wingo or Josh Vaughn work out but they're long shots. I wouldn't mind a third vet rb regardless who it is

Guest Masbinacci

We have enough rbs on our roster

I could care less. I would take him and cut smith.

I Know smith is good on ST.

Heck i love Snelling.... But i would still take moreno.

Face it snelling is not getting anywhere on this team. Regardless how we feel.

Face it Smith is just ST.

I would rather give someone else a shot the falcons might use to a better need.

Just not quit the right fit at his salary.

He'll get cut for his salary. He won't be a big contract guy. He hasn't displayed elite burst or long speed to warrant a big contract.

BTW if we signed him or another back, he's probably the 3rd back and might get a few carries

Agree

I'd rather draft a RB in the 2nd round.

That's fine next year. We're kinda thin this year

No one is a bigger Dawg than me (except maybe Hairy Dawg :D) and I would be very meh about this. There are a lot of positions where if someone goes down, we are in a really ****** situation (WR, RB, QB, DT, etc) ... so signing someone who might eat up a good bit of cap just for a backup on a "maybe" factor is very iffy. Not a TD-type move imo.

If anything I see us cutting Smith and signing Wingo on an incentive based contract

He'd be an improvement over Snelling at the #3 RB spot, but I'd prefer to use the cap space on players that would make a greater impact or simply saving it for next season's cap rollover.

This would be the deciding factor for me, as well. How much cap space does he eat up? Totally agree he'd be a huge upgrade over Snelling

After the starting RB, thats pretty much the same situation for most of the league.

Checked rosters like Denver or New Orleans lately? Always best to have 3 backs that can help carry the load if necessary. Antoine Smith is terrible--strictly STs. Snelling is getting older and hasn't been anything special despite the love fest he gets on this board.

We have one starting caliber we have a decent back up type and a jack of all trades type that might be on the bubble......If Jackson or Qizz get hurt we are VERY thin at running back

if Ryan gets hurt we will be thin at QB. Heck if Brady and Rodgers get hurt the Pats and Packers will be thin at QB too. I mean we can play the if game for every team

This would be the deciding factor for me, as well. How much cap space does he eat up? Totally agree he'd be a huge upgrade over Snelling

I don't know if Moreno is upgrade over Snelling either. His run and receiving numbers till 2011. look similar to Snelling and that being a lead back.

The only way Snelling is going anywhere is if someone in front of him gets hurt. Would be the exact same situation for Moreno here and in that case I would rather stick with the guy I know in Snelling. Snells has produce at pretty much the exact same rate per touch and fumbles wayyy less.

Plus I trust Snelling as a blocker and on ST.

Filling in for an injured and real old Willis McGahee, Moreno produced more than half a yard less per touch. The guy just isn't all that good.

Edited by Cam Topdrew Bottom