Where Will Zeke Motta Play?

I see a lot of people on here speculating whether Motta will be a LB, Safety, etc...

Where do you see him fitting in? Me personally - I think he is hard to categorize (which may not be a good thing).

Seems too weak (11 225 reps) to stop the run effectively in the NFL, yet also seems too stiff to play proper safety...

Having a hard time seeing where he lines up in an NFL defense.

He'll probably play safety. I think folks are reaching when they suggest he will play LB. He will be a strong ST guy as well

Agree. Maybe that rover role that Nolan uses with Moore. Theoretically, he could get bigger and move to LB. he could easily carry 230-235 lbs.

But don't necessarily give up on him developing into a crushing SS--starter if Moore or Decoud decline (Moore can play either if its Decoud)

Check this link about Rodnry Harrison

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=328301

I don't think bench press is an indication for how good someone is at stopping the run. I think he'll compete for the backup SS spot and will be a special teams core player if he makes the 53. I don't think we should have any higher expectations for a 7th round comp pick.

Motta better hope, he can make the team at safety first. He will primarily be a special teams player and may be run stopping safety to start off. There are not many Urlacher's in the NFL, Urlacher was 250 pounds when he came in to the NFL, and it was easy moving to LB with that weight and quickness.

I don't think bench press is an indication for how good someone is at stopping the run. I think he'll compete for the backup SS spot and will be a special teams core player if he makes the 53. I don't think we should have any higher expectations for a 7th round comp pick.

Agree. But he wouldn't be the first poor 40 time to start at SS. I like his game tape--he's not great in coverage but not horrible either. Definitely a big hitter and sure tackler. Should stick for STs

Agree. But he wouldn't be the first poor 40 time to start at SS. I like his game tape--he's not great in coverage but not horrible either. Definitely a big hitter and sure tackler. Should stick for STs

Yea I could see a long-term ST spot for him. He definitely is a good tackler and hits hard. I question his strength and his speed, though.

Seems like a waste to have Motta and Ishmael compete for one spot, I hope we consider moving Motta to LB.

I just don't see it man. He'd have to put on 25 lbs, and then learn to play with that extra weight. We'd be better off with Schiller or any of our other UDFAs. Going from 215 -> 240 is a huge jump, especially in terms of re-learning how to play as a LB with all that extra weight.

I believe he will be a solid special teams player..everything I have read about him is that he is a pretty good tackler..remember when kroy had to peats play special teams bc we had nobody that would tackle?!?!..I'm not sure if kroy still does it or not but I remember us having a poor special teams without him in it that year

I see a lot of people on here speculating whether Motta will be a LB, Safety, etc...

Where do you see him fitting in? Me personally - I think he is hard to categorize (which may not be a good thing).

Seems too weak (11 225 reps) to stop the run effectively in the NFL, yet also seems too stiff to play proper safety...

Having a hard time seeing where he lines up in an NFL defense.

You do realize there are more muscles in your body then just the three that are used to bench press right?? Basing somebodys strength off of a bench press is rediculous. To say the least.

You do realize there are more muscles in your body then just the three that are used to bench press right?? Basing somebodys strength off of a bench press is rediculous. To say the least.

A lot of tackling / bringing down a player is in the pushing/bench section of the muscle structure. Not as important as for say, a lineman, but still important. A LB with only 11 reps on bench is not necessarily a bust, but will have a harder time. Factor in people saying he should add 30 lbs and play LB on top of him being on the weaker side is just plain nuts imo...

Yea I could see a long-term ST spot for him. He definitely is a good tackler and hits hard. I question his strength and his speed, though.

Agree. Not a bad project guy, though. NFL conditioning and strength training could make a huge difference.

A lot of tackling / bringing down a player is in the pushing/bench section of the muscle structure. Not as important as for say, a lineman, but still important. A LB with only 11 reps on bench is not necessarily a bust, but will have a harder time. Factor in people saying he should add 30 lbs and play LB on top of him being on the weaker side is just plain nuts imo...

Again, NFL level nutrition and training makes a difference. Could he bulk up and be LB? Possible, but not probable. Watch the kid play he has good game speed. He's definitely a project, but 7th rounders usually are