Media Coverage

Why no media coverage on NFL live or NFL 32 regarding the Falcon's OTAs? It sucks watching footage of other teams. The team has a lot of "ifs" that could be fuel for the networks to talk about. Sjax, Osi, Rookie corners, oline, dline. I dont get it.

Because we aren't a big market....

I wonder how bias Fox Sports 1 will be towards spending most of their time talking about the Cowboys, Jets, and a few other teams.

I hope that they will be a much better option than ESPN and NFLN(use to love watching NFLN but has gone down hill the past 1 to 2 years).

Like I said before I would love ESPN and Fox Sports divide the countries media grounds. ESPN can keep reporting their biased stories on NY, LA, Chicago, Dallas, etc.

And Fox Sports 1 can have the rest of the country.

I would think the market size of ESPNs 5 cities would equal that of Fox Sports 1 rest of the country.

Like I said before I would love ESPN and Fox Sports divide the countries media grounds. ESPN can keep reporting their biased stories on NY, LA, Chicago, Dallas, etc.

And Fox Sports 1 can have the rest of the country.

I would think the market size of ESPNs 5 cities would equal that of Fox Sports 1 rest of the country.

Yeah, I think that the determining factor in the possible success of Fox Sports 1 will be providing more broad coverage when it comes to teams and other sports to allow them to establish themselves more and also maybe steal veiwers from ESPN because of it.

Can we please not be cry babies again this season when we get overlooked and the media doesn't talk about us????who the freak cares what they do or don't do...

Yeah, it is going to happen this season as well. I don't really have a problem with it. I just have a problem when they use double standards to bash a team while using it to try and make excuses for others.

Also, ESPN does not really report sports anymore. They rather talk about things like Tebow's birthday and think that its breaking news. That is why I hope Fox Sports 1 is like ESPN was before Disney purchased it.

Guest Masbinacci

Unless you are Jerry Jones liver spots or Tim Tebow ESPN could care less

Tebow for TE

Sorry I had to...... I'll show my way out the door with my head down

Seems like I read that Atlanta metro is the 9th largest tv market and 9th in US population. Seems pretty large.

Falcons don't necessarily equate to Atlanta and it's population. It is a huge transplant city. I don't really think it has so much to do with the market myself though. I just think that our roll has been cast in the TV drama that is ESPN / NFLN. We play our part in the Soap Opera and will continue to do so till we win a Superbowl and possibly even after that.

Seems like I read that Atlanta metro is the 9th largest tv market and 9th in US population. Seems pretty large.

That is probably true, but the networks don't seem to care unless you are a team with scandalous headlines. That or a team who just set the all time low benchmark for NFL defenses. Or both...

Don't choke on swamp water swimming you a** home.

Guest Masbinacci

Your username and avatar unequivocally demonstrate how you treat your presence on this board. You want real conversation, try acting like it. Until then, enjoy the Vicodin and the NFL's worst defense. Oh, and 2nd in the NFC South... If you are lucky...

She is not fat....... Just big boned

Will the media notice when we win the Superbowl, or will they jump right into college basketball?

honestly they still talk bad about the ravens and they just won. prolly get the same treatment just gotta hope our 6'8 Te is the future

NFLN had something with/about Thomas DeCoud a couple of days ago --- I didn't watch/ ---busy elsewhere

Yea I caught that segment and it was about as in depth as they get with teams like the birds. What's funny is it was mostly rehashing what's posted here days and weeks ago. Also Florio? did a decent segment with TD on NBCSports. It's out there but they are gonna cater to the big markets as much as they can.Even wading through the BS still get more news here than anywhere else.