Post Your Breakout Players On O And D

Give me one each on O and D, I expect several guys to break out, but give me the one guy on both sides of the ball that you expect to make the jump from " just a guy " to " pretty damm good " Here are mine...

Defense - Cory Peters

I think this year will be his coming out party. The injury last year stifled his development, and he was not pretty in the playoffs. But I have always seen major potential in him, and I think this is the year he takes it to the next level if he stays healthy. I expect him to take over as our best DT in 13.

Offense - Lamar Holmes

I think he will win the RT job, and show why TD drafted him so early. All he really needs is NFL coaching to improve as a run blocker, something he was not asked to do in college. I predict he will be a fixture on the O line for many years.

Offense-Harry Douglas. More of a wish than a prediction.

Defense-Robert McClain. I know he technically "broke out" last year, but I think he solidifies himself as a starting NFL corner this season. Alford, Trufant, and Samuel on the depth chart only make it sweeter.

Pared with Moore and DeCoud, that has got to be the best secondary in the NFL next year ...

I'm going with Dent on defense and Quizz on offense. I think Dent was a good LB towards the end of the season and the only people who don't see that are the ones who don't believe players can get better. I pick Quizz because this will be year three for him and should have a better OL to work with, better plays for him and just natural development.

I'm going with Dent on defense and Quizz on offense. I think Dent was a good LB towards the end of the season and the only people who don't see that are the ones who don't believe players can get better. I pick Quizz because this will be year three for him and should have a better OL to work with, better plays for him and just natural development.

It is what it is...Owens/Dent are who they are(SPT/backup). I thought V. Walker got better.

On a side note, Quizz broke out last year (IMHO) because he was true value based on round drafted...irregardless of the O-line.

It's kind of hard for me to say any rookie or first year player because there's no baseline to go off of. I have to agree with slick0ne.

O - Konz - he will return to his natural position. he has had a full offseason to prepare mentally and physically.

D - Dent - probably will never be a all pro but he can at least provide us what Lofton did. Lofton didn't have great stats his first year playing but he improved each year after. As long as he provides solid tackling in the run game, he won't be on the field much having to worry about covering.

It is what it is...Owens/Dent are who they are(SPT/backup). I thought V. Walker got better.

On a side note, Quizz broke out last year (IMHO) because he was true value based on round drafted...irregardless of the O-line.

I'm not saying Dent is going to turn into a supreme All Pro stud, but he was definitely a good player in the run game later in the year. If he can continue to improve, which he did last year, along with the increase in size of our DL, our running game could be back to a strength.

Quizz didn't break out last year in my opinion. He was finally used to his strengths. But as I pointed out, with natural improvement, I expect the game to slow down and him to break longer runs more consistently.

I'm not saying Dent is going to turn into a supreme All Pro stud, but he was definitely a good player in the run game later in the year. If he can continue to improve, which he did last year, along with the increase in size of our DL, our running game could be back to a strength.

Quizz didn't break out last year in my opinion. He was finally used to his strengths. But as I pointed out, with natural improvement, I expect the game to slow down and him to break longer runs more consistently.

I'm all ears for the run stopping covering MLB that are a dime a dozen coming through the NFL. We had run defense licked, w/o a big DL.

I always thought run stuffing should be intuitive for a MLB in the 3rd...w/o that he (MLB) is a SPT player.

Offense: Steven Jackson (hear me out, I know Sjax is not "just a guy" but many people are writing him off saying he's too old and doesn't have it anymore, but I think he's about to have one of the best seasons of his career).

Defense: Peria Jerry (hear me out again, I know he's been sucking, but the coaches have held onto him for a reason. Maybe Nolan knows how to utilize his skills better, this is his contract year, and his injury should have gotten better. It's almost the same as Sam Bakers situation. Everyone was so quick to say how bad he was, but the coaches kept him because they knew his potential.)