Never Been More Exctied For Training Camp And Pre Season

even though every yr mike smith says its an open competition at all spots. this is the first yr where I think a lot of spots could be up to grab. with the roster it is right now I see a good 4 to 5 spots open on defense and three open on offense.

on defense

the other DE spot. while I believe kroy will be penciled in as the starter on paper, he will play other positions a lot more including LB.

at CB I think asante is a starter but the other three spots are more than up to grab. yes im considering the nickle spot as a starter.

I think someone could challenge dent for a starting position.

on offense

center, RG, RT

while I believe konz will be the starting center ya never know. it will be an interesting battle between holmes, mike johnson, and hawley for the other two spots.

so all in all I havent been this excited about tc and pre season in a long time

the other DE starter

first we know the DEs will either rotate a lot or be used in situations a lot---But when ABe was released Smith said he had confidence in Mass and Matthews then after the draft he said Goodman could start. So that seems to be a competition area

At CB just my opinion but

Samuel, McClain, Trufant, Alford---- then Franks, T.Johnson, Thompson competing for the #5 spot

SAFETY I see some competition for the backup safety spots

Motto, Ishmael, Mitchell, and Schillinger-- at least 1 most likely 2 will not make the 53

At Center I think it will be Konz with Hawley as the backup

RG I think most people have Reynolds at this spot

RT a battle between Holmes and Johnson

Edited by delaigle

the other DE starter

first we know the DEs will either rotate a lot or be used in situations a lot---But when ABe was released Smith said he had confidence in Mass and Matthews then after the draft he said Goodman could start. So that seems to be a competition area

At CB just my opinion but

Samuel, McClain, Trufant, Alford---- then Franks, T.Johnson, Thompson competing for the #5 spot

SAFETY I see some competition for the backup safety spots

Motto, Ishmael, Mitchell, and Schillinger-- at least 1 most likely 2 will not make the 53

At Center I think it will be Konz with Hawley as the backup

RG I think most people have Reynolds at this spot

RT a battle between Holmes and Johnson

My prediction for the secondary hasn't changed. I think we go 5/5 split.

5 safeties: Decoud, Moore, Mitchell, Motta, Ishmael

5 CBs: Samuel, Trufant, McClain, Alford, Franks

I'm not quite as optimistic as last year, yet I am, like you, very much looking forward to see how things shake out roster wise and of course for the season to start. Falcons have a good enough team to win the SB, even with their holes, good enough is good enough!