The Next Russell Wilson

Kayoh

Seems like since Seattle got Wilson in the 3rd round people are trying to find the next guy that fits that mold.

There wasn't really one in 2012, and the guy I'm looking at is only going to be a junior in 2013, so there very well couldn't be one in 2013 as well, but this guy is legit, and he plays in weaker conference so he most likely won't be considered a consensus 1st round pick unless he leads them to a crazy undefeated season or something like that.

Who is the QB in question? Chuckie Keeton. Utah State QB. Some of the prettiest passes I've seen in a while. 4.5-ish speed. Great accuracy from the pocket & on the move. Just saying, the kid's got "it".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Seems like since Seattle got Wilson in the 3rd round people are trying to find the next guy that fits that mold.

There wasn't really one in 2012, and the guy I'm looking at is only going to be a junior in 2013, so there very well couldn't be one in 2013 as well, but this guy is legit, and he plays in weaker conference so he most likely won't be considered a consensus 1st round pick unless he leads them to a crazy undefeated season or something like that.

Who is the QB in question? Chuckie Keeton. Utah State QB. Some of the prettiest passes I've seen in a while. 4.5-ish speed. Great accuracy from the pocket & on the move. Just saying, the kid's got "it".

Johnny Football is the next Russell Wilson

Wilson would have been a top 10 pick had he been a inch or two taller I doubt keeton has that type of skill set.

Johnny Football plays in the SEC also plays in a pro style offense(of today) has huge hands and an big arm and is accurate down the field every thing Wilson did in collage.

Sucks for Keaton. Hopefully he bounces back from that injury.

While were comparing

Teddy Bridgewater has a very similar skill set to Andrew Luck minus the bulk luck has but he can put some muscle on.

Luck's bread and butter is pocket awareness and muscling his way through any contact he may get while in the pocket which isn't really Bridgewater's thing. Bridgewater reminds me more of Aaron Rodgers since he has a rocket arm with plus accuracy and can scramble when the opportunity presents itself and all the targets are covered.

Johnny Football is the next Russell Wilson

Wilson would have been a top 10 pick had he been a inch or two taller I doubt keeton has that type of skill set.

Johnny Football plays in the SEC also plays in a pro style offense(of today) has huge hands and an big arm and is accurate down the field every thing Wilson did in collage.

Everything written here about Johnny Football except that he plays in the SEC and has big enough hands is completely wrong.

Sucks for Keaton. Hopefully he bounces back from that injury.

Luck's bread and butter is pocket awareness and muscling his way through any contact he may get while in the pocket which isn't really Bridgewater's thing. Bridgewater reminds me more of Aaron Rodgers since he has a rocket arm with plus accuracy and can scramble when the opportunity presents itself and all the targets are covered.

I hate player comparisons but I think if Bridgewater continues to work on his accuracy the Rodgers comparison is a great one.