Taint Busted

2.18 is pretty toasty ....

12833780-mmmain.jpg

After Morgan performed poorly on a field sobriety test, the trooper arrested him about 6:22 a.m. and took him the Jefferson Parish Correctional Center in Gretna, Matey said. Morgan's blood alcohol content registered 0.218 percent, more than twice the 0.08-percent legal limit, the arrest report said.A records check revealed hat Morgan did not have a valid driver's license, the report said. Morgan was booked Saturday at the Gretna jail. He was released the same day on a $1,150 bond.

Morgan entered this offseason as the team's No. 3 receiver. The speedy wide receiver hauled in 10 passes for 379 yards and three touchdowns in 2012 with seven of his 10 receptions gaining 30 or more yards. Morgan was signed as an undrafted rookie free agent in 2011, but he landed on injured reserve during that preseason.

LINK

Not condoning drinking and driving and I despise the aints passionately. But I hope the court will be more lenient due to the fact that this guy had the presence of mind to pull the heck off the road when he realized he was not able to maintain control of his vehicle. Had he continued he may have been found dead along with other innocent drivers. So be it.

Edited by HASHBROWN3

Whats missing from this quote is that he wasnt driving. He was parked on the side of the road sleep because he didnt want to drive drunk.

Its still against the law to be sitting in your car drunk even if you're not driving. I found out about this law about 6 years ago. It has to be one of the dumbest laws ever created. I feel bad for the guy, sports rivalry or not.

Whats missing from this quote is that he wasnt driving. He was parked on the side of the road sleep because he didnt want to drive drunk.

Its still against the law to be sitting in your car drunk even if you're not driving. I found out about this law about 6 years ago. It has to be one of the dumbest laws ever created. I feel bad for the guy, sports rivalry or not.

or here is another theory... He was driving drunk and decided to not continue, so parked up somewhere stupid and thought he'd get a few hours sleep.

IF his car was parked there in the first place, yea that sucks. But it's unlikely considering he was arrested post 6am....

Idiot if so, because he would've been even more hammered a few hours before.

or here is another theory... He was driving drunk and decided to not continue, so parked up somewhere stupid and thought he'd get a few hours sleep.

IF his car was parked there in the first place, yea that sucks. But it's unlikely considering he was arrested post 6am....

Idiot if so, because he would've been even more hammered a few hours before.

I'm sorry I cant call someone an idiot for making that choice.

One of my best friends got a DUI for the exact same thing, Left the bar, put the keys in the ignition to cut the AC on, leaned the seat back to sleep, then 4 Poice Cars surrounded the car. His lawyer must've sucked, because he wasn't able to get the charge dropped, lost his license for a year.