What Are Your Expectations For Sjax/quizz In Rb Stats In 2013?

g-dawg

2013 - PROJECTED:

StevenJackson1.jpg

Steven Jackson (2013 - Projected):

245 carries, 1,078yds (4.4ypc) - 10 rushing TDs

40 receptions, 340yds (8.5ypr) - 2 receiving TDs

1,418 total yds and 12 TDs - SJAX totals

Jacquizz Rodgers (2013 - Projected):

100 carries, 390yds (3.9ypc) - 1 rushing TD

35 receptions, 280yds (8.0ypr) - 1 receiving TD

670 total yds and 2 TDs - Quizz totals

2,088 total yds - 14 TDs (projected)

2012 - Falcons:

11929536-standard.jpg

Michael Turner:

222 carries, 800yds (3.6ypc) - 10 rushing TDs

19 receptions, 128yds (6.7ypc) - 1 receiving TD

928 total yds, 11TDs - Michael Turner Totals

Jacquizz Rodgers:

94 carries, 362yds (3.9ypc) - 1 rushing TD

53 receptions, 402yds (7.6ypr - 1 receiving TD

764 total yds, 2TDs - Quizz Totals

1,692 total yds - 13 TDs

Projected RB Improvement from 2013 vs. 2012:

396 Yds (23% increase)

1 TD (8% increase)

Obviously this is just started to promote discussion. My projections don't really show much of an increase in TDs - but that was not really the point of signing Steven Jackson. To me, the point was being able to grind out games in 4th quarter with a lead which we could not do last year - also - to be harder for the defense to figure out play selection w/ personnel as both SJAX/Quizz are equally proficient in the passing game. Falcons should be able to convert more 3rd downs as well.

The 23% increase in total projected yards is obviously a significant stat. The projections for Steven Jackson are similiar to his career stats (1,126yds rushing per season and 370yds receiving per season) so this might seem optimistic - as SJAX is not the player now that he was 3-4 years ago - however, SJAX has been in a one-dimensional offense for most of his career and I think part of his diminished skills will be offset by defenses not being able to "key" on him as much. I would look for SJAX to start his decline in 2014 (maybe 20% decrease) but look for similiar production in 2013......

I think Quizz will get more touches and I think that will translate to 4-5 Tds.

I FULLY expect to see some formations with both Jackson And Quizz in the backfield

who are you taking off the field? Gonzalez? Julio? Roddy? i don't see it....this is not Chuck Knox or Leeman Bennett running our offense - this is Dirk Koetter.

I expect SJAX to get 20+ carries a game because that is just how Coach Smith operates. If he is the beast we all expect him to be, you know coach is going to keep feeding him to the point of over doing it. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jackson have 1300 plus yards and 400 plus receiving. I hope we limit his carries so he lasts through the playoffs, and the coaches will say they are going to, but I have my doubts they will follow through with that pledge when the bullets start flying.

I expect SJAX to get 20+ carries a game because that is just how Coach Smith operates. If he is the beast we all expect him to be, you know coach is going to keep feeding him to the point of over doing it. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jackson have 1300 plus yards and 400 plus receiving. I hope we limit his carries so he lasts through the playoffs, and the coaches will say they are going to, but I have my doubts they will follow through with that pledge when the bullets start flying.

If MM was still our OC I would agree. But Koetter LOVES to pass the ball, sjax will get his carries but not that many

this may not make sense but what would make this season a success for me is that we consistently convert 3rd & short, and is able to at least run well when the game is on the line. at least pick up 4 or 5 YPC. knowing Koetter, I wouldn't be surprised if late in the game if we're running well, he dials up a big play to put in the dagger. they said they're gonna do things different this year, maybe that'll be one

I think you got quizz with too small of numbers g dawg I expect him to have 700 to 750 total yds aka his basic stats from last yr. I think Sjax will have the same amount of carries as turner about 225 but he will at least have 15 to 25 more catches than turner.

I think dirk will design more wrinkles for both sjax and quizz, which equates to more touches

Edited by jdawg4876

so my sjax stat line is

225 carries for 1025 yds 8 tds

35 to 40 catches for 350 yds 2 tds

quizz

is

80 carries for 325 yds 1td

46 catches for 385 yds 1td

oh and p.s.

one reason I think quizz will be better running the ball is now he will truly be hidden behind our massive O line, and he has got the shiftiness down

Edited by jdawg4876