Former Hawks Star Critical After Crash

CLAYTON COUNTY, Ga. —

Three people are in critical condition after a crash that shut down traffic on a Clayton County highway Friday afternoon.

Among the victims is former Atlanta Hawks star Daron Oshay "Mookie" Blaylock, according to the Clayton County police chief.

Officers are trying to figure out why an SUV driver involved went into oncoming traffic on Tara Boulevard near North Avenue after 1 p.m.

Jonesboro police said the driver was traveling northbound on Tara Boulevard and then went through the median and crashed head-on into a van carrying a husband and wife. The couple and the SUV driver were taken to Atlanta Medical Center in critical condition.

Officers said the van was so mangled, it was difficult for emergency responders to get one of the injured passengers out. She was airlifted to the hospital.

Another driver on the road said she barely missed the SUV.

"He crossed over the median directly in front of me. I swerved in a split second and he hit them on the side of me, and he flipped over in the ditch,” Nicoby Williams said. “He hit them because I swerved out of the way."

Guest Masbinacci

Sounds like a heart attack or stroke while driving.

That can happen if you do not take your insulin, i believe

Prayers for everyone involved.

Big fan of Mookie. Many know this, but for the ones that don't, Pearl Jam's original name was Mookie Blaylock. They were fans too. No BS. A court order forced the band to change their name. They held no hard feelings though.

No chit ?, that is pretty insane LOL .....

Big fan of Mookie. Many know this, but for the ones that don't, Pearl Jam's original name was Mookie Blaylock. They were fans too. No BS. A court order forced the band to change their name. They held no hard feelings though.

There first album was named 'ten' after his jersey number.

I remember I was in savannah and the some hawks players were in a reatuarant called morrisons...mookie was there and I was young but I wanna say dikembe (sp) was there too..got autographs but you could read mookie clear..he put me on his shoulders too bc I asked him what it was like to be so tall..they were huge to me!..classy guy the one time I met him!

I remember I was in savannah and the some hawks players were in a reatuarant called morrisons...mookie was there and I was young but I wanna say dikembe (sp) was there too..got autographs but you could read mookie clear..he put me on his shoulders too bc I asked him what it was like to be so tall..they were huge to me!..classy guy the one time I met him!

Great story!